Russian oligarch arrives in Samui on 3.9 billion baht super yacht - Thai media laps it up but eyebrows raised elsewhere

webfact

4 hours ago, ballpoint said:

I can’t see too clearly from the photo but I don’t think she’s flying the red ensign - the flag seems to have an emblem so possibly/probably a British dependency of some sort.

Meanwhile the RTP are trying to find a way of confiscating the boat for personal gain. The skipper has been invited to a plastic bag interrogation. 

Thailand can't act against any other nation until it cleans up the endemic corruption in its own nation, which will be never.

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

If you really believe that Putin has nothing to do with the chaos in food markets across the world, nothing to do with no gasoline in some countries and rising prices in others, nothing to do with with the chaos around the wheat exports from Ukraine, screwing up the banking systems in Russia. This one man has disrupted the world economies, and if you don’t believe this, ask China, ask many European countries low in gasoline and natural gas…..this all came about because he invaded a peaceful country. You believe Putin had nothing to do with imprisoning Russians who call this a war and spending ten years in prison.

If you believe all the garbage you are spouting maybe you should move to Russia and Putin. A disaster much like the hatred Hitler spouted. This man is a sociopath. But your welcome to him.

Last time i checked it was NOT Putin who introduced sanctions all around.

I guess it was Putin who banned all Russian exports, tried and keep trying to ban Russian oil and gas, metal and wheat exports All Putin as it turns out.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So we should confiscate everything any Americans owns from this point too? To punish them for multiple wars, illegal invasions and the deaths of millions?

What logic is that with people nowadays, to punish all citizens of a country just because the governments actions. If you ask me we should do a hunt on all people who think and speak like this, and get rid of them ASAP, they are the cause of so much unrest globally.

Putln  crony oligarchs are all citizens. 55555

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Last time i checked it was NOT Putin who introduced sanctions all around.

I guess it was Putin who banned all Russian exports, tried and keep trying to ban Russian oil and gas, metal and wheat exports All Putin as it turns out.

Food/wheat exports from Russia are not sanctioned or banned by the west. Russia however did itself make a partial ban on grain exports to keep it for itself

Russia has also been stealing wheat and steel from Ukraine along with blocking wheat/grain exports to the world

6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If it is on me, we will prosecute all the countries and responsible people for confiscating yachts from waters without having the real right. Just a matter of time before the west will be shown where they are standing. The oligarchs likely already purchased a new yacht anyway, pointless act to only serve as a puppet show on the media news.

The west is so clueless, it still doesn't understand that sanctions only motivate people like Putin.

Not only that, China, Iran and the rest has seen what can be done and prepared for it, and while some idiots pouring money and weapons into Ukraine, China is expanding its influence and Iran ready to make nukes. 

Idiots have breached all international laws, destroyed all international trade and trust, while Russia not only made more money since the war than in previous year, but ruble got stronger and made more deals with other super economies like China and India.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Mansell said:

If you really believe that Putin has nothing to do with the chaos in food markets across the world, nothing to do with no gasoline in some countries and rising prices in others, nothing to do with with the chaos around the wheat exports from Ukraine, screwing up the banking systems in Russia. This one man has disrupted the world economies, and if you don’t believe this, ask China, ask many European countries low in gasoline and natural gas…..this all came about because he invaded a peaceful country. You believe Putin had nothing to do with imprisoning Russians who call this a war and spending ten years in prison.

If you believe all the garbage you are spouting maybe you should move to Russia and Putin. A disaster much like the hatred Hitler spouted. This man is a sociopath. But your welcome to him.

I agree with much of what you're saying, and would just like to add my 2¢. I figured from the outset this war and its aims are both intensely nationalistic, but almost more importantly, aimed at the control of food and energy supplies. If Ukraine falls into Russian control, God help Europe. Putin will have them by the proverbials. He's outsmarted them so far. What's their answer? Where's the off ramp? Yeah, that's right. Putin blew it up.

54 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The majority or wheat/grain exports from both Russia and Ukraine go to African destinations not the west. ????

Really? is that why the West is whining? because Africa does not get it? Got it

51 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

I can’t see too clearly from the photo but I don’t think she’s flying the red ensign - the flag seems to have an emblem so possibly/probably a British dependency of some sort.

You're right, it's the Cayman Islands.  I found out too late to edit my original post.

Edited by ballpoint

Thailand supports Russia so the rich dudes yacht is safe in Thailand but I’m sure Thailand will loose quite a few tourists from a lot of the world but especially Europe as it’s supports Russia . . . 

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Really? is that why the West is whining? because Africa does not get it? Got it

???? Yep

UN warns of hunger risk as talks stall over Ukraine grain blockade

A deal to allow Ukrainian food exports was “essential for hundreds of millions of people in developing countries, including in sub-Saharan Africa”, Guterres said on Wednesday. The war was “threatening to unleash an unprecedented wave of hunger and destitution, leaving social and economic chaos in its wake”, he added.

https://www.ft.com/content/5946a436-b27c-49b2-8ced-470442a03e86

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogbrush said:

The vessel is registered in the Cayman Islands, hence is flying the Cayman Islands flag.

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Why, did he do something wrong.  Govts invade countries, not their citizens.

Did the world go after USA billionaire's assets when they invaded & occupied Nam, Iraq, Afghan.   I think not.  

Yes, he is Russian; that's wrong enough these days....

And YES, the world should have gone after usa billionaire's assets! By far the majority of weaponry is produced and sold by usa. But the world is way too hypocrite, again with usa leading the pack. War is business...

Hear hear…I still like Steven100’s early post suggesting that a stealthy RTN SEAL practice his skill set on the hull of that monstrosity.  A little limpet mine would do the deed quite nicely!  Of course the vessel is heavily insured, probably by Lloyds no doubt.  Still I’d get more than a mirthful chuckle if that boat found a new mooring on the seabed!