Study rates Thailand as fourth most attractive global travel destination, with Thai massage as most popular activity

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Hua Hin are the most online searched destinations for relaxing, escaping the bustle,

Escaping the bustle. I must get out more if these places have no bustle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the 4th most attractive travel destination with Thai massage voted as the most popular activity by tourists.  

Broiling in India & shivering in UK rates above a happy ending in Thailand?  Nonsense!

• Haha 1

I guess tourists mostly come here for the massage then.  After all the other travel expenses that is an expensive massage. 
And I wonder if this is based on men.  And I wonder the type of massage. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Visa Global Travel Intentions Study has rated Thailand as the 4th most attractive travel destination with Thai massage voted as the most popular activity by tourists.

Yet another nonsensical study. I've never met a tourist who came specifically for the massages. Or do they really mean "massages"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thai massages you can get everywhere in the world... even with happy or without happy endings... and Thai cuisine yes indeed is famous  especially meatballs from Buriram by Lalisa Mango and sticky rice by Milli and some time ago the Massaman curry...

And soft power enoug available, but with the current Government we have to wait till someone does something ... The Government will not promote anything only if someone is doing it for them first.. Than they jump the bandwagon

200 baht vs $65

15 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Yet another nonsensical study. I've never met a tourist who came specifically for the massages. Or do they really mean "massages"?

Nobody goes for 1 thing

Food, beach, cheap hotel, warm weather, massage

• Like 1
  • Sad 1