Thai Tourism Industry Hopes for More Chinese Travelers in October

webfact

38 minutes ago, poskat said:

dont blame Vichit for this nonsense. When they spun the wheel at the Tourism Council, it stopped at chinese tourists, so he was obligated to talk about them.

it could just as easily stopped at high quality or indian tourists, or digital nomads, and he would have been talking about them as the impending solution to thailand's tourism woes.

Whatever happened to the 7 Chinese billionaires on their private jets  that would have came and spent the equivalent of 20 000 000 dirty covid infested farngs, rescuing Thailand's tourism?

3 hours ago, FalangKino said:

I don't think the Chinese can even leave their country right now.

Not in large numbers but one flight today from China into Phnom Penh (China Southern Airlines):-

2022-04-19 10:20
CZ 8313
GUANGZHOU (CAN)
CZ_small_1.gif
CZ_small_1.gif
CZ_small_1.gif
CZ_small_1.gif
CZ_small_1.gif

ARRIVED10:08

https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/flight/information-arrivals-and-departures

• Like 1

Thai Tourism Industry Hopes for More Chinese Travelers in October

A dream of the Thai tourism industry with no background of reality.

1. The Cinese have still problems to fight the Covid by their own Chinese medication Sinovac. That has a low quality, about 10% of the Pfizer/Biontech. Now they recognize this mistake relying on their own vaccine. But changing this habit is a little bit too late and more expensive.

2. Xi, the new emperor, does his best that the people of his homecountry stay isolated. Meeting people from other countries i.e, during their holiday in Thailand or elsewhere, will open their minds and eyes. A danger for him and the party. They fear  the influence of freedom.

3. I'm not sure, but think I've read that even Chineses have to quarantane after returning. Much, much longer than in other countries. 3 weeks? Another giant hurdle for the Chinese tourists without earning any Yuan during this 3-week time.

4. The economy will not return to the old days of 2019 and before. That's a reason not to spend some hard earned money on holidays in Thailand or other countries.

Edited by puck2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

Vichit Prakobgosol, vice president of the Tourism Council of Thailand, seems to have zero understanding of what is happening in China.

He learned nothing in the past 2 years. He watched too much CCTV/CGTV/Xinhua propaganda. I wait new headline of TAT begging for Chinese tourist for Chinese New Year 2023 by September...Of course there will be multiple cries for tourists from India, Saudi Arabia and Iran in between. 

• Like 1