Nearly 6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6 riot--poll

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I also agree, the crowd was out for blood and there are lessons to be learnt but that does not distract or excuse their actions or those who instigated it.

I haven't excused anything. Just asked a question. Do you have the answer to it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In an interview with right-wing talk show host Wayne Allyn Root, Trump praised "great warriors" in the GOP House such as Reps. Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Jim Banks (R-IN), and bemoaned the fact that they weren't getting equal time with the House Select Committee hearings.

"Unfortunately a bad decision was made," said Trump. "This committee was a bad decision not to have representation on this committee! That was a very, very foolish decision!"

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-january-6-committee/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, charmonman said:

If he would leave the rest of us alone then fine.

If he was legally declared unqualified to run for President again then yeah, I'd be happy to see him on the ash heap of history where he belongs and forget all about him. But as things stand there is a good chance he will run again so people need to know what he did.

Trump won't leave it alone. Contributions to his campaign fund by mouthbreathers and knuckledraggers are his sole source of profitable income. His businesses are all tanking post-COVID, and he owes bigtime to the Russians and Deutsche Bank.

Sharks die if they stop moving forward, no flow of oxygen. Trump is no different, without the oxygen of a dollar flow he dies, and he knows it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 in 10 is 60%.

For comparison, somewhat higher than the popular vote where 51.3% voted for Biden vs 46.8% for Trump ( a 7M difference).

Might be the 11/6 Commission's public presentations are turning some Trump supporters away from Trump.

If prosecuted by DOJ, trial would be in Washington DC where I suspect a jury isn't going to be swayed by Trump's MAGA histrionics. Nor would the Court of Appeals.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Trump won't leave it alone. Contributions to his campaign fund by mouthbreathers and knuckledraggers are his sole source of profitable income. His businesses are all tanking post-COVID, and he owes bigtime to the Russians and Deutsche Bank.

Sharks die if they stop moving forward, no flow of oxygen. Trump is no different, without the oxygen of a dollar flow he dies, and he knows it.

I wonder if its getting to the time where the feds should confiscate his passport and belts 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I wonder if its getting to the time where the feds should confiscate his passport and confiscate his belts 

As if he would need a PP to travel.  Or if every billionaire doesn't have a few million stashed somewhere for 'emergencies' 

More than a few countries he could hop a private jet to, with no extradition w/ USA.  Or keep things tied up in court on appeals for 10 ish years.  He is 77, so I don't think he's worried about anything.

image.png.8a3f3da89ec0f82bafdf3bf00ed953a4.png

18 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

The current proceedings are for show. Democrats are shivering in their shorts about the mid term elections this November.

The hearing were started well before the Democrats had any inkling of the various woes that might lead to low poll numbers. 

Edited by placeholder

28 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As if he would need a PP to travel.  Or if every billionaire doesn't have a few million stashed somewhere for 'emergencies' 

More than a few countries he could hop a private jet to, with no extradition w/ USA.  Or keep things tied up in court on appeals for 10 ish years.  He is 77, so I don't think he's worried about anything.

Wow, he could go anywhere!

Capture.JPG

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Could we set up a fund to buy him a one way ticket to Russia?

Not sure even Putin would want that dead weight hanging about.

Maybe Kim Jong-un will take him.  I recall Trump having a torrid love affair with the guy.....555 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Let's see....

I don't think he'd want to go to one of the s**thole countries in Africa.  Ukraine is an option but probably not a good one.  China is the same along with their puppets Cambodia and Laos.  He probably wouldn't like the reception he'd get in a Muslim country who's people he banned from entering the US. 

What's left?  Russia, Belarus, Vietnam and the Stans.  Assuming they would have him.

Oh wait, I think all the Stans are Muslim.  I don't think Trump has that many options for fleeing.

Edited by heybruce
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

If only I had the moral bankruptcy to sell the 40% some concocted voodoo based on their trigger points, like Alex Jones, only smarter.

Money for nothing, it's right there, waiting to be scooped up and trousered. 

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Let's see....

I don't think he'd want to go to one of the s**thole countries in Africa.  Ukraine is an option but probably not a good one.  China is the same along with their puppets Cambodia and Laos.  He probably wouldn't like the reception he'd get in a Muslim country who's people he banned from entering the US. 

What's left?  Russia, Belarus, Vietnam and the Stans.  Assuming they would have him.

Scotland, I'm ashamed to say, were drooling at his golf empire dreams, and Ireland welcomed his sons, Monaco, Lichtenstein, there's scores of states that welcome superyachts and private jets filled with absolute human garbage with enough zeroes to their name.

Places decent regular folks wouldn't get more than a two week visa for the Formula One tournament, then be off with you! 

Even Putin has plenty of options, don't be fooled.

17 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Let's see....

Oh wait, I think all the Stans are Muslim.  I don't think Trump has that many options for fleeing.

Thanks to the global warming Trump tried so hard to assist, Moscow will soon be balmy in winter and perfect for golf. Problem solved.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The hearing were started well before the Democrats had any inkling of the various woes that might lead to low poll numbers. 

I should have written the hearings were planned well before the advent of low poll numbers.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Er- I think you would find Australia would deport him back to the US as an undesirable alien. Not the first American we have done it to.

• Like 1

It's seems the Trump team has settled on its fall guy--John Eastman.  The guy should have known.  Loyalty only goes one way when it comes to D. Trump.  It would be wise for Eastman to work out a plea deal with the DOJ.

[With the Justice Department and Jan. 6 committee taking a close look at Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, he and his cronies could certainly use a fall guy, and it looks like they’ve found their patsy: right-wing lawyer John Eastman.]

[Trump has confided to those close to him that he sees no reason to publicly defend Eastman...]

[....the ex-president has repeated an excuse he often uses when backed into a corner, as investigators confront him with an associates’ misdeeds: He has privately insisted he “hardly” or “barely” knows Eastman...]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-trump-team-setting-eastman-000030253.html

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Three hundred and thirty million Americans--- Ask 1,004  by phone***--- Print 6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be charged. An extremely small random.

***This ABC News/Washington Post poll was conducted by landline and cellular telephone April 24-28, 2022, in English and Spanish, among a random national sample of 1,004 adults.

Do you have the same problem with the polls showing Biden in trouble? Numbers of those interviewed are similar.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

If its a 'slam dunk' case as you put it why hasn't he been indicted and tried in court?

He hasn't, so he is innocent! Because he has not been proved guilty! LOL

I didn't make up "Innocent until proven guilty"

Well, for one thing, Trump's lawyers have been engaged in major delaying actions. Almost invariably, they lose but it does eat up time.

• Haha 2