Thailand further eases entry restrictions for international travellers

webfact

12 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Way to see the negative in a positive thing, the perfect TVF response!!  

So you think they should not relax the restrictions just so those people who are arriving in the next 7-8 days don't feel bad?  

Well, duh!  YES, if only they knew what common sense meant.  Bus, as any scammer would do, they don't care about people who fell into the trap.  Now, they need new suckers...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OJAS said:

On the contrary, it could, I think, still prove problematical and very difficult for those who are not whizzo IT geeks in particular if Thailand Pass is still going to insist on uploads being submitted in the JPEG format - and suitably cropped to the nearest millimetre to boot in the case of passport photopages & vaccination QR codes! What on earth good reason is there for the system not to allow documents to be uploaded uncropped in the PDF format in which most of them are provided (or scanned) in the first place?????

I recently completed the Aussie version of Thailand Pass. You need to upload pretty much the same documents. I am a computer dummy, it took no more than 5 minutes and confirmation was instant.

14 hours ago, anchadian said:

Furthermore, insurance has been reduced to $10,000.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1517387086646898689

Please explain?

Does that $10K apply to the 1 year Covid/Health Insurance required for the Non Imm O-A Visa?  I'm about to get some Covid/Health Ins. with a Thai Ins. Company.

Should I wait?

7 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

My wife arrived on the 27th Feb(5 day test changed 1st March) - the hotel she was booked with refused to refund the day 5 hotel and PCR test costs. One of the main hotels when you go to the official website.

BTW - the government explicitly stated that hotels did NOT have to refund those payments for hotels and PCR tests. Some did, some didn't.

I know that but most have refunded this money. I doubt this is an international chain. Or her negotiating skills are weak. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If they drop the I surance for tourists then they sure as gell better drop the requirement for us here on extensions of stay based on OA for retirement.

Or at least lower requirement back to where it was at 400,000/40,000 b instead of $100,000 !  I would love to see stats on where the hospital losses were coming from prior to the pandemic….seriously doubt retirees account for a large amount of the losses.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chivas said:

I've screenshotted my earlier post rather than quoting as to do so will not show the Emoji

Does anyone fancy telling me why 3 people (so far lol) would be "confused" ! ????

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 11-08-38 Thailand further eases entry restrictions for international travellers.png

Thailand pass is permanent in some form. Travel Insurance has been talked about for years. Now it Insurance is a reality.  Your post is concise don't worry about people who mark confused. You can explain it to them you can't understand it for them. Queue the next set of dullards

Many countries have been implementing some kind of online registration to validate travel document requirements. They do it in seconds not days like Thailand Pass, and most countries do not immediately compromise users personal details through hacks and leaks.

So....all this being said, we might expect the easing of restrictions to be rife with the same revised glitches and the usual understanding that many circles of the minor authority circles might not be on the same page forthcoming? 

What's changed, really?

44 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

So....all this being said, we might expect the easing of restrictions to be rife with the same revised glitches and the usual understanding that many circles of the minor authority circles might not be on the same page forthcoming? 

What's changed, really?

The game.

That's what has happened - this is a genuine game changer because it has removed the final barrier for people wishing to travel to Thailand.

Step in the right direction, but I'm not making plans to return until they get rid of the Thailand pass system and the added covid insurance. Insurance co's in Canada won't be bothered with a policy for only $10,000 usd coverage when they can charge you a grand or more for $3 to $5 million in comprehensive coverage. And, Thailand can deal with your vaccine history when you apply for your visa for anyone coming for more than 30 days. I suspect the Thailand pass system is more for central control so they can continue to cut back on embassy and consulate staff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tingtong said:

Waiting for the 2 remaining parts to address:

1. What is the use of an insurance policy that stopped to cover asymptomatic covid patience, so you are really on your own with your private hospital bill 

2. Zero talk about this silly mask wearing everywhere policy; to ease  least outdoors

1. If you are asymptomatic and don't need to test, you're probably:

a) going to know or need to report.

b) going to need insurance for hospital.

2. Masks reduce the possibility of infection or transmission to "negligible" levels. Authoritive reference previously posted in this forum.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The hordes will be coming.  Just wait as demand increases prices on everything will go up.

Already seeing changes more people and traffic in Pattaya India tour buses and the like.

I'm one of them. I was just waiting for my 4th shot, due next week, and for the test and go system to be scrapped. This time next month I'll be there mixing with the Thais and  Indians. ????

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

. Myself and many, many friends and their children are unvaccinated, we have all had Omicron, mainly caught from the kids bringing it home from school, all off us breezed through it, the kids hardly a snivel and no one is sick or reinfected. 

However the worst affected was my Thai wife and my friends Thai wife, both forced to be fully vaxxed with 2 doses of Pfizer or loose their jobs, both of them spent over a week in bed while the rest of us hardly a snivel. 

I told my Dr this she was not surprised, she said she was concerned about myocarditis in children at present. 

Still at it I see.  Enjoy. Having Omicron and being unvaccinated does not give you much immunity going forward according to be studies. Your next bout might be not what you want.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-infection-induces-limited-immune-response-unvaccinated-covid-hospital-2022-04-18/&ved=2ahUKEwit2rq0gan3AhWlzjgGHV7rCAgQFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2Lz0X47EBMemlijpt3xjW6

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Everything has changed. The announcement is a total game changer. NO PCR or ATK tests, no test and go hotels, no sandbox, just proof of vaccination and insurance documents. 

Anybody who cannot see this doesn't walk upright and function correctly.

How easy does it need to be?

You forgot the unvaccinated still must quarantine for 5 days according to the initial info.

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

How about the THai Social Security insurance for health??? Need an extra insurance too??

I don't think so they accepted it for the larger amounts of insurance so I can't see why they wouldn't accept it for the $10,000 that they require now

13 hours ago, kennw said:

How do you show for Thai pass 2 jabs here (AZ) one overseas (Pfizer) 4th jab here (Pfizer) only the first 2 show up on Mor Prom app.

I had to do the international certificate on Mor Phrom to get my 3rd jab in Thailand to show up on the certificate.

As for your overseas jab, yes you may well have a problem providing something they accept, but wouldn't really matter in your case.

When I returned last Sept I had one jab in Thailand and one in UK and my application as vaccinated was rejected and had to travel as unvaccinated.

However on entry at the airport I showed the info I had to the disease control officer and was stamped in as vaccinated.

13 hours ago, CosmicSurfer said:

I'm travelling in Mid-May, and already Pre-Paid my Sha+ Hotel, Car and PCR test... Will they be giving refunds???  OR TIT !!!

I think you have tits on the brain, refunds will come from where the booking was made.

Back in October my quarantine was reduced from 15 days to 7 days, I had extreme difficulty getting a full refund back from Agoda, an American owned company.

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

When the government change their policy with 10 days notice I don’t want the hassle of chasing refunds - Agoda has always been very good about this. 

No they are not, I had to do a chargeback to get the refund when my quarantine was reduced.