Authorities to Distribute Free Cannabis Plants for Home Cultivation

webfact

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Hemp makes excellent rope. Nylon makes excellent rope. DuPont makes nylon. DuPont lobbies to get Hemp/Marajiuana classified as narcotic. If my memory serves me (and it might not) this was 1936.

First commercial use of nylon was in 1938. I think you may be thinking that hemp makes excellent cheap paper. William Randolph Hearst provided the newsprint (the paper) for the industry. Hearst lobbies to get hemp classified as a narcotic (including use of hilarious film Reefer Madness made in 1936 and constant pointing at the Mexicans to add a racist touch). All to enhance Hearst's wealth and protect his monopoly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Was thinking the same.  I'd imagine it would go pretty quick.  These freebies wouldn't have less than 2% THC....would they?

1/10 that .02%. Hemp. 

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This appears to be one of those strange urban legends that, believers believe, if repeated often enough becomes real.

This is up there with the oil companies killing the scientist who developed ---fill in the blank ---.

And they say you can't teach stoopid.

I remember reading about this at uni. It was called the Cario Conference but I can't remember the year. I think plenty of 'drugs' were deemed narcotics. Did DuPont lobby the US govt? Sure it's hard to know but it was an arguement I remember reading. Please don't call me stupid.

• Like 2

https://cfah.org/hemp-vs-marijuana/

Hemp grows up to 15 feet tall and it has long massive stacks. In addition, hemp plants can be cultivated together because they grow easily closely packed with each other. Their leaves are skinny, with the largest concentration on the top of the plant. At times, hemp can look like long ditch weed.

Marijuana, on the other hand, has broad leaves, tight buds and can look like a nugget with organs hairs. It rarely exceeds 5 feet height and grows outwards with more buds than hemp. On top of that, each marijuana plant needs to be grown separately.

https://www.cbdweb.org/medical-cannabis-guide/hemp-vs-marijuana-vs-cannabis

– Family Cannabaceae (Hemp family)
– Genus Cannabis L. (Hemp)
– Species Cannabis sativa L. (Marijuana)

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Truth.

If you are planning on growing something truly useful don't do it near a neighbor with the useless plants. It will wind pollinate and ruin yours.

I'm not saying this is part of the plan; that's way too canny for the authorities here. But the result would be the same.

BTW, rooting cuttings is not quite as easy and you imply. It takes some skill and nurturing talents. Rooting hormones can help a lot and are readily available.

I met a few on soi 6.
All former business people, big in the came.
Now they are crypto trillionaires.

FYI to all you pot smokers...I quit smoking tobacco cigarettes over a year ago. In the course of doing so, I studied up on all the massive health horrors of smoking. And guess what ??? I learned that pot smoking has many of the same health hazards as smoking tobacco. In some ways, even worse. When one typically inhales marijuana, they deeply inhale and hold it in...DEEP in their lungs to obtain the maximum high. FACT: many but not all, of the same toxic ingredients of tobacco smoke are present in marijuana smoke. Look it up for yourself before you "toke up".

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Right again, Just a thought wouldn't it be better to feed the hungry instead of getting them high as a kite?

I think it's medicinal marijuana and efforts are made to feed the hungry  but why should that impede efforts in other areas. The long term benefits to Thai society  of the decriminalisation of marijuana is potentially breath taking wealth creation, liberation, enhanced justice and the  diminution  of corruption

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Euros yes, Americans no.

As  a young Brit, I used to mix with tobacco, then I started  mixing with Americans and just smoke pure. The absolute best way is to smoke cannabis with opium rubbed into the papers (I was introduced to this by a French guy).

Absolut best? Are you aware of the danger of opium? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robert888d said:

What a  stupid dangerous idea.

People getting hooked on cannabis and later turning to harder drugs.

People driving  when doped and causing even more Road accidents. 

Even more people getting cancer.

It's all about making money for you know who.

Sad

How long time you have live in LOS?! Nobody never tell you that all truck and taxi drivers now drive whit power of yaba! So much better if they sleep some pause place and smoke weed! LOL

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2