You still think you can live on less than 50k a month month

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I presume that most people have a wife/GF/partner that also has an income of 50k+

100k for a couple is okay if they're not out partying 5 nights a week. Restaurant a 2-3 times a week, property and vehicles that they own, it is okay. ????

Very few Thais (in legitimate jobs) earn anywhere near 50K pm,  30K is a decent middle management salary for a Thai office worker.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, simon43 said:

I moved to Pattaya because it has a nice jogging track (the beach promenade). Plus a good range of shops, restaurants, DIY etc etc, all within walking distance.  AFAIK, it is not compulsory to use hooker services when you live in Pattaya ????

Well no, not compulsory.

Even still...

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Nick Kyrios

Craig Stadler

Norman started age 17 was off scratch by 19.

90% talent.Bierd

I played for years with top juniors. The best one lead a major one year. He didnt practice more than anyone.

Talent is of course huge, essential.

Some talented folks (musicians, athletes, whatever) practice hard and don't realize that for those of us without talent no amount of practice will do.

But at the top level practice can give an edge, his opponents used to say about the hard-practicing Larry Bird "The more Bird practices the luckier he gets".

Also Steve Nash who was an NBA great said "If every basketball player worked as hard as I did, I'd be out of a job." He was recognizing his level of talent needed hard work to stay at the top level.

But you hear a lot of successful people who work hard (and have worked hard) who don't realize that without the talent that allows hard work to lead to progress, they would not have succeeded on hard work alone.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Can't argue with that, although on a military course I seem to get mostly 50 - 60 year olds.

Courses around Pattaya you use to get the young pretty girls, then slowly but surely they were replaces by old grannies, story was they could earn more money in factories 

On 7/19/2022 at 10:19 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you should go out there and talk to Thais.

Or just talk to one of you regular massage girls.

Tell her you struggle with 50k per month. And maybe ask her how much she makes per month.

Maybe one of those girls will suggest to move in with you. She will manage to live with that money for both of you and still save some of it.

yeah. living in a one room small studio.  No air con.  Futons for beds, one room mate at least

.  how those girls still manage to bath and wash their hair amazes me

Edited by gk10012001

On 7/20/2022 at 3:42 PM, Chris.B said:

No car or mobile phone then? No clothes as well!  ???? No TV packages? No trips to the sea? No internet charges? No hospital/Doctor charges? No trips back home? No presents for your wife's birthday/Xmas?

No TV. Internet is b125 month 10mbs 100gb. As stated trips not included.

No gifts. The trips and restaurants are enough gifts. Looking after her now, planning for her on my death - that's the gift. But I do buy her lots of little stuff, give her money sometimes. I just bought her a watch from us about 6250b Seiko.

I am thinking about giving her 1000b a month for food she brings home and ironing.

She's very low maintenance like me

6 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Talent is of course huge, essential.

Some talented folks (musicians, athletes, whatever) practice hard and don't realize that for those of us without talent no amount of practice will do.

But at the top level practice can give an edge, his opponents used to say about the hard-practicing Larry Bird "The more Bird practices the luckier he gets".

Also Steve Nash who was an NBA great said "If every basketball player worked as hard as I did, I'd be out of a job." He was recognizing his level of talent needed hard work to stay at the top level.

But you hear a lot of successful people who work hard (and have worked hard) who don't realize that without the talent that allows hard work to lead to progress, they would not have succeeded on hard work alone.

Charlie Earp who coached Norman told me better off with 50 quality balls than 200 sloppy ones.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, peterfranks said:

There maybe some, but I doubt many on here pay that for their rented wife

I pay a woman 10k/month to pretend to be my wife.

Not expensive at all!

As for Thai wages,

My Thai daughter (23 + degree) gets paid 20k/month plus a free condo in Nakon Sawan.

My Thai niece (25 no degree) gets paid 25k/month as a Lotus manager.

My other Thai niece (30 no high school) gets paid 10k/month as a Lotus shop assistant.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

The price of P888y is the greatest impact on my budget.  I could care less about a relationship because I value my independence and freedom to do what I want, but it does add up.

Everything else is cheap.

No motor bike, I like to walk.

Food is cheap

No cable/tv bill as it comes with condo.

No need to buy clothes every weekend like Americans...I know, I am one.

No fancy meals that cause an arm and leg

I can manage with $1800 per month including a few Thai Friendly babes

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

The price of P888y is the greatest impact on my budget.  I could care less about a relationship because I value my independence and freedom to do what I want, but it does add up.

Food is cheap

Is that 1800 AUD or USA?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is that 1800 AUD or USA?

AUD ... as he references OZ quite a bit:

"Taboo2 said: ... Expand. I certainly had to provide a Federal Police check with my visa application, from Australia"

and yea ... I'm bored ... off to the park

Edited by KhunLA

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are plenty of coin launderettes around and theres usually always a machine available .

Washing powder ,works out about 5 Baht per wash .

If you have issues handling your own unclean clothes , maybe you need to wash them more often . 

Its not necessary to sit and wait for the wash to finish , just come back in one hour . 

This finished laundry has been spin dried , so its more damp than wet

Hang the washing on a washing line and its dry within a few hours .

No need to iron most clothes  as they dry unwrinkled 

Do you actually do this, do you actually leave your accommodation and go to a launderette.

I couldn't be bothered with ALL of that, worst case I'd stick it in a bag and pay for someone to do all that work and waiting.

I'm far too busy watching TV or Youtube 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:13 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

Who goes to bars or for a massage every day? Is that common in Australia? With such a lifestyle, yes, 50k will be spent after less than half a month. As for go-go-bars, it depends where you are, e.g. here in Bangkok I rarely go, cause there's 'not much to see' anyway.

Let's be realsitic, rightly or wrongly the Australian Old Age Pension (or any Old Age Pension) is not planned/intended to provide enough funds for daily massages and bar visits etc. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Food is cheap

"No need to buy clothes every weekend like Americans."

Reminds me of an American who came to Bkk assist on a consulting project for 3 weeks.

His family came too, (farang, his wife and 3 kids), they arrived with a medium size suitcase holding clothes for all of them.

The wife had never left the US previously. She asked me where to take the family for the day on the first Saturday, wanting to see some cultural events and elephants.

I decided to take them to the Rose Garden just outside of Pattaya. I hired a car and driver for the day, big enough to transport 3 adults and 3 kids.  Hired driver picked me up and we headed for their hotel on Sathorn. 

American wife was horrified that the driver didn't speak English (I speak pretty good Thai). She insisted on continuously asking why he couldn't speak English and trying to teach him English.

They were all dressed in warm clothing. I asked 'didn't you bring any summer clothes?'

Her quick response 'No, what for, we buy clothes all the time according to the situation'. She hesitated then asked 'I assume the place we are going to will have a big selection of summer clothes we can buy, after all they must have lots of tourists every day who need to buy clothes'.

I ignored her comment.  

3 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Food is cheap

What percentage of your income is spent on prostitution ?

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What percentage of your income is spent on prostitution ?

You seems obsessed with other peoples use of prostitution? Most of the posts you reply to or somehow in one way or other, is about prostitution. Why so?

Im not a big fan of prostitution, and rarely taken part of it, but you cant avoid it as a single man in Thailand if you are a social human being. I have lived among in a smaller condominium with all kinds of girls and men, ladyboys, gays who somehow serviced tourist one way or the other. It was a great experience and good learning of why, and how they ended up in a tourist destination doing what they did. 

Those who came back after a night going with a younger white boy and did not get anything out of it, was not happy. And that is boys who think they got it, and did not need to pay. If they did not expect payment, more likely had already sponsors and did not really care and did it out of boredom or for the excitement, or they hoped to catch a new fish and played the long run with them being different. So many different reasons but the worst was going with an older who thought dinner, flowers and small amount of taxi money  would do it for them. 

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"No need to buy clothes every weekend like Americans."

Reminds me of an American who came to Bkk assist on a consulting project for 3 weeks.

His family came too, (farang, his wife and 3 kids), they arrived with a medium size suitcase holding clothes for all of them.

The wife had never left the US previously. She asked me where to take the family for the day on the first Saturday, wanting to see some cultural events and elephants.

I decided to take them to the Rose Garden just outside of Pattaya. I hired a car and driver for the day, big enough to transport 3 adults and 3 kids.  Hired driver picked me up and we headed for their hotel on Sathorn. 

American wife was horrified that the driver didn't speak English (I speak pretty good Thai). She insisted on continuously asking why he couldn't speak English and trying to teach him English.

They were all dressed in warm clothing. I asked 'didn't you bring any summer clothes?'

Her quick response 'No, what for, we buy clothes all the time according to the situation'. She hesitated then asked 'I assume the place we are going to will have a big selection of summer clothes we can buy, after all they must have lots of tourists every day who need to buy clothes'.

I ignored her comment.  

Why she not speak Thai?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You seems obsessed with other peoples use of prostitution? Most of the posts you reply to or somehow in one way or other, is about prostitution. Why so?

Im not a big fan of prostitution, and rarely taken part of it, but you cant avoid is a single man in Thailand if you are a social human being. I have lived among in a smaller condominium with all kinds of girls and men, ladyboys, gays who somehow serviced tourist one way or the other. It was a great experience and good learning of why, and how they ended up in a tourist destination doing what they did. 

Those who came back after a night going with a younger white boy and did not get anything out of it, was not happy. And that is boys who think they got it, and did not need to pay. If they did not expect payment, more likely had already sponsors and did not really care and did it out of boredom or for the excitement, or they hoped to catch a new fish and played the long run with them being different. 

Because posters keep stating that the use prostitutes and that is where the direction of the thread goes.

43 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Because posters keep stating that the use prostitutes and that is where the direction of the thread goes.

Prostitutes is for many the only option they have for some kind of intimacy with a other being. In Thailand be it out of economic reasons, afraid of commitment (mental issues), thrive to live alone being introvert, or just being a monger.

You still young and got blue eyes, you will got your experiences as well, if not yet already got them, and feel ashamed and now shame everybody else to come clean yourself. Funny how works for some