Thailand (Still) Plans to Declare Covid-19 as Endemic by July

webfact

1 hour ago, condobrit001 said:

These buffoons can say what they please, but the fact is that the only body authorized to declare a pandemic "endemic" is the WHO, not a bunch of corrupt, inept soldiers.

Guess Thailand (CCSA) will follow the guidelines of WHO. And then all kinds of Westerners come and yell out " We don't want Bill Gates' NWO, and we don't want a reset. We want more handouts from our nanny states" 

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

...whilst we are crystal ball glazing...i will predict it will be another 2 years before this virus becomes endemic, which means one case per one hundred thousand persons. So people hurry up and get Vaccinated.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

I seriously fear for Thailand if they ever have a war with these incompetents in charge - good job they only harass the populace and have a job ensuing the tourists only ever dribble in to their fantastic tourism wonderland that has been devastated by their continuing madness 

Medically they're doing quite well compared to some Western countries. And only medicine (not tourism) is Anutin's domain. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

BANGKOK, April 18 – The Ministry of Public Health will not declare COVID-19 an endemic disease on July 1, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

image.jpeg.133ac19772e990da4aa8e8ff00ac1e74.jpeg

Jeez, the "flash to bang" time between flip and flop is getting ridiculous. It's only been 24 hours since I read on here A-Nut_In had said Covid WOULDN'T be declared endemic on July 1st. Someone really needs to take a close clook at the internal telephone system in the government offices coz there's a lot of people missing out on the group chats where they make these decisions. Having said that, this could all be a "Baldrick" by A-Nut-In, say the endemic status won't happen, then wait for announcement of a GE and spring back in with "I'm declaring Covid endemic!!" days before they go to the voting booths. He's not going to be happy with Pitayowonganon!

44 minutes ago, Caldera said:

They're now flip-flopping on a daily basis, that must be a new record.

Anyway, the virus still doesn't care what it's being declared (or not). It's making its rounds all over Thailand. Endemic?

Guess they're waiting for the post - Songkran incubation period to end. 

1 hour ago, Molly Malone said:

I thought I read the Gov declared covid an endemic months ago?  Hmm

Anyhow, what about Thailand recognizing the WORLD WIDE HUNDREDS OF SCIENTIFIC REPORTS that have ALL declared masks to be "useless" against Covid, which thank GOD and Lord Buddha is now 

effectively the virtual equivalent of the flu. 

And yes I know there are still deaths, BUT if someone is old or in very poor health, obese, a smoker, etc, etc than they are susceptible to dying from the common cold/diabetes'/high blood pressure, etc.

Thailand drop the mask mandate!! Let people decide for themselves! The PM said months ago there was no lawful requirement for masks to be worn.

I will "always" wear a mask in traffic on my bike, because it blocks "some" of the exhaust fumes! But in MBK/Central World/7/11s etc it's a NONSENSE !!! And hey the USA has just dropped all mask mandates,

so do what you always do, and copy them! 

Your post is slightly off topic but never the less is valid and I would like to say that regarding the wearing of masks , the majority of cheap medical masks do nothing to protect the wearer . When you see mask wearers they think they are protecting themselves , naively . Often the masks have been used multiple times and probably harbour bacteria . The virus is airborne and can enter your body not only via nose and mouth but also your ears and eyes , besides settling in your hair and clothes . The entry level of masks for your personal protection is the N95 if fitted correctly . Not comfortable to wear for long periods and should be changed several times a day .    

• Like 1