Celebrating Thai women - all women - and the end of “lie-ability” Boris

webfact

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

My association with Thailand is pre-Rooster, US Army 1971 - talk about draconian, they would pull out the pages in our Playboy magazine at the airport, you never saw an advert for cigarrettes, but Mekong whiskey(?) was okay, never a billboard advert for womans under garments or swim suits - even the Coppertone girl with the puppy pulling down her bathing suit had a big Star on her backside.  No women in sports, politics, professional careers, never saw a woman Doctor, plenty of Nurses (Philipino), lady boys were few and far between, they kept to thenselves. Guess I am saying, "Thailand, you've come a long way baby"  Okay I resemble a rambling rooster -  enough already.............Peace

Funny though because in 1970 when I first arrived Patpong Rd had been in full swing for quite some time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

My association with Thailand is pre-Rooster, US Army 1971 - talk about draconian, they would pull out the pages in our Playboy magazine at the airport, you never saw an advert for cigarrettes, but Mekong whiskey(?) was okay, never a billboard advert for womans under garments or swim suits - even the Coppertone girl with the puppy pulling down her bathing suit had a big Star on her backside.  No women in sports, politics, professional careers, never saw a woman Doctor, plenty of Nurses (Philipino), lady boys were few and far between, they kept to thenselves. Guess I am saying, "Thailand, you've come a long way baby"  Okay I resemble a rambling rooster -  enough already.............Peace

Any photo's mate?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Oh dear,

The first part was too much bragging or too much reminiscense like an old man.

Do you really need it to show off all your supposedly merits?

Or shall we admire you?

Last week I got the impression it was written with a lot of Ganja,

but this time you used a much stronger stuff. ????

I was trying to reply to the column, but you responded very well. 

• Thanks 1

When I first came to Thailand I was impressed by the dominance woman seemed to have in Thai culture. Inheritance was typically through the maternal line, woman were usually the family head and woman did every job under the sun.

But, over time, it was obvious men had control and the final say. Men rarely took advice from a woman, took advantage of them financially, and generally ignored them in any decision-making process.

But maybe this is true in just about any country. But I will say that Thai women are tough - so many single Mums cheerfully going about making a living and enjoying life without financial support from a male (it often seems to be the other way around).

• Like 2

Delighted to see your reference to Churchill... a vile genocidal lunatic who was responsible for the deaths of many millions of starving Bengals, a racist, an advocate for poison gas, anti Semetic just some of the man's contributions.

For me, an Irishman,  his role in deploying the vicious, murdering thugs called the Black and Tans in Ireland is equally unforgivable. Roving murder squads, random beating, house burnings were some of their tools of their vile trade.

Yes, good old Churchill a shining example of Britishness. Regretf,continued to this day by certain members of the English establishment.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It is interesting the posters who describe Rooster's columns as drivel seem to keep reading them.

Yes very interesting. If I have an issue with Roosters comments I wont reply in a denigrating way I try to use gentle humour and give my viewpoint.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Maybe they need to get more women to put a spin on their nonsense. 

You were doing OK until you got to that ridiculous statement .    There are now plenty of women in high if not top positions in the world .    If anything,  they are more power hungry and crazy than the men.   Or,  maybe just EQUALLY corrupt and arrogant .    here here !

Clinton,  Merkel,  Ardern, Freeland,  .......... and many many more.........