Airport drama!: Man injured in turbulence - airline refuses to take responsibility

webfact

Seems like a clever way to try to get somebody else to pay for his sciatica surgery.

He should at least meet them half way - spend the 150 baht on that travel insurance they always try sell you when booking a ticket ???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

Wear your seatbelt mate.

Pisses me off when sitting next to a man 100kg + taking off seat belt after take off, as the seatbelt belt is something bothering them. 

He could have been on toilet, and happened on the way to or from, but the stupidity of not wearing seat belt, can not be addressed enough times. 

• Like 2

Yeah, what can they do about turbulence?   I am actually surprised more of these planes don't go down with the severe turbulence they experience.  A miracle really,  got to hand it to the aircraft industry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nikmar said:

first thing I thought.. i should imagine with bad turbulence he would indeed be injured without his seatbelt on. Ive been through bad turbulence before and never a problem, except my nerves!!

Just be thankful he wasn't sat down in the toilet having a dump when the turbulence struck...then his problems would have definitely multiplied. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gillyflower said:

On most airlines, when there is turbulence, the sign goes up immediately to 'please fasten seat belts'.  I would think that he didn't have his belt on and above all, didn't take any notice of the sign.

Generally turbulence waits until you've been served coffee and drinks.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Not surprising in litigious Thailand, the airline was not named. 

Only two airlines fly into BKK (Suvarnabhumi) from Nahkon Sri Thammaret - Thai Smile and Thai VietJet - take your pick!!

6 hours ago, JoePai said:

Airline industry do their best to fly around any major turbulence but nature will always win

Cannot see how his had main in his lower back if he was sitting down with his seat belt fastened

Seat belt fastened? That's the question. I always fasten my seat belt when flying. Sometimes there is no warning before you hit turbulence. Much the same as in a car. You never know when you might be in a collision. 

• Like 1