Man without a baht to his name asks to sleep at the police station after he's abandoned by his boss

webfact

667393.jpg

Naew Na Thai Caption: Sad - Man. 51, abandoned by boss asks to sleep at the police station

Naew Na reported from Bang Bua Thong police station in Nonthaburi where Theeraphat Buraphat or Lung Tui, 51, had arrived in the morning from Mahasarakham in the north east.

He spent his last money on a van ticket but only had 250 baht of the 500 baht fare and hoped to get a loan from his ex who he split up with 27 years ago.

He couldn't contact her so decided to get in another van and go to Bang Bua Thong with a driver who was from the same province who took pity on him.

665231.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

When he got there he couldn't remember where his boss had said to go and his number had gone dead. 

He asked the police for their assistance in allowing him to sleep at the station. 

He said he disliked farming and had many tradesmans' skills like electrical or plastering work and was willing to work if someone would give him a chance. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

665229.jpg

665230.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

24 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Wish I had a place for him to sleep, as I could always use a handy man for a month or so.

I don´t think you need to worry about a place for him to sleep. He can fix that as he is looking for work, and i assume you will pay him for his work. Or did you try to take advantage of the situation and let the man do the work for eat and sleep? Pretty much sounds like that.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Wish I had a place for him to sleep, as I could always use a handy man for a month or so.

Uhhm if you pay him he can sleep somewhere? On top of you could buy a tent + pay him. But sounds like ''you can use a man''.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Uhhm if you pay him he can sleep somewhere? On top of you could buy a tent + pay him. But sounds like ''you can use a man''.

I stopped and asked a very low key rental near the house, and they wanted 2000 & 2 months, and 3 month lease.  Actually thought about the tent thingy.

Re-reading the news-blip, not sure he's playin with a full deck.

"When he got there he couldn't remember where his boss had said to go and his number had gone dead."

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I stopped and asked a very low key rental near the house, and they wanted 2000 & 2 months, and 3 month lease.  Actually thought about the tent thingy.

Pretty sure you can get a tent, or a hammock variant + ventilator for under 1K baht. I use it myself when visiting to Isaan.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he disliked farming and had many tradesmans' skills like electrical or plastering work and was willing to work if someone would give him a chance. 

But not the sharpest tool in the box.

sad story.   A few medical bills, bad luck, maybe mental health issues, and many, many falangs could be in the same situation (except the tire and police station part).

This is one guy, but google tells me 1.6 BILLION people on Earth have inadequate housing with 100 million with no housing.    I guess I would take up fishing, hunting, who knows.....