BTS Asks Passengers Not to Sit with Their Legs Crossed

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thapakorn Meesa-ad, chief of BTS's Mo Chit station, said that the company made the request for cooperation because the passengers who sat with their legs crossed proved to block others' ways and their feet touched standing passengers.

As mother always said, feet firmly on the floor and knees together.

12 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Next time on the BTS I shall wear a kilt and spread my legs to benefit form the aircon.

Please don't do that.
You want everyone to have a massive laugh?

Thai men will suddenly think they are extremely well build.

One thing to note is that this request is probably from a "Buddhist" perspective, and less to do with encroachment of space.

The foot is considered the dirtiest part of the body and people don't want to accidentally brush against it.

So from that perspective, it is complete BS - they are probably disguising the actual motive under the pretext of "blocking the way"

Edited by varun
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Does that mean up-skirt photography isn't banned also then?

To take an upskirt photo involving a sitting woman (or man) would require the 'photographer' to be down at floor level. And what can be seen on such photos......nothing!

1 hour ago, varun said:

One thing to note is that this request is probably from a "Buddhist" perspective, and less to do with encroachment of space.

The foot is considered the dirtiest part of the body and people don't want to accidentally brush against it.

So from that perspective, it is complete BS - they are probably disguising the actual motive under the pretext of "blocking the way"

No way is my foot the dirtiest part of my body !

Specially during rush hour, there is an increased risk for "women sitting with crossed legs being  vulnerable to upskirt photography" - really? 

Why don't you get the esteemed passengers to move away from the doors inside the carriage - as a start - as well as ensuring immediate addition to rolling stock. Still better than submarines without  engines or F-35 fighters, latter cannot accommodate the overflow of Bangkok's BTS. 

What a joke! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

A free country???? Run by soldiers???? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Indeed.... 17 years ago in the University they told us that...... Nowadays nothing of freedom anymore... as someone wrote it is being asked not to do, which now means it is forbidden...  as that is the same 

• Thanks 1

Do you think they have meetings to come up with these "announcements" and that there's always that one sketchy guy who at the end always wants to add something about "up-skirt photography"... because he just then thought about it.....

• Sad 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:26 PM, Sydebolle said:

Specially during rush hour, there is an increased risk for "women sitting with crossed legs being  vulnerable to upskirt photography" - really? 

Why don't you get the esteemed passengers to move away from the doors inside the carriage - as a start - as well as ensuring immediate addition to rolling stock. Still better than submarines without  engines or F-35 fighters, latter cannot accommodate the overflow of Bangkok's BTS. 

What a joke! 

Just as I thought I would get through the comments on a single post without anyone coming up with some desperately contrived way to bring submarines in to it..........and there you are.  

P.S.  You forgot "dirty farangs" and "brown envelopes".  You really must try harder if you want more likes from your fellow cliche posters..