Bangkok Bank Online 12 Month Bank Statement

Went to my Bangkok Bank branch in Ubon Ratchathani yesterday to order my 12 month statement for my Retirement Extension next week and they informed me that these are now available online using their Bualuang mBanking App. Whereas the statement ordered through the branch takes about a week to receive, the one ordered on the app is available to print off in minutes. Maybe this has been available on the app for sometime but I was not aware of the fact.

Does anyone have any experience of using an online print off for retirement and whether Immigration accept them? I still ordered my 12 month statement through the bank but will also take along an online print off next week to see if they accept it.

• Thanks 1

I just wonder how "official" it might be without garuda stamps and signatures?

In the Play Store app description I see this

WHAT'S NEW
New features
• Request statement for both Thai baht and FCD savings accounts

as part of a recent update v. 3.16.1 on 22 April 2022

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbl.mobilebanking&hl=en_US&gl=GB

Go into the account

press the three dots

Request Account statement

enter the statement period

You can request a statement history you to the past 12 months

I did not complete this activity so unsure on the resulting product and/or any fees.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My guess that it would be a "no go" with immigration office.

Agree, though it would probably be accepted if you can persuade your branch to stamp and sign the statement.

I have the bangkok bank app too but i think the online statements are only for 6 months. Kasikorn app is only for 6 months.

Also as mentioned in other comments without any stamp or likewise i think its a no with immigration. I wouldnt accept that..

Is this requirement specific to only some immigration offices ?  When I did my extension in Chiang Rai, The passbook itself and a photocopy of the last 12 mths of the passbook was all that was needed (and a letter from the bank confirming the balance on that day)

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sophon said:

Agree, though it would probably be accepted if you can persuade your branch to stamp and sign the statement.

They won't do that , they will only stamp and sign copies they

do themselves in the bank, 

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

They won't do that , they will only stamp and sign copies they

do themselves in the bank, 

regards Worgeordie

Like always there is not one policy that all branches follow, the branch manager has wide authority to set his/her own rules. Most branches probably won't stamp and sign an online statement, but I have no doubt that there are some that can be persuaded, especially if you are seen as a valuable customer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Is this requirement specific to only some immigration offices ?  When I did my extension in Chiang Rai, The passbook itself and a photocopy of the last 12 mths of the passbook was all that was needed (and a letter from the bank confirming the balance on that day)

Were you proving your monthly income or maintaining 800/400k in the bank for the past year?

If income I think all offices want a bank statement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

I have the bangkok bank app too but i think the online statements are only for 6 months. Kasikorn app is only for 6 months.

Also as mentioned in other comments without any stamp or likewise i think its a no with immigration. I wouldnt accept that..

The Bangkok Bank app will allow a statement request for 12 months, I’ve just got June 2021 to May 2022, however it will not produce anything before June 2021, it is not in colour so it’s unlikely to be accepted by immigration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My guess that it would be a "no go" with immigration office.

My 12 month bank statement issued by BKB that I used in March didn't have any stamps or signatures on it. I was a little concerned that they may not accept it so I attached the receipt I got when I requested it. It was accepted with no questions asked. 

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I just wonder how "official" it might be without garuda stamps and signatures?

In the Play Store app description I see this

WHAT'S NEW
New features
• Request statement for both Thai baht and FCD savings accounts

as part of a recent update v. 3.16.1 on 22 April 2022

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbl.mobilebanking&hl=en_US&gl=GB

Go into the account

press the three dots

Request Account statement

enter the statement period

You can request a statement history you to the past 12 months

I did not complete this activity so unsure on the resulting product and/or any fees.

I did this after reading, and NOTHING. No email.

12 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The Bangkok Bank app will allow a statement request for 12 months, I’ve just got June 2021 to May 2022, however it will not produce anything before June 2021, it is not in colour so it’s unlikely to be accepted by immigration.

I download a statement every month, highlight the FTT transfer. Hope the IO will accept them in December.

I shall go to the bank and get a 6 month one next month, and one again in December just to be safe.

4 hours ago, Sophon said:

Asked my Bkk Bank to do this last year, but they will only stamp things which THEY have produced.

Sorry Worgeordie,you said this earlier. 

Edited by KannikaP

15 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

My 12 month bank statement issued by BKB that I used in March didn't have any stamps or signatures on it

"......issued by BKB...."

This is what OP asked...

"Does anyone have any experience of using an online print off for retirement and whether Immigration accept them"

29 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

My 12 month bank statement issued by BKB that I used in March didn't have any stamps or signatures on it. I was a little concerned that they may not accept it so I attached the receipt I got when I requested it. It was accepted with no questions asked. 

If you give them the originals if fairly easy to see they were produced by Bangkok Bank since they are printed on a tractor feed printer. No questions asked about them for the past 3 extension using them.

Hi All , just reading this post , my Bangkok branch is in Patong Phuket. In February I ordered a 12 month bank statement to prove 12 International monthly transfers. When I went to collect the statement a week later the bank for some reason would not sign or stamp it. I protested about this informing the staff that Immigration was unlikely to accept it without a Bangkok Bank stamp. They still refused to stamp or sign it saying it was an official statement and therefore no need. I left rather frustrated about this as previously for the past 13 years I had obtained my retirement extension based on 800,000 in the Krungsri bank and they always stamped and signed there statements.

Anyway immigration did not query the unsigned and unstamped 12 month statement later that day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamesH said:

the one ordered on the app is available to print off in minutes. Maybe this has been available on the app for sometime but I was not aware of the fact.

But it did not work for me earlier today. No email, nothing.

On the other hand, if you know you will need the 12 month statement on say 10th December, order it on 1st!

Been on the new Bkk Bank App site, which says 'Make an international funds transfer via SWIFT with 17 currencies for 124 countries'. 

Anyone tried it yet?

Still no statements after ordering this morning, and a short while ago. 

Edited by KannikaP

Collect 12 mths of credit advices and hand them back to the bank for the annual cert for immigration. Tried requesting 12 MTH statement on their app and didn't receive the email

Edited by chilly07

I've been using downloaded Krungrsi statements, initially from on-line banking, but for the last 2 years from the mobile app. I support the income entries with the transaction statements from Wise.

The IOs at Sakon Nakhon have always accepted them without question.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 8:36 PM, partington said:

It isn't. This is simply an urban myth. Some do, most don't. Here are a few that haven't. Smallpox, Dengue fever, Yellow Fever, Zika, Ebola, Rabies, HIV.

It's estimated smallpox has infected humans for around 10,000 years. Before vaccination it still killed 1 in 3 people who got it.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

When I downloaded the pdf it asked for a password to open it. what password are they asking for.  bankcard? app password? thanks

I found  it, it was my birthday. lol

Edited by Rulie

5 minutes ago, Rulie said:

When I downloaded the pdf it asked for a password to open it. what password are they asking for.  bankcard? app password? thanks

It tells you what it is in the email they send with it.

"The password format is: DDMMYYYY
DD is your date of birth
MM is your month of birth
YYYY is your year of birth"

19 minutes ago, sghanchey said:

The Bangkok Bank website still says "Select a Transaction Date Range (from within the last 6 months)" I tried a 12 month date range but it only produced six months. 

At least you got SOMETHING!

When it says 'within the last six months' WHY did you try for 12?

Edited by KannikaP

12 hours ago, sghanchey said:

The Bangkok Bank website still says "Select a Transaction Date Range (from within the last 6 months)" I tried a 12 month date range but it only produced six months. 

The online banking site only allows you to print a 6 month statement.

Only the mobile banking app has the one year statement available.

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

But it did not work for me earlier today. No email, nothing.

Bangkok Bank has your current email address? Do you receive emails from them? Do you have a spam or promotions folder?

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

When it says 'within the last six months' WHY did you try for 12?

We're talking about the 

22 hours ago, JamesH said:

informed me that these are now available online using their Bualuang mBanking App

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Bangkok+Bank+PCL&hl=en_US&gl=GB

mentioned in the OP, and NOT the website.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Bangkok Bank has your current email address? Do you receive emails from them? Do you have a spam or promotions folder?

We're talking about the 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Bangkok+Bank+PCL&hl=en_US&gl=GB

mentioned in the OP, and NOT the website.

Yes, BBank has my correct email & phone and I do get emails for every transaction.

We're talking about the WHAT?  Oh, you mean the link to download the app. Had it for years.

On the website it also says that this statement service is available, but it isn't for me.

No problem, my bank is right next to Makro so can go there twice a week. Cheers

Edited by KannikaP

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

We're talking about the WHAT?  Oh, you mean the link to download the app. Had it for years.

Have you checked to see if it was updated on April 20th? If not that is why you cannot find the statement on the app.