Vehicles entering Thailand’s Khao Yai Park subject to emission checks

webfact

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

help from the National Institute of Metrology.

What help can the meteorology department provide, oh wait I misread that its Metrology. So they will provide the scientific equipment used to test for the ppm exhaust.  As long as there are no vehicles emitting black smoke then all should be good.  Wonder if they will charge to conduct the Smog test like they do in California that you must do to register your car.

I've no problem with that as long as they are being selective, i.e., checking the obvious smoke-belching cars and truck.  The Thai transportation ministry doesn't check vehicles 5 years and under.

• Like 1

so far they did a better job of checking motorbike exhaust than the boys in brown, using tape measure to ensure correct distance between microphone and exhaust, revving only to the correct rpm and not just flooring it 

5 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Most cars will pass that test,unless some public transport that has black smoke coming out will not.A motorbike should not be a problem

The article mentions measurement of noise levels so motorcycles could be losers.

Great opportunity for push bike rental entrepreneurs. 

Park your nasty petrol guzzling carbon polluting vehicles way way way over there.

Peddle [or hike] through the park. 

Enjoy.