Thailand records highest daily COVID-19 deaths since January

webfact

Phuket marks 146 new COVID cases, two more deaths

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 146 new local infections confirmed across the island yesterday (Apr 15), bringing the total number of infections recorded since Jan 1 to 49,965.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-146-new-covid-cases-two-more-deaths-83827.php

Image: PPHO

Lower the cases now... lift entry restrictions for tourists, after next week as predicted triple cases but with the maybe 12k cases for the coming days it is still only 36k so no problems... But the reality????? That is different and because I want that there are a lot of cases, but just a lot are a symptonic, and I am wondering why so afraid??? Publish than the severe cases only and we all know what is going on... but now.....everybody knows there is something not right

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am not sure that you truly understand that the case numbers are not clear and transparent and they are possibly between 5 and 10 times higher.

Spot on! Positive test results are roughly 1 out of 2, meaning tests, esp. PCR tests, are only conducted if someone seeks medical attention due to more serious symptoms.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

5 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Sigh. 

New Cases spiked at the beginning of April. The trend had been 22,000 - 24,000, and jumped up for a few days....... just a few days!......... to over 28,000

We've known for roughly 2 years that death........ if it's going to happen.......... follows infection/diagnosis by 2 to 3 weeks, on average. 

So it should surprise no one....... NO ONE!........ that we're seeing a small increase in deaths NOW........ (!!!)......... 2 weeks after New Cases surged for a few days!

What's likely, of course, is the death rate will drop back down (to the 80s and 90s) fairly quickly.......... mirroring what New Cases did two weeks ago! DUH! 

Personally, I think it would be great if the news media would explain what's going on.......... (since it's been known for a long time, already! )........ rather than sensationalizing it with shouts of "New High!" (115) and "New High!" (119) and "New High!" (125)...........all of which are qualified with the disingenuous "this year" or "since January"............

when all of them are nowhere near the "HIGH" for the pandemic, which is in the 300s! 

(And I think it would be great if ASEAN NOW followed suit, by not mirroring the news media's ridiculous and inappropriate sensationalizing!

How about ONE THREAD about deaths going up, along with an explanation as to how this was predictable..........and probably inevitable....... as a short-term consequence of the short-lived spike in New Cases from two weeks ago! How about a thread like THAT, huh? ????????????)

Cheers! 

Frankly, we can tell very little from the published figures. 

Just that up to 2-3 weeks ago infection rates were continuing to rise, as judged from increased deaths today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

To misquote Marilyn Monroe: "but that's what they do."

If that's truly how you and the ..  guy feel, then your free to move along to another OP if this does not suit your agenda.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am not sure that you truly understand that the case numbers are not clear and transparent and they are possibly between 5 and 10 times higher.

I would love to know more about the number of people that have died due to covid.  

Where do they live?

How old?

Previous or current other illnesses.

I think these are soo vague because they want to keep control.  As has been written there are large parts of the  oountry that have not be vaxed and could be the areas of the deaths.  

If the majority of these deaths are in cities like CM BKK or Pat then I would be more worried.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I would love to know more about the number of people that have died due to covid.  

Where do they live?

How old?

Previous or current other illnesses.

I think these are soo vague because they want to keep control.  As has been written there are large parts of the  oountry that have not be vaxed and could be the areas of the deaths.  

If the majority of these deaths are in cities like CM BKK or Pat then I would be more worried.

Posted nearly everyday on these threads by @TallGuyJohninBKK

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Whist I agree with your comment, I believe it is time to move on with life as this virus needs to spread through the world as other viruses have done and still do.

Covid now, in my opinion is much milder than it was in the beginning and if you look at 2021 Influenza and Pneumonia case in Thailand those figures are over 100,000 deaths in that year.

The above said, I believe that I confused my previously stated 25,700 infections in my reply as it was deaths since Covid began 2.5 years ago.

We are all going to die, that is a given, it is up to us to protect ourselves as we have done since we started roaming this planet, lock downs we know only prolongs the inevitable, the virus mutates so best to get it, surviving it is the objective and to be immune from it for once and for all, if we don't survive it, well we wouldn't have known any better because our time could be up tomorrow, bus approaching head on !!!

Sure is we have the flu or a cold, we stay home so as not to infect others, but we really can't expect others to do as we do, it's just life, selfishness is everywhere and always will be, that said, I did stock up on toilet paper ????

Why stock up, you live in Asia people only use toilet paper as napkins in restaurants?

• Haha 2