Pattaya police resolve to fix traffic problems in Soi Buakhao

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

1. An increasing amount of tourists and foot traffic, especially around the Tree Town market area. This includes intoxicated locals and tourists using the street to walk late at night.

Can't think what the attraction might be?

Only time I go there is about 10am in the morning with the family for daughters injections or walk down to the SF cinema. Lovely and quiet then, just a few bowlegged women walking home after a hard nights work. 

Only yourself to blame if you go when its busy. Like moaning about the city rush hour traffic !

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nonsense, beyond any action that can possibly be made. (Other than removing traffic altogether). Traffic lights at Hellfire crossing, what a fanciful idea, traffic would back up to the R-Con corner and Buakhao market. One problem I see is people parking in the road to go into a 7-11..... in a way it is amusing. 

Remove the ladies... the road would be empty in seconds

• Haha 1

SME's (the two legged little factories) are busy at work. 

Interesting also is the statement "As restrictions for entry of international visitors ease from May 1st, residents have increased their complaints and concerns that the area could become a major traffic jam." A pre-emptive racist comment towards those millions and millions of tourists who all want to roam on Soi Buakhao? Lets wait and see - the resurrection of Walking Street? ???? 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Main problem i see is when deliveries happen, so no deliveries after say 10am + no stopping

I agree with this.....Deliveries  cause lots of problems.......Also put a traffic light on Soi Diana......

For all you baht bus haters.....They only stop for a few seconds for a pick up or drop off....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ICQ2 said:

I think it's better to make the traffic in soi buakhao ONE WAY from Pattaya klang to Pattaya Tai since Second road is in he opposite direction.

Been saying that for years. THIS IS THAILAND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nothing ever happens to change for the better!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:
3 hours ago, nightfox said:

And where do these locals that complain want people to walk when there's no sidewalk infrastructure?

On water...

of course not, they should bring their cars and park as close to their destinations as possible so they don't have to walk far

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

I think thats just Soi Bhukows draw.

It's fun and full of life.

You don't want it to look like the Prime Ministers blunderous Khaosan Rd. Makeover.

Always complaining:

Not enough tourists and traffic.

Too much Tourists and traffic.

They would like nothing more than to give Soi Bukow a Khaosan road style makeover .......And it already would have happened but.......

There simply is not enough room on Soi Bukow for a makeover.....The whole Soi would have to  knocked down and rebuilt again from the ground up to make in a nice sterilized soulless place like Khaosan.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I agree with this.....Deliveries  cause lots of problems.......Also put a traffic light on Soi Diana......

For all you baht bus haters.....They only stop for a few seconds for a pick up or drop off....

Soi Buakhao, simple fix - no private vehicles at all allowed.  Delivery vehicles allowed before 7pm only.  Everyone who has to drive there parks on side road areas on 2nd road or 3rd road sides and walks to the bars and restaurants.  

Songthaews only after 7pm and all motorcycle mafia guys stay on side streets as well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

locals have complained for over a year.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This includes intoxicated locals

One and the same? I agree with Jacko45 that traffic lights at the Soi Diana junction would make things worse. People muddle their way through it okay. Any measures that increase traffic speeds would make it more unsafe for pedestrians. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Nonsense, beyond any action that can possibly be made. (Other than removing traffic altogether). Traffic lights at Hellfire crossing, what a fanciful idea, traffic would back up to the R-Con corner and Buakhao market. One problem I see is people parking in the road to go into a 7-11..... in a way it is amusing. 

Most of the motor bikes / cars parked outside of shops etc belong to the people working in them and thus give no parking for customers . That is typical throughout Thailand . On the other hand , you get shop owners who think they own the road outside of their shops and put obstacles on the road to stop anyone parking there . Away from Asia ,often  businesses have to show parking facilities in order to get permission to open their business but TIT . 

• Like 1