You still think you can live on less than 50k a month month

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How can you live eating food from 7/11 ?

They just sell biscuits , snacks and horrendous ready meals and burgers

Nothing remotely healthy in 7/11 , just junk food 

Yes...and their ready meals are smaller and cost more than getting the meals cooked fresh for you just outside on the street stalls!!!! 

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

I'm retired and living in Bangkok and having a great time, wouldn't live anywhere else. tropical beaches aren't the be-all and end-all. 

Love going to Krung Thep ... also love leaving and coming back home, surfside.  

Has it's perks ... 

image.png.e5af4374094aeb132e6c71a6239e3eb5.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How can you live eating food from 7/11 ?

They just sell biscuits , snacks and horrendous ready meals and burgers

Nothing remotely healthy in 7/11 , just junk food 

A lot of people eat that way.  But I agree.  I don't think it's a healthy way to eat.  Processed fast food is not healthy unless you indulge in moderation.  There is some junk food I like (caramel-corn) but I moderate my junk intake with is offset with homegrown fruits and veggies and on occasion and nice slab of pork tenderloin or fish. 

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Love going to Krung Thep ... also love leaving and coming back home, surfside.  

Has it's perks ... 

image.png.e5af4374094aeb132e6c71a6239e3eb5.png

Your girlfriend is a real dog.  <laughs>
Just joking.  I've got 7 of them with 4 bitches.  I ???? my pups.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If you cut your booze and bang, you'll easily live on a lot less.

If you cut your booze and don't pay for your bang, you'll easily live on a lot less.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

once we find somewhere to cook properly and get our laundry done, our costs will drop significantly.

eating out and going to laundry shops is a HUGE waste  

Laundry should be 40 baht from Otteri, it's actually hard to spend money here, i can only guess the big spenders are trying to impress women all the time

Having a home, no rent, and very low utility costs means my disposable income is similar to when working in the UK on a reasonable salary 

My wife cooks and provides extras, the family keep me entertained, the farm keeps me occupied and healthy 

Yep life is very enjoyable ???? quite a bit of change out of 50k I would say 

In my long gone party days before I had enough of that lifestyle 5 - 10k a day was not unusual, but that was not living in Thailand that was the three week millionaire days ????

Some guys appear to be caught between the two

11 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

But what city are you in

My daughter lives quite comfy in Krung Thep, on about 35k.  I know, because that's the expense account I put her on for 6 months.  Non drinker, but enjoys eating out with friends.

Condo 10k, utilities 2k

Phone/internet 1k

Petrol 2k

Rest for food, and 500 a day more than enough, 15k

Leaves 5k for surprises.  Has BF, so no P4P ????

Now works and has a larger budget, and buying a townhouse next month

for investment purposes.  No assistance from me.

Also how I know I can live on 30k or less a month, as bring in 65k for visa, and that was the split for 6 months.  

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Make sure you leave her enough money to replace the battery after 10 years.

400,000bht should cover it.

She wouldn't even bother replacing if it needed to be.  Just get one of those tinker cars, that are silly priced now for 400 & 500k.   They should made here and be in the 200k range by that time.  Or another e-motorcycle for 40k

• Confused 1

I live in central Bangkok. I live on 25k and pocket 55k pm of my salary. This covers a nice but tiny flat I share with my wife. I pay all expenses, utilities and half food. She brings home lots of food both from market, vendors and left overs from office (some great stuff btw). Covers transportation to from school. Lunches are gratis. My wife works till 7pm so we only eat together on weekends. I used to pay laundry 650b pm but it closed due to covid so wife does it. This would include two L of vodka, 2 L scotch pm. It would also include a decent meal out every three weeks (b2000). We'd prolly go more but I'm working or she has to go in on a Sat or Sun. Finally, includes basic dental cleaning 2x per year. It would also include a night out with friends every month or two. Oh! I also try to have steaks every weekend as well. Immigration fees, etc.

We take 2-3 long holidays per year and I always cover that. Not in above budget**

Used to be 20k, 22.5 now I find if I'm honest with myself it's 25k.

We are looking to move as the place is tiny. If it were larger we'd stay another ten years hahahaha.

Edited by BonMot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm doing OK on 40-50k/month with a woman, 2 kids and a mortgage (3 bed house).

Own house, 2 grandchildren and Thai wife and getting throug easily 50k and this is withdrawing savings and in 5 years will have to exit on just over 40k a month.
The little things soon add up though and it is very difficult and like many others have no family or property back in blighty.

20 minutes ago, BonMot said:

I live in central Bangkok. I live on 25k and pocket 55k pm of my salary. This covers a nice but tiny flat I share with my wife. I pay all expenses, utilities and half food. She brings home lots of food both from market, vendors and left overs from office (some great stuff btw). Covers transportation to from school. Lunches are gratis. My wife works till 7pm so we only eat together on weekends. I used to pay laundry 650b pm but it closed due to covid so wife does it. This would include two L of vodka, 2 L scotch pm. It would also include a decent meal out every three weeks (b2000). We'd prolly go more but I'm working or she has to go in on a Sat or Sun. Finally, includes basic dental cleaning 2x per year. It would also include a night out with friends every month or two. Oh! I also try to have steaks every weekend as well. Immigration fees, etc.

We take 2-3 long holidays per year and I always cover that. Not in above budget**

Used to be 20k, 22.5 now I find if I'm honest with myself it's 25k.

We are looking to move as the place is tiny. If it were larger we'd stay another ten years hahahaha.

No car or mobile phone then? No clothes as well!  ???? No TV packages? No trips to the sea? No internet charges? No hospital/Doctor charges? No trips back home? No presents for your wife's birthday/Xmas?

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

In Pattaya region 20K/mo will cover rent and utilities. 1K a day is doable for food and drink. Save a bit and treat yourself to a few soapies a month. Invest in a good gym is a good investment.

Your woes will increase if you have a steady lady. That's where the money will disappear.

Never spent less money pr month after settle with my lady. A little investment in her minifarm, and normal days float away on 30k a month with all included. 

8 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Laundry is expensive here in Pattaya

Just looking at the bill

T shirt 25b

Collared shirt 40

Shorts 20b

Definitely doing that at the wrong place.   Price per kg, or go elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Yeah bragging and very rich

Bragging ... maybe or not.  But far from very rich, as mere $2700 a month.

Just a tad over a months salary working at McDs in the USA, 

$15 x 8 hrs x 22 days = $2640

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Definitely doing that at the wrong place.   Price per kg, or go elsewhere.

Depends what kind of clothes you have. Wouldn’t sent my Calvin Klain jeans to those laundry shops. But in real they Charge from 40 baht to 70 baht pr kg. Double if express. 

Edited by Hummin

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

i realised i had finally made it, when my future X wife started washing my laundry in the shower. ohh happy days those were 

And you didnt bother to buy her a machine? No wonder she is your x ????