Thai nurse swindled millions of baht in fraudulent flu jabs scheme, say ECD police

webfact

17 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Wow they don't mess about with minor scams here 

People getting scammed all the time here big time ????

As they are and have been for years all around the world particularly with so called investments.

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Even after 30+ years in this country I am still amazed (even a little impressed, actually) about the elaborate, pre-plotted scams these people are able to cook up when they smell money; and lots of it.

But ask them them to plan or carry out something that should be within the scope of their regular work duties (and where there is no immediate financial benefit apparent), they all too often mess up miserably. 

"These people". Dog whistle term used by racists, xenophobes,  and bigots. This isn't a scam the natives "cooked up". It follows standard successful Western textbook examples of scams, all anyone has to do is read about enough of them in the news and you can put one together. Convince a bunch of investors to cough up money with an effective sales pitch and bait, take the money and run. Ponzi scheme. Bernie Madoff. There are always going to be people tempted by the smell of money, regardless of nationality. Meanwhile as to your accusation about Thai people messing up regular work duties, I have found Thai people to be almost universally conscientious  and responsible - don't know where your unfounded prejudices and bigotry toward Thais comes from, but very likely you create your own bad experiences with your own attitude and then scapegoat/gaslight others. If a Thai person doesn't like you for good reason, what should you expect but to have your bad attitude reflected back? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

The caring profession, shining through.

How unusual for Thailand.

I'm in total shock.

Many more to follow, in the coming months

from all ranks.

Time for a reality check,  large beer Chang please.

TIT.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 8:36 AM, law ling said:

Another scam ... but you almost have to admire the scale of it.

There are 50 greedy Thais with a million to burn.

14 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I have found Thai people to be almost universally conscientious  and responsible

I think your travels have taken you beyond Lilliput to the mythical land of Issan.  Most Thais I see are lazy, slovenly and untrustworthy.  Have you never had any dealings with police?  Or shop workers in Thaiwatsadu/Makro?  Any brush with administrative staff like in banks/tesebans?

I am a very pleasant, kindly octogenarian who has suffered abuses in plenty from some of the above mentioned workers - my racism has been hard-earned.

• Haha 2

On 5/24/2022 at 7:53 AM, webfact said:

She claimed investors could make 25 baht a jab then further claimed a deal was signed with Abbot Laboratories Co Ltd. 

Money was paid out at first then dried up.

G R E E D. - They have themselves to blame for being so greedy and gullible. If she is a smart crook, she will have hidden the dosh, claiming she spent it all on expensive hand gel or whitening cream...

• Haha 1