Eight years on: Thai PM in jocular mood - he's fed up with "work, work, work"

webfact

3 hours ago, puck2 said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

,,,, yes, the Thai people and the farangs will remember corruption, his hesitation fighting the Covid, his militäray governing style with no respect for different oppinons, his hastily flight to China for "good miliitary" advices, thanked by ordering the Chiese submarines.

And all his actions acommpanied by CORRUPTION !!! This is very obvious when you look back at the crazy test & Go scheme, the Thai pass etc. People with some brain recognise that all these overpriced schemes have been full of corruption, accompanied by higher than normal prizes. Guess where the money went to? To people now billionares with a "low" monthly salary of +200.000 THB or less.

And most important, you forget every time that he  has got his job by a coup, a criminal action. He should stay in prison in a normal democracy.

All understood but we are in a Country ruled by Gangsters in the cause of Gangsters.    Never kid yourself that Thailand will ever be a 'normal' Democracy or that normal Democratic rules will apply; it's never going to happen !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wish him a peaceful retirement.

He did a good job removing the violent red mob and the corrupt Shinawatras. Thank you.

I hope Thai people will in the future think twice who they vote for. Some competent and honest politicians would be a good idea.

QUOTE: "I hope Thai people will in the future think twice who they vote for. Some competent and honest politicians would be a good idea."

Couldn't agree more but I suspect / I'll bet, that the next elections will be 'more of the same'.

Sad...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Let the nation move forward from the Jurassic era. 

The Jurassic Period (part of the Mesozoic Era)   was very pleasant.  Nice warm seas with some coral reefs in Changwat Tak.  No politicians, no army. Everything must have been blissful - and no tourists around either !

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

All understood but we are in a Country ruled by Gangsters in the cause of Gangsters.    Never kid yourself that Thailand will ever be a 'normal' Democracy or that normal Democratic rules will apply; it's never going to happen !

Why? Because of the military junta! They don't want to lose their power and .... hm.... money!

• Like 2

Regardless of who is less corupt than the Other

Remember sadly P or any other lost cause is only in power because he is allowed to be by the army and forces sadly beyond Reproach that really are in power.

We can only hope for change when that problem is gone

• Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

"I can't sleep through worry and if I do I wake up in the night it's to worry some more".

Many men of his age wake up at night to pee-pee.

If he is smart he will retire outside the country; as they say, "payback is a b*tch."

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

Many men of his age wake up at night to pee-pee.

If he is smart he will retire outside the country; as they say, "payback is a b*tch."

Why not wait for any court cases coming up and looking at the evidence?

With Thaksin there was/is plenty of evidence and he was already convicted a couple of times and many other court cases are still ongoing.

Where are the court cases against Prayut? I would love to hear about evidence against him. And I mean it. If there is evidence then show it and prosecute him.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

As opposed to the millions he has made destitute and poorer, homeless and jobless due to his willful destruction of the Thai tourism economy.

That's a lie though isn't it? millions? and that hasn't happened to most countries around the world. The unemployment rate has risen a percent or two which with a workforce of 40million would be max 800 000 and even then that would not take into account how many started their own small family businesses like making food for delivery or becoming delivery men since eCommerce boomed with the stay at home stuff.

The misinformation which is thrown about this forum is unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why not wait for any court cases coming up and looking at the evidence?

With Thaksin there was/is plenty of evidence and he was already convicted a couple of times and many other court cases are still ongoing.

Where are the court cases against Prayut? I would love to hear about evidence against him. And I mean it. If there is evidence then show it and prosecute him.

wow, someone who actually knows what they are talking about. ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where are the court cases [ . . . ]? I would love to hear about evidence against him. And I mean it. If there is evidence then show it and prosecute him.

My guess is it may have something to do with people not wanting to wake up to find the severed head of one of their pets in their bed.  :whistling:

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wish him a peaceful retirement.

He did a good job removing the violent red mob and the corrupt Shinawatras. Thank you.

I hope Thai people will in the future think twice who they vote for. Some competent and honest politicians would be a good idea.

Honest politicians??????????????

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Honest politicians??????????????

I think they exist.

And if more people would insist that corrupt politicians will be removed and prosecuted then I am sure there would be more honest politicians.

In Thailand people vote again and again for corrupt and incompetent politicians. How can they expect to have a competent and honest government? It shouldn't be that difficult to understand this.

• Like 2