Bar owners are finding it hard to recruit Thai girls

webfact

7 hours ago, tonysilly said:

No there is not.  If a bar girl makes 1,000 a night that's 30,000 bht.  That's great !!! Better then working for some Thai loser who pays 10,000bht. Correct.  Smarts girls are making 60 to 100,00 bht a month.  I said smart.  Not pretty. 

Most girls in busy times I knew, "only"

2-4 take outs every week, some younger managed more even in one day, but normal decent beer bar girls, aimed for long term holiday gf only, and when had a man promising coming back, some only went short times, and was available almost 24 hours for any who checking them up. Of course those who was popular had a few more on gras.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

After the next High Season starts, this will all be forgotten. 

Except that bar owners will always complain about lack of girls. 

And probably about a lack of customers too.

• Haha 2

"Apparently when many girls had returned during a previous lull in Covid regulations last year, had rented rooms and paid deposits only to find everything was forced to close again."

We have a saying in England, and udoubtedly other countries have their own versions but :-  

"Once bitten, twice shy"

53 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why do people persist in this silly misquotation? Prostitution is regulated under a number of pieces of legislation. 

Ahem:- 

"Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, but the laws are ambiguous and often unenforced. As a result, red-light districts, massage parlors, go-go bars, and sex-focused karaoke bars are common sights."

2 hours ago, androokery said:

If you think paying for sexual services is wrong, you may be in the wrong country, maybe even in the wrong continent.

No I don't at all, I just think that bar owners are sleazy reprobates who take advantage of poor uneducated girls desperate for money.  I prefer to see them online, where they keep all the money and can pick and choose.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

Ahem:- 

"Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, but the laws are ambiguous and often unenforced. As a result, red-light districts, massage parlors, go-go bars, and sex-focused karaoke bars are common sights."

And that's where you (or rather Google) are wrong.  The act of paying someone for sexual services is not illegal in Thailand; in fact the laws are not dissimilar to the UK, where the act itself is not illegal, although many aspects surrounding it are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gargamon said:

The game has changed. Those still in the game, if they have any brains at all, are offering their wares on Thai Friendly or elsewhere. Why go through the bar nonsense, rowdy drunks, etc. when they can get a few customers a day on the internet?

100% correct.  Its not finished - like many things, its the format that's changed.

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

you've got some serious hang-ups bro. puritanical upbringing perhaps (like mine)? seriously, please sell professional help as it's not healthy carrying all that baggage.

Not a bit of it, I just hate exploitation of vulnerable girls ( and boys I guess)  and what amounts  to domestic trafficking.  Let the girls ply their trade online if they wish, clear of the sleaze balls that own bars. If you want to see where all this ends up, or starts, watch the many videos of girls' being trafficked into the sex trade  in Cambodia, lots of them on U Tube.  It happens here too.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, oMega69 said:

All stunners are doing onlyfans now . . . . RIP gogo bars ????

Good, that's where they should stay, choose when and with whom, no explotative contract with some low life bar owner,  and they keep all their money.  

2 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Good, that's where they should stay, choose when and with whom, no explotative contract with some low life bar owner,  and they keep all their money.  

They also get exploited on 'onlyfans' if they have a handler, which most do.

4 minutes ago, oMega69 said:

All stunners are doing onlyfans now . . . . RIP gogo bars ????

That would explain why when I took my brother for a drive down Soi 6 all the girls were fat & horrible, bums the size of my ex wife's, and did she ever pack the pounds on after we married ????

3 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

still thousands of girls pattaya jomtien  Just how many can you handle..how many do you need.....more than enough skirt for everyone

More never hurts.

Your right though it's flowing girls along beach road.

Many stunners!

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Indian Guys?  For some they are a problem.  But for others it is not.  This Indian Guy in LA did just fine:

There's a *slight* difference between this very wealthy Indian guy and the hordes negotiating four for the price of one deals on Walking Street!

11 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

That's the impression they like to give and the opinion customers like to have. In reality partying every night soon gets old and being pawned by drunks is not something any of them like. Most actually despise the customers and many have to be drunk or high to face going out of the bar with them.

But it works both ways cos not all of the bar girls are pretty but even the uglier ones get beautiful when you have sunk a few beers .

A friend in Pattaya tells me , most of the girls only want a quickie / short time and not interested in long time , your on the clock , so to speak . Plus only one act allowed . 

11 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

That's the impression they like to give and the opinion customers like to have. In reality partying every night soon gets old and being pawned by drunks is not something any of them like. Most actually despise the customers and many have to be drunk or high to face going out of the bar with them.

Stood with a 'lively' girl I'd known for sometime, looking down on Pattaya one night......she gave every impression of being the original party girl.........she said.....you know, there is not one single girl down there who enjoys working in a bar.........

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MeHere said:

There's a *slight* difference between this very wealthy Indian guy and the hordes negotiating four for the price of one deals on Walking Street!

Sometimes a bar girl can find a diamond in the rough.  Never know one of these Indian guys might the CEO of a tech startup company in GOA?  

• Like 1