thai pass absolute nightmare

applied for thai pass online sent all docoments waited 5 days  no reply, so then decided to book it through hotel that does everything for you, so booked and paid for another sha+ hotel,

confirmation from hotel arrived that was on 23 feb, this morning still nothing so called hotel with the query, lady said would check it out and get back to me which she did she contacted them but thai pass has found no application from us registered, suggested we send all documents to thai pass ourselves. not keen but as heard you can apply multiple times thought  ok will try,  trying to register online thai pass will not let us do it as we have no code to enter, which is what the prob was in the first place,  any helpful suggestions would be appreciated, our flights myself and thai wife are booked for 20th april

regards scotty

• Confused 2

- Thailand Pass system will not permit registration less than 2 day before departure date. (to ensure smooth journey it is highly recommended that you plan your travel at least 7 days in advance). In case of emergency travel, please send your request / supporting documents to [email protected] -

from their website, this might be your problem? maybe applying early?

Documents required for registration

1. Passport and Visa (if required)

2. Certificate of Vaccination

3. Insurance with minimum coverage of 20,000 USD for medical expenses (not required for Thai nationals / foreign residents in Thailand can use social security or certificate from their employer)

4. Paid Reservation Confirmation from SHA Extra+ / AQ Hotel for 1 night (Day 1). The price must include the fee for 1 RT-PCR test, 1 ATK self-test kit and airport transfer.

-

again from their website. Maybe any problem here? its also asking for visa.. 

https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus

this link has the lists of hotels from their website again.. maybe want to try one of them using their website?

but i read some posts saying they got their pass really easy and in short time.

Edited by problemfarang
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

- Thailand Pass system will not permit registration less than 2 day before departure date. (to ensure smooth journey it is highly recommended that you plan your travel at least 7 days in advance). In case of emergency travel, please send your request / supporting documents to [email protected] -

from their website, this might be your problem? maybe applying early?

3. Insurance with minimum coverage of 20,000 USD for medical expenses (not required for Thai nationals / foreign residents in Thailand can use social security or certificate from their employer)

4. Paid Reservation Confirmation from SHA Extra+ / AQ Hotel for 1 night (Day 1). The price must include the fee for 1 RT-PCR test, 1 ATK self-test kit and airport transfer.

-

https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus

this link has the lists of hotels from their website again.. maybe want to try one of them using their website?

Not difficult but a little tedious. Get organised, follow the instructions and it's issued with 3-7 working days. I've done it 3 times now. No rejections.

Edited by soi3eddie

33 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

-

Thailand Pass does not ask for Visa information. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

- Do not use a hotmail account to register (these have been problematic in the past).

I used a hotmail.com account & had no problems getting the Thailand Pass, applied on Wednesday 9th March, got the approval on Tuesday 16th March for arrival to Thailand on 27th March.

OP If you're conscerned, I did see on a youtube video that Key Visa have been helping to get these for people & generally gets a very fast turn around - No idea of costs but if you email them, I'm sure they can help you to get it well before 20th April.

Had my thai 7 day AQ pass back approved in less than 1 hour in January - no complaints. Once you have everything downloaded, jpegged, trimmed, etc it was quite easy - saying that my insurance had a glaring mistake with wrong passport number (digit missing) but approved anyway. No problems with Yahoo e-mail address.

Edited by RichardColeman

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

great. and did you applied while you are still in thailand? if yes, then its not about the time

Why would anyone apply for a Thailand  pass if they are already in Thailand?  If they are in Thailand  then they need an extension  of Visa not an application  of a Thailand Pass.  Did you actually  think before you posted this question?  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

After successfully submitting docs/info, you should have received the code on screen followed by confirmation of application email through [email protected] etc. also with the code. If you had neither (it’s not in your Junk box?), could be that you left something out and/or it didn’t go through. 

Had minor hiccups but found it surprisingly efficient given the propensity for convoluted thai bureaucracy. Around two days; the boy a few hours. 

All the best. 

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Op [higliander403] - this is something you can do yourself rather than relying on a 3rd party, who as you have found out are not communicating well with you. 

- Use the correct website: https://tp.consular.go.th

- Do not use a hotmail account to register (these have been problematic in the past).

- Have all your documents in JPEG (not more than 5mb) i.e.

- Passport ID page (no need for a visa)

- Certificate of vaccination with QR code.

- Cropped out QR code.

- Health / medical insurance certificate (1 page stating amount of cover).

- Have your SHA Plus+ Test&Go booking confirmation:

(pre-paid which includes transport, PCR Test & ATK).

Seriously ?

I have not find info on the thaipass site (of course)...

Do one need a certificate WITH QR CODE ???

I have a hard copy certificate, legit, but there is no QR Code.

Can someone confirm ?

I received my Thai Pass yesterday after applying 5 days ago. I used the exact same documents (insurance, vaccination certificate, etc.) as I did for my previous four entries. This was the slowest approval at 5 days. The fastest was two hours in December. 

Since they've already reviews my docs and approved me multiple times, you'd think some of the steps would be automated and each subsequent approval would be speeded up. But no. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Seriously ?

I have not find info on the thaipass site (of course)...

Do one need a certificate WITH QR CODE ???

I have a hard copy certificate, legit, but there is no QR Code.

Can someone confirm ?

In case one need the same info here...

It's OPTIONAL.

https://medium.com/thailand-pass/how-to-submit-the-qr-code-from-your-vaccination-certificate-6fb05379c226

12 hours ago, impulse said:

I got spoiled many years ago when traveling for the company.  We just gave them our passport and they hired a visa agency to do all the legwork.  It was a couple of hundred $$$, and they'd tell us what documents they needed, what we lacked, etc.  They'd wait in the consulate queues and deal with the frustrations. 

So after I started traveling on my own, I still tend to use visa agencies when it's anything but a visa exempt.  They only get paid when I pick up my passport with the visa in it, and they know what they're doing...

I'm not advocating it to everyone, especially if your process has gone swimmingly.  But sometimes, it's worth it to suck it up and pay a pro to solve a problem.

would you consider sending me a PM with the contact info for the visa agency you use? Thanks

13 hours ago, John Bird said:

I'd definitely wait until this nonsense is scrapped, hopefully by June. It's just not worth it. 

The day they do scrap the bureaucracy the floodgates will open. There are so many people waiting to either come for a holiday or leave to visit family at home that there will be an instant and high leap in arrivals and departures.

• Like 1