Thailand reports 25,389 new COVID-19 cases, 87 deaths, 26,084 recoveries

webfact

COV30.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Wednesday (March 30) reported 25,389 new COVID-19 cases, 26,084 recoveries and 87 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 3,600,787 with 25,045 deaths.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update30MAR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-30

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Phuket marks 232 new COVID cases, no new deaths

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 232 new local infections confirmed across the island yesterday (Mar 29), bringing the total number of infections recorded since Jan 1 to 46,081.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-232-new-covid-cases-no-new-deaths-83626.php

Image: PPHO

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At the same time, the government also reported 87 new COVID deaths, up from 78 the day before and just one shy of Thailand's daily record for 2022 of 88 set on March 21.

Or equally factually :coffee1:

At the same time, the government also reported 87 new COVID deaths, up from 78 the day before, this figure remains 72% lower than Thailand's record during the COVID pandemic of 312 daily deaths in August 2021.

BTW - I do greatly appreciate your daily efforts in preparing and sharing such detailed data/information :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

Just out of interest did the deaths occur due solely to Covid or was there other underlaying problems which was the main cause of death but they was tested positive for Covid?

There is a big difference.

This is not a conspiracy Sir.  Thailand decided in the last month or so to list those that died from Covid as such and if from other underlying issues to not be included.  

6 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Just out of interest did the deaths occur due solely to Covid or was there other underlaying problems which was the main cause of death but they was tested positive for Covid?

There is a big difference.

There's a big difference in the reported official deaths and the excess deaths, interesting right?

• Like 1

At long last we have a report, for today, which is showing a drop from 306 cases on 25th March. Goodness knows what happened inbetween!

Health officials on Wednesday (Mar 30) reported 293 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, of which 103 cases were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 16 cases were found in Pranburi, 38 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 9 cases in Kuiburi, 5 cases in Thap Sakae, 32 cases in Bang Saphan, 1 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 89 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Three new COVID-19 related deaths were reported in the province today.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/mar-30-prachuap-reports-293-new-covid-19-cases-103-in-hua-hin/

275585219_493462179068208_576871376202570271_n.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The serious hospitalization and intubation numbers have continued upward on an almost daily basis. I put more stock in those in terms of being valid indicators.

I'm holding my breath (figuratively) until I start to see a clear downward trend on those -- which has yet to happen.

Yes this is absolutely, completely the nub of the matter.  

Definitely a hairy situation, but it doesn't seem to be the killer beast that Delta is/was despite being very widespread,  and with only moderately successful vaccine program and low levels of natural immunity.  

By the way, I agree that 'mild' is the wrong description- 'less severe' perhaps.

(I'm particularly aware of the plight of immune compromised folk.  Why on earth has the vaccine rate been so low for the elderly I wonder.  Here in Surat Thani City, there also appears to be no booster campaign whatsoever!)

Edited by mommysboy

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 232 new local infections confirmed across the island yesterday (Mar 29), bringing the total number of infections recorded since Jan 1 to 46,081.

are they having a laugh

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DustyShoes said:

"Thailand decided"...? Please be more specific or provide a link. Thanks.

In any case, glad to hear someone admit to excluding (hiding?) a vital stat that could interfere with their fearmongering objective/narrative.

Do some of your own research.  Here is a Thaiger YouTube video that explains it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajT_g3gO_4Y

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DustyShoes said:

"Thailand decided"...? Please be more specific or provide a link. Thanks.

In any case, glad to hear someone admit to excluding (hiding?) a vital stat that could interfere with their fearmongering objective/narrative.

If they wanted to fear monger would the best strategy be to test more and get somewhere close to the real figure of new cases which is estimated to be 250k cases a day? & why would they change their covid deaths reporting to also keep the numbers of deaths down?

image.png.4383e6366d23ef7f3032a22f338e0649.png

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-models#institute-for-health-metrics-and-evaluation-ihme

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This is not a conspiracy Sir.  Thailand decided in the last month or so to list those that died from Covid as such and if from other underlying issues to not be included.  

I never mentioned conspiracy. The number of deaths is small. What is the normal daily death rate in Thailand? With that you get some context. A number is just a number and on its own has little significance.

3 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

I never mentioned conspiracy. The number of deaths is small. What is the normal daily death rate in Thailand? With that you get some context. A number is just a number and on its own has little significance.

Peer reviewed study.

For Thailand, as of the end of 2021, the country reported a total of 21,700 Covid-related deaths. The analysis estimated around 35,200 excess deaths in Thailand from January 2020 to the end of 2021.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02796-3/fulltext#seccestitle150

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi announces 1,283 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 and three new deaths

Highlights:

1,283 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today

8,306 positive ATK (rapid antigen) tests were reported but all require a second confirmed PCR test before being counted as official cases. The ATK positive tests are just “possible” cases until confirmed by PCR. TPN notes, however, that second confirmed tests are no longer mandatory except for high-risk groups.

1,191 (PCR) and 4,732 (ATK) recovered and were released from medical care

Three new deaths

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/30/chonburi-announces-1283-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-three-new-deaths/

And those 8,306 positive ATKs in Chonburi amount to just under one third of the national total 25,397.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Peer reviewed study.

For Thailand, as of the end of 2021, the country reported a total of 21,700 Covid-related deaths. The analysis estimated around 35,200 excess deaths in Thailand from January 2020 to the end of 2021.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02796-3/fulltext#seccestitle150

Very nice but a "Case" is not something to get worried over. You catch a cold you are a case for the cold. The real problems come if, due to the virus and nothing else, you are hospitalised or die from it. But the emphasis is that no other illness is the cause of the outcome

4 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Very nice but a "Case" is not something to get worried over. You catch a cold you are a case for the cold. The real problems come if, due to the virus and nothing else, you are hospitalised or die from it. But the emphasis is that no other illness is the cause of the outcome

Not a lot nice about covid deaths which is what my post was about, not cases.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not a lot nice about covid deaths which is what my post was about, not cases.

Nothing nice about any death I would agree but governments tend to put case numbers in a way that makes it look like hospitalisations and deaths which it is not. This is what makes everything look worse than it is.

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

Nothing nice about any death I would agree but governments tend to put case numbers in a way that makes it look like hospitalisations and deaths which it is not. This is what makes everything look worse than it is.

I quoted a peer reviewef study from the Lancet. Not the government.....try again

• Like 2