Electric Vehicles in Thailand

On 9/10/2024 at 5:53 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

What kind of Mickey Mouse EV is this?

JY AIR? 

A quick Google search point me to the latest 30,000 BTU Mitsubishi aircon.

Is it held together with Scotch tape?

Why the Latin letters on the license plate?

20240910_164722.jpg

QC is not Quality Control, which for obvious reason would have been an oxymoron anyway. 

QC is a plate to travel out of Thailand like Burma 🇲🇲, Laos 🇱🇦, Cambodia 🇰🇭 and China 🇨🇳.

Malaysia is the exception, where a  sticker is allowed for travel time up to 60 days. 

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

QC is not Quality Control, which for obvious reason would have been an oxymoron anyway. 

QC is a plate to travel out of Thailand like Burma 🇲🇲, Laos 🇱🇦, Cambodia 🇰🇭 and China 🇨🇳.

Malaysia is the exception, where a  sticker is allowed for travel time up to 60 days. 

Apparently the brand launched its first BEV in 2015. In 2023 JuneYao Group took majority control. They also own an airline since 2006 (Juneyao Air).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Gawd - if this ever comes to pass, we will lose several longtime friends of the oil lobby to hyperventilation beyond redlining into an early grave............lol

But don't fret for now, happy living goes on for the losers/defenders of the status quo for a couple more years, who knows..... I could imagine some parts of the worlds it is much later, some sooner, so just get ready and pack your bags and live a nomadic life on fossil burning pastures.

458753345_919596166852701_8067384546036658241_n.jpg

In 2023 EV+HPEV had a 18% (almost 1:5) market share, but then I July 2024 it dropped to 1:7 according to the cherry 🍒 farmer.

I love it when you guys provide solid data for the failure of EVs. Thanks 😊

Screenshot_20240914_214011_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

And global sales are increasing month on month.

While we all appreciate the entertainment of you trying to spin some new EV propaganda,  it is absolute hilarious that @Bandersnatch came clean and informed us of the falling market share for EVs in July 2024. 

Priceless entertainment 👌 🤣 😆 😂

15 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I know cherry 🍒 picking is in your DNA, but we are talking global sales here.

Why ?

EVs in TH  ... feel free to add some substance to the topic at any time :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I fully support and believe that electric vehicles (EVs) will significantly improve air quality, especially in congested areas like Bangkok. However, based on numerous reports from global media, I have concerns about the safety of EV battery packs.

It has been reported that in major cities across China, hotels and other buildings have banned electric vehicles from entering underground garages due to the risk of battery fires and the challenges of firefighting in such confined spaces.

This issue with EV battery safety seems to be under-reported in the Thai media. It's possible that condo owners who don’t drive EVs may start to raise concerns about parking EVs near their ICE vehicles. Of course, this is less of an issue for those who park their EVs on their own premises.

Some posters may dismiss these concerns as FUD, but I’m not entirely convinced that the risks should be overlooked.

For the record, my next car will be an EV, charged by solar power. However, I plan to take additional safety precautions, such as parking it at a safe distance from my house.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Simply reacting to your repetitive silly posts of (false) declining EV sales.  Open your eyes, as I see more and more BEVs every day on the roads and in the parking lots, here in TH.

When O&A, I'm not longer the only at the CSs any more.   Take the blinders off.  You really don't need stats to see the truth.  

Do numbers fluctuate month to month, with economics, yes, but YOY numbers, seem to be up every year.  Proved numerous times, and simply ignored by you.

For Thailand BEV sales

From February 1st 2023 to 31st July 2023 33.844 EV's were registered 

From February 1st 2024 to 31st July 2024  29,758 EV's were registered

33,844 -12.07% = 29,759 so YOY are down by 12.07%

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

You got EV propaganda posting stutter or is the broken record your new image now?

EVs had an OK'ish H1, but the downfall started in July. Global popcorn 🍿 sales 😋 will should be doing well.

59 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

For Thailand BEV sales

From February 1st 2023 to 31st July 2023 33.844 EV's were registered 

From February 1st 2024 to 31st July 2024  29,758 EV's were registered

33,844 -12.07% = 29,759 so YOY are down by 12.07%

As I stated, they fluctuate ... I'll wait till YOY #s in Jan 2024.   Especially since 2023 was a big year for sales.  Now with price cuts, people are being a bit slower buying.   

If the numbers only increase a bit, or stay level, that's stating a lot, especially since ICEV #s are dropping & losing market share.  ...   I think, again, talk to me in Jan 2025

Legacy auto makers slowing production, even closing and or consolidating factories.  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As I stated, they fluctuate ... I'll wait till YOY #s in Jan 2024.   Especially since 2023 was a big year for sales.  Now with price cuts, people are being a bit slower buying.   

If the numbers only increase a bit, or stay level, that's stating a lot, especially since ICEV #s are dropping & losing market share.  ...   I think, again, talk to me in Jan 2025

Legacy auto makers slowing production, even closing and or consolidating factories.  

PHEV are starting to dominate the "EV" sales numbers, which is funny 😁 since just a year ago nobody would consider a PHEV as an EV.

1,345,205 global EV sales in July.

July 2024 saw passenger car and light duty vehicle sales decrease by 6% month-on-month to 1.35 million units. This decrease was driven by the EU & EFTA & UK, which experienced a 28% decline. Ireland was the only country in the EU & EFTA & UK region to experience a month-on-month increase in EV sales with the release of new registration plates in July encouraging the purchase of new vehicles.

GWegzSbXIAIk1Qe.jpeg

17 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

PHEV are starting to dominate the "EV" sales numbers, which is funny 😁 since just a year ago nobody would consider a PHEV as an EV.

This decrease was driven by the EU & EFTA & UK, which experienced a 28% decline. Ireland was the only country in the EU & EFTA & UK region to experience a month-on-month increase in EV sales with the release of new registration plates in July encouraging the purchase of new vehicles.

GWegzSbXIAIk1Qe.jpeg

Really ... and who would that be.   

If you can do all your local driving, and exploring on the battery of a PHEV, I'd consider that an EV.  If I had one, unless going O&A, non locally, I'd never need the ICE part, as everything needed is within 5 kms of house, and a radius of 35-50 kms would meet any thing else wanted.   And I live in Nakhon Nowhere compared to urban living.

Not so sure I'd consider the HEVs an EV, with their 1-3kWh battery.  

EVs in TH ... TH not even on you graph .. 🙄

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1