Chinese teenager riding a motorbike dies after crashing into a tree at high speed in the Pattaya area

webfact

607704-696x392.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya-  A young Chinese motorbike rider has been pronounced dead at the scene after crashing his bike in the Pattaya area.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 11:00 P.M. on Pattaya Second Road Jomtien in Nongprue on Monday evening, March 21st, 2022.

Police, emergency responders, and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the body of the driver who was identified as MR.HOU MAN KWOK, 19, a Chinese national, lying on the road. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/23/chinese-teenager-riding-a-motorbike-dies-after-crashing-into-a-tree-at-high-speed-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-23

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

Chinese motorbike rider has been pronounced dead

Second Road Jomtien in Nongprue on Monday evening, March 21st, 2022.

It was only the other day there was a motorbike death on this road, sad. ????

An education director from Bang Saray 

Take care out there guys 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

Slightly off subject but I was riding up Soi Khao Noi yesterday when I heard this loud, ear-piercing noise behind me. It was a self-built motorbike which looked OK but then I noticed the fuel tank which was a plastic bottle full of petrol stuck onto the handlebars with a tube supplying the engine. Tried to get a picture but sadly couldn't. No license plates btw.  

No sympathy, sounds like another boy racer to me and now one less danger on the road.

A witness, Mr. Sutthichock Chimcha, who had been out for a walk nearby, told TPN media, “The rider was driving at very high speed before losing control of the vehicle and crashing into the central reservation and trees. The force of the impact and speed caused him to break a tree in half and threw his body a significant distance.”

• Like 1

These deaths are a daily occurrance, any change to development and enforcement of road laws? NO, so nothing will change. At 19 years old that "kid" had likely been riding for a few years, so it isn't as if he wouldn't have been aware of and accepted the risks of riding at excessive speed. RIP fella.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Good news it will survive.

And free to kill again?

You are truly heartless Chili.

This tree gives a bad name to the thousands of trees peacefully ambling beside the road, never dreaming of launching themselves into oncoming traffic with evil in their souls. It just goes to show how one bad tree spoils the forest.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

No sympathy, sounds like another boy racer to me and now one less danger on the road.

A witness, Mr. Sutthichock Chimcha, who had been out for a walk nearby, told TPN media, “The rider was driving at very high speed before losing control of the vehicle and crashing into the central reservation and trees. The force of the impact and speed caused him to break a tree in half and threw his body a significant distance.”

Seen the aftermath only....the significant distance was also 2 lanes over the other side of the dividing trees, while bike stayed on direction.

Well lit straight road + young idiot on big bike not mix well.

16 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It was only the other day there was a motorbike death on this road, sad. ????

An education director from Bang Saray 

Take care out there guys 

What a horrible place to live, all those noisy, speeding bikes, riders crashing, emergency vehicles racing around, sirens ablaze.

Not for me. 

These people must never get any sleep, they have a crowd at their house, maybe they offer entertainment nights for the ghoulish and gruesome. 

IMG_20220324_025014.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What a horrible place to live, all those noisy, speeding bikes, riders crashing, emergency vehicles racing around, sirens ablaze.

Not for me. 

These people must never get any sleep, they have a crowd at their house, maybe they offer entertainment nights for the ghoulish and gruesome. 

IMG_20220324_025014.jpg

A few years after this road was opened a local expat (on his Harley) who owned a business installing swimming pools, if remember he had a shop on Theprasit, was killed (10 years ago). 

This road is a widow maker. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST