Intoxicated female motorbike rider dies after crashing into a car

snoop1130

2156081-696x366.jpg

A 49-year-old woman was reported as deceased after crashing into a sedan and being run over by a second car while driving the wrong way overnight in Chonburi.

Yesterday, May 11th, during the early morning hours, Wutthipong Talam, Inspector at the Ban Bueng Police Station, was notified of a fatal road accident on the Nong Chak – Phanat Nikhom 349 Road in the Nong Chak Subdistrict, Ban Bueng District, Chonburi. It was reported by local residents that the accident took place at a dangerous bend with multiple fatalities previously.    

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Wanpen Udomsamut, a 49-year-old female driver, was pronounced dead at the scene with severe injuries. Her identification card indicated that she resided in the Ban Bueng District, Chonburi. Her black Isuzu motorcycle, which had been broken in half, and her phone were discovered 10 meters away from her body. 

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/12/intoxicated-female-motorbike-rider-dies-after-crashing-into-a-car-while-driving-the-wrong-way-in-chonburi-her-motorbike-cut-in-half/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

while driving the wrong way overnight

dangerous bend with multiple fatalities previously

What more can be said really....  Riding the wrong way on a dangerous bend at night... 

Her black Isuzu motorcycle

Interesting.... 

• Like 2

There were some special days on the 10th and 11th. There's a shrine next to the local market here, where a stage, tents, and chairs were set up. People were dancing, making merit, and getting totally wasted. Motorbikes parked up and down the road, upon which they simply hopped on when it was finished, leaving bottles and cans everywhere.

What is missing harsh is her friend account as to what happened.  I recently commended to Thais about some laws in the West that what I see here is troubling that bars and friends say or do very little about people getting into a vehicle drunk that a law where a bar stop serving takes the keys away and call a taxis many just looked at me expression why so serious. 

I brought up an incident years ago when my son friends came to the house for his Birthday party told them drink, eat, sleep here until you are sober to watch out for each other. My son never let his friends go home many mornings I see them sleeping. I met many of the parents they knew they were safe here.

The past few years New Year Eve we always had a party because of Covid 2020 we didn't my son best friend who always came ended up going to a party in Rayong,  morning my son was crying showed me a picture of his friend dead drunked crashed into a steel barrier on the way home to Pattaya.

At the cremation as we gave our sympathy to the mother she broke down telling my wife we always knew your husband rule and knew he was safe. 

Personally  this is what Thailand needs taking responsibility and harsh as it might seem her girlfriend how she was taught like so many Thais help contribute to her death not the bike the location her number was up her luck ran out. R. I. P. 

Edited by thailand49

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

"female intoxicated"

Despite what anyone says, it's hearsay. With the female dead at the scene with sever head injury, only a toxicity analysis can determine her level, if any, of intoxication.

Her friend following on nearby, who had been with her at the party, suggested she was. Witness not hearsay!