TAT expects up to 10 million foreign tourists to visit Thailand this year

webfact

7 hours ago, welshguy said:

Another day,

Another wild guess. Surely they just pluck these numbers out of the air!

The question is?      Does anybody actually  believe/listen to these clowns?!

who cares its all bullshoot

A dream is a succession of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that usually occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. Humans spend about two hours dreaming per night, and each dream lasts around 5 to 20 minutes, although the dreamer may perceive the dream as being much longer than this.

so do these figures represent the above ????

Why doesn't an investigative reporter be tasked to interview 'whoever' at TAT and ask on what basis they made their prediction?

Statistically, TAT must (surely) be working with a time-tested formula for predicting:

• the financial effect Covid has had on foreign economies;
  • the financial effect Covid has had on foreigners;
  • the situation in the Ukraine and the resultant economic spread to foreign countries;
  • high cost of air travel; 
  • the cost of Covid insurance; [one can accept that TAT know this will be abolished on a near-future date]
  • entry restrictions; [one can accept that TAT know these will be abolished on a near-future date]
  • uncertainty on Thai tourist venues being open.

Just wondering how they make their prediction!

[I wonder who, in Government, believe this nonsense, who it is aimed at, and allow TAT to be run by incompetents!]

• Like 2

Time to stop your Joke news … Anutin is scaremongering and the entertainment ban is destroying the country … Thailand is becoming the joke of the globe and it’s proving just how behind it is … Sad

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Like the road accident statistics this has been done to death… meaninglessly. Can we not just move onto something that doesn’t induce a coma of Groundhog Day boredom ?

Yeah like taking the ancient vehicles OFF THE STREETS, which spew mountains of BLACK TOXIC FUMES out into to the lungs of all those unlucky enough to be nearby!

Well. In an email I received, for the first time, from  Thai. News the government is still very wary and there is a long checklist which now includes monkey pox " screening". In all honesty I didn't find this very welcoming. As many have posted there are many other destinations for tourists without all this scrutiny...and of course it's summer and very pleasant in any European destination atm.

To increase tourist confidence, they think about issuing face masks at immigration, which report usage status over bluetooth and a mobile phone app to the CCSA. “Masks do not only protect against Covid, but also against breath odor”. With this new confidence building measure it is estimated to attract at least 100 million tourists.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Well. In an email I received, for the first time, from  Thai. News the government is still very wary and there is a long checklist which now includes monkey pox " screening". In all honesty I didn't find this very welcoming. As many have posted there are many other destinations for tourists without all this scrutiny...and of course it's summer and very pleasant in any European destination atm.

Your joking,they are checking for monkypox? Now i am not homophobic,my cousin is gay ,but the papers are even now puting it in the headline that its mainly a gay problem,so why check everyone? In fact i bet 99.9% of gay arrivals will not have it.

TAT expects xxx trillion tourists next week as the country has "totally" reopened from 1st June (but masks still mandatory in public places.)

What TAT expects and what TAT gets are ALWAYS poles apart!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, booking well in advance seems to be the only way around current high prices.

Covid will possibly flare up in winter as does the flu, and hopefully be nothing more to worry about.

Making predictions is what they do, likely all they do!

Price is a bit irrelevant if you cannot fly, they will have to readjust shortly for the aviation problems in the UK.

11 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

In 2025, over 8 billion are expected.   every living creature in the Universe will be within the borders.    

"In 2025, over 8 billion are expected". (By TAT of course - who else!)

52 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Get rid of the thia pas And Moore will come

You really think such a minor requirement is going to deter anyone.

Ten minutes to register and about the same to get approval, £15 for insurance, cost you more to eat at the airport.

What's the big deal.?

BTW Who is Moore?

10 hours ago, welshguy said:

Another day,

Another wild guess. Surely they just pluck these numbers out of the air!

The question is?      Does anybody actually  believe/listen to these clowns?!

"Surely they just pluck these numbers out of the air!"

And you've only just realised that? I think possibly there may be a lucky lottery ticket number hidden in their figures somewhere!

Update. URGENT

TAT now reviewed latest figures and had a look at google and found out that the Indian population is over 1 Billion.

Now, they expect that in 2022, at least 756,982.323 Indians will visit Thailand.
Mostly single males and all wearing a gold necklace.

• Haha 1

They can be lucky if they achieve 3 Million this year.

Everywhere very high inflation.
Airlines have to increase their tickets.
People are struggling to pay their increased cost of food, electricity, fuel, ...

Salary not going up.

Who is thinking about a holiday in Thailand?

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It will be a hard sell to get drunk guys kicked out of the nightlife early to put masks on. 

UK seems to have given up reporting Covid. 

It certainly does, I am in the UK now and can vouch for that, it is no different from the last time I was there about 3 years ago.

It is never mentioned in the news, or amongst anyone I have spoken to.

Edited by possum1931

If it weren't  for  this forum I wouldn't  know these figures - who reads them? Where do they  get published originally? And why do they cause so  much ire amongst  forum members? I have NEVER heard TAT figures  being discussed or causing anger in real life.

There will be pent up demand and a sudden surge, no doubt about it.  Will it be ten million?   Probably not.  Of course a lot will have to do with entry requirements too.  

Once the initial surge is complete then it will drop again.  We've seen this here and let me assure you, people get freaked out when they need to go home and need to test before getting on the plane.  What I've heard is "Im not travelling again till this is over" time and time again.