Return from short UK trip, what if test Positive?

@Pappap You raised a good question and also right to ask people that this happened to them to come with their feedback and story, I want to know the same...

Unfortunately no idea where they are, must be so <deleted> off that they can't be bothered...! The rest of us just speculating what could happen...

My other concern is also about if I was negative but someone next to me in the plane was positive - then will have to quarantine I guess....!!!  (as most of UK now has it or catching Covid, without a pre-flight PCR test, what are the chances...? Higher now... ).

Let's hope some people who had these exact experiences will tell us...

• Like 2

There is no more social virus tracing for many months, since end of december. 
Instead of it the 5th day testing was introduced. First pcr and hotel, from March its self administered atk. 

Rules are fast changing, every single month. 

Health authorities don't collect now data on airplane seating.

Now they have even stopped scanning thailand pass QR code. 
Some airlines have stopped checking all the required documents for entering thailand, bar quick glance at thailand pass (and even this is done by some supporting security company, and not by the airline employees themselves).

the only obstacle is being tested positive in thailand. For that only recovery certificate is a remedy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

There is no more social virus tracing for many months, since end of december. 
Instead of it the 5th day testing was introduced. First pcr and hotel, from March its self administered atk. 

Rules are fast changing, every single month. 

Health authorities don't collect now data on airplane seating.

Now they have even stopped scanning thailand pass QR code. 
Some airlines have stopped checking all the required documents for entering thailand, bar quick glance at thailand pass (and even this is done by some supporting security company, and not by the airline employees themselves).

the only obstacle is being tested positive in thailand. For that only recovery certificate is a remedy

Thanks for reply...

I thought showing Thai Pass QR on the phone will be enough for airline boarding - that should show up all the info...

But since people (from UK departure) say need to print all the docs that was sent to This Pass and take to airport - a bit overkill, but is that true...!? What's the point of Thai Pass and QR if airlines need to check everything , and I can fake and print any document in 5 minutes on Photoshop , I thought QR was to get around all of this... !!!! ? 

• Haha 2

On 4/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, Pappap said:

but with the extensive spread of Covid (at the moment) there's a chance I may return a positive test on arrival in Bangkok.

No point in a test before I leave, I can't stay any longer and even if negative can still catch it on the flight

Perhaps slightly off topic.

Yes Omicron is extremely contagious.

Your locked into short turn around then so be it.

What advice are you looking for?

Looking for someone hold hand.

If travel is imperative then deal with it.

Personally I'm waiting to visit family in Oz after 2 years and will wait till TP etc is history.

Understand that's not option for you. 

Experience from a friend attached.

What guarantee are you after. 

Screenshot_20220403-181410.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps slightly off topic.

Yes Omicron is extremely contagious.

Your locked into short turn around then so be it.

What advice are you looking for?

Looking for someone hold hand.

If travel is imperative then deal with it.

Personally I'm waiting to visit family in Oz after 2 years and will wait till TP etc is history.

Understand that's not option for you. 

Experience from a friend attached.

What guarantee are you after. 

Screenshot_20220403-181410.jpg

Yes it's imperative, no I don't want a hand to hold but that's the type of story I'm looking for.   thanks

8 hours ago, Pappap said:

Yes it's imperative, no I don't want a hand to hold but that's the type of story I'm looking for.   thanks

Sometimes best to bite the bullet.

Just go for it.

Hope all goes well for you.

What's that saying...leap of faith.

Edit: just recalled that false positives and negatives are common.

Will look for other messages but it's common. 

Screenshot_20220403-223005.jpg

• Like 1

Get a test prior to departure as then at least you can prove, that you were negative on departure. This can result in a second testing in Bangkok and chances are, that you are not positive. At the moment it takes one positive passenger to put, technically, the entire passenger load at risk. 

And, as proven in the past, the first test was positive, the second test negative - so much to tests! 

I suggested to my friends to stay away from Thailand until Anutin and the boys are either out or more reasonable. Entire continents are without masks, alcohol jelly and the works and here they still run around in transparent garbage bag uniforms treating you like a descendant from out space - maybe that explains, why they call us "dirty farang" or "alien". 

• Like 2

So....if I'm put in a hospital, Insurance should pay, if however I'm asymptomatic what are my choices?

You will not be in a Hospital, you will be in your ASQ hotel waiting for the result, and if it is positive you will have the option to Quarantine at home if you have the possibility to do so. The hotel probably want you to stay 5 days with them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

You will not be in a Hospital, you will be in your ASQ hotel waiting for the result, and if it is positive you will have the option to Quarantine at home if you have the possibility to do so. The hotel probably want you to stay 5 days with them.

Hi,

Thank you for your input but what if my hotel and test is in Bangkok ON ARRIVAL but for home quarantine, I want to go to my home in Isaarn?

I have a car and driver to come and collect me in Bangkok! ( my other half!)

I ask because I am in a similar position to the OP, however I am out on April 23rd and return May 9th and likewise,  I have unavoidable business in the UK.

43 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Ah, that's acceptable, 5 days, as mentioned home is Krabi so will be stuck in Bangkok until allowed out to play!!!

• Like 1

Guys,

I am booked in a reputable SHA plus hotel. The way Covid has spread in the UK, I am with the OP and chances are high in contracting it. My sister has had it and she is vaccinated 4 times and my son has had it and he is vaccinated 3 times. Neither serious, but both had to have time off work as they work with people with disabilities.

So, in the event of a positive test, they would expect me to stay at the hotel until negative as opposed to a hospital?

I have full insurance with Pacific Cross including for Covid19 but I have seen and read nothing that applies for this eventuality as in staying in a hotel until clear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I have a car and driver to come and collect me in Bangkok!

I would believe that is up to the ASQ hotel to decide, actually I do not think they ask where you live. They might ask you to report to your local district office on arrival.

• Like 1

Just now, Pappap said:

Ah, that's acceptable, 5 days, as mentioned home is Krabi so will be stuck in Bangkok until allowed out to play!!!

It would be acceptable for me too but I would like and appreciate any link to this information?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Get a test prior to departure as then at least you can prove, that you were negative on departure. This can result in a second testing in Bangkok and chances are, that you are not positive. At the moment it takes one positive passenger to put, technically, the entire passenger load at risk. 

And, as proven in the past, the first test was positive, the second test negative - so much to tests! 

I suggested to my friends to stay away from Thailand until Anutin and the boys are either out or more reasonable. Entire continents are without masks, alcohol jelly and the works and here they still run around in transparent garbage bag uniforms treating you like a descendant from out space - maybe that explains, why they call us "dirty farang" or "alien". 

Point taken, however it seems a lot are catching it on the flight over, but will ask for a second test anyway and take some self testing with me, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

I am booked in a reputable SHA plus hotel. The way Covid has spread in the UK, I am with the OP and chances are high in contracting it. My sister has had it and she is vaccinated 4 times and my son has had it and he is vaccinated 3 times. Neither serious, but both had to have time off work as they work with people with disabilities.

So, in the event of a positive test, they would expect me to stay at the hotel until negative as opposed to a hospital?

I have full insurance with Pacific Cross including for Covid19 but I have seen and read nothing that applies for this eventuality as in staying in a hotel until clear.

Hope all goes well, an update would be great, thanks..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pappap said:

Thanks for the reply, not sure what you mean about a recovery certificate being a remedy? How can you get a certificate if you haven't had covid prior to arriving back in Bangkok and it's the first time you tested positive, i.e first time you've had covid? or can we "buy"! a recovery certificate from somewhere?

I am with you on this and confused by this response as well.

As far as I read, you are simply asking if you return a positive what is the procedure?

Nothing to do with recovery certificates.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It would be acceptable for me too but I would like and appreciate any link to this information?

Seems it's "up to" 10 days, from Thai Embassy website, guess it's up to how you smile at the doctor!!! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pappap said:

Point taken, however it seems a lot are catching it on the flight over, but will ask for a second test anyway and take some self testing with me, thanks.

I am doing my best to minimize contact with others  by coming Q suites with Qatar on my return and booked a private car to the hotel with only me in it.

• Like 1

No point in a test before I leave, I can't stay any longer and even if negative can still catch it on the flight.

You are extremely fortunate the Thais have dropped the pre departure test, although the general view of this forum is they were wrong to do so.

Previously had you tested positive pre departure you would have had no option but to remain in the UK, wouldn't have been allowed to board.

On 4/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, internationalism said:

Do get recovery certificate in bangkok for 2k. 
protects you for 90 days. 
has to be issued minimum 14 days before entry

Why has it got to be issued a minimum 14 days before entry?

A Covid Recovery Certificate has to be issued 14 days after a positive test. If your certificate is issued 14 days after a positive test then you can enter on the following day.

53 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You are extremely fortunate the Thais have dropped the pre departure test, although the general view of this forum is they were wrong to do so.

Previously had you tested positive pre departure you would have had no option but to remain in the UK, wouldn't have been allowed to board.

Cor blimey we are lucky...thanks for the info!!!

23 minutes ago, mlkik said:

Why has it got to be issued a minimum 14 days before entry?

A Covid Recovery Certificate has to be issued 14 days after a positive test. If your certificate is issued 14 days after a positive test then you can enter on the following day.

This is what I thought initially as well, and the Thai Embassy UK site says 'infected more than 14 days'. But the rules actually say 14 days after the recovery certificate was issued.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

"you must present a valid medical certificate certifying the full recovery (within 3 months but no less than 14 days before travelling)"

Recovery certificates can be issued at different times depending on the country. (In the UK, the earliest seems to be 7 days.)

"I am doing my best to minimize contact with others  by coming Q suites with Qatar".

I don't think this will help much if you are flying banjo class with QR, as I did recently.

An Arab gentleman, sitting next to me, coughed and spluttered the whole of my journey

to Doha, where, thankfully, he disembarked. Similarly, many of the other pax around me

were coughing, the whole of that leg.

I picked up a serious cold (not covid) from my particular flight nearly a month ago, and

it is still with me.

My advice is to fly business or first class to avoid close contact with others. 

What is the legal situation if positive and you refuse to go to an over priced hospitel? Can you legally refuse to be carted off if you want to quarantine at home? Surely they cannot force you to pay these ridiculous prices if you refuse to do so.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 2