Nearly 6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6 riot--poll

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Not the same principle at all. This hearing is not (or at least not supposed to be) on par with a criminal trial of bank robbers. Pelosi prejudges and that just squashes any chance of cooperation. Nothing back.

Pelosi isn't on the committee. Nobody is judging anything. It may or may not make recommendations to the DoJ on completion.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Jordan is a subject under subpoena. He may possibly face criminal charges and has refused to give evidence. It would be improper, illogical and just plain nonsensical to have him on the committee.

Since May. Way after Pelosi rejected him. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Pelosi isn't on the committee. Nobody is judging anything. It may or may not make recommendations to the DoJ on completion.

They more than likely will just let DOJ decide. Referrals carry no weight. To refer will just increase the Trumpist squawking if DOJ acts that DOJ is partisan and reacting to partisan referrals. I hope none are made.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They more than likely will just let DOJ decide. Referrals carry no weight. To refer will just increase the Trumpist squawking if DOJ acts that DOJ is partisan and reacting to partisan referrals. I hope none are made.

Nevertheless, I posted a link earlier which appeared to indicate that they would make recommendations if they thought appropriate.

53 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Not the same principle at all. This hearing is not (or at least not supposed to be) on par with a criminal trial of bank robbers. Pelosi prejudges and that just squashes any chance of cooperation. Nothing back.

He didn’t say criminal trial, it’s not a criminal trial, it’s a Congressional Investigation.

There’s plenty of ‘cooperation’ in the form of sworn testimony and evidence submitted by members of Trump’s administration, some of which where hand picked by Trump himself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nevertheless, I posted a link earlier which appeared to indicate that they would make recommendations if they thought appropriate.

I think there is an internal debate about that and the reasons I stated for not referring remain relevant.

The DOJ is seeing everything. They are the criminal law experts. Referring may be kind of an own goal giving the Trumpists more ammo to complain about process instead of actually addressing what happened.

Edited by Jingthing

And still, most don't know where the real troubles initiate nor quite understand the reality that they're all cut from the same cloth. 

Pretending about this and that doesn't help.

• Confused 1