Tourism Authority Targets 30 Million Tourists in 2023

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

6ne7cu.jpg.a6483598a09608d4a90647d4cb1a321c.jpg

Sorry, not a big fan of cannabis tourism. Just the way I feel.

A pathetic and somewhat offensive attempt a stereotyping. Its very fortunate for narrowminded and ignorant people like you that its still open season on cannabis users. as the normal victims of this sort of behaviour  are now protected

Considering your obvious lack of first hand knowledge regarding cannabis or users thereof, I worry that you have developed an irrational phobia, Have you ever considered seeking professional help?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Talk about playing it safe. Not very helpful in terms of planning. Might as well have said somewhere between 100,000 and 100 MM.

In Thailand 'Planning' only reaches as far as tomorrow or next weekend at best !

• Like 1

Every week theres something new on how they going to get more tourist or how they going to promote Thailand to make tourist come but nothing ever changes  with the hard to get Visa and paperwork the corruption  the duel pricing  and talk of hotel duel pricing  the crimes and scams against tourist  and now the 300 baht soon to be entrance fee WAKE UP THAILAND, a normal family wouldnt come here with better cheaper and less hassle countries to go on holiday to.

• Like 1

Finally some good news.  And with the world only having around 56 million total millionaires, and 30 million of those "quality"  people visiting Thailand all in the same year!.     Maybe they should increase the entrance fee for those quality tourists from 300 to 300,000 baht?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Richard 2020 said:

30 million "quality tourists"...I do wonder what is being smoked there?

Is this already the consequence of the cannabis release?

There should be no more "mass tourism"!

Only the "ELITE" should come and spend as much money as possible, so was the plan, right?

Try offering gold bars to come and they might get 30 million???

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

and I also expect to fly to the moon  ......      he's been playing with that damn tea room dart board again.

You give him too much credit.  He wouldn’t know how to play darts.  I think he has been playing with that calculator again.  You know the one, that’s built on super secret technology and only one was ever built.  If more were built the chinese would have reverse engineered by now.

• Haha 1

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is aiming to revitalize the nation’s tourism industry with new strategies and campaigns, targeting 30 million tourists and 2.38 trillion baht in revenue by 2023.

"TAT hopes for............", "TAT hopes to attract.............", "TAT aims for........." 

Just enter as many millions as you want in place of the "........'s"!

TAT - Blah, blah, blah - does anybody really take any notice of these fabricated figures? Apart from TAT themselves, of course? Or maybe Mr Prayut to convince himself that everything is back on track for a wonderful return to the halcyon "pre pre" Covid years, but without those pesky backpackers to spoil the image of "More Amazing Thailand"?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the weaker baht is likely to boost tourist spending power and encourage foreign tourists to visit Thailand.

However, with ever  increasing Air Fares, and a destination rampant with Inflation, ( as are many ) I doubt if there will be 30 M Tourists by end of 2023.

• Like 1

Recession, real war, China cold war, economic meltdowns, covid not nearly over, major tourism markets barred from easy travel, sky rocketing air fares, miles of queues at airports.

Should have made it 40 million ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The strategy follows three strategic objectives: (1) Drive Demand, which focuses on sustainable quality tourism, (2) Shape Supply, which creates value and raises tourism standards through a new tourism ecosystem, and (3) Thrive for Excellence,

I'm sure the girls in Patts will tidy themselves up a bit.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

and I also expect to fly to the moon  ......      he's been playing with that damn tea room dart board again.

Well, flying to the moon is more likely than the number of tourists he expects.

For example with Mr. Musk.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malthebluff said:

Every week theres something new on how they going to get more tourist or how they going to promote Thailand to make tourist come but nothing ever changes  with the hard to get Visa and paperwork the corruption  the duel pricing  and talk of hotel duel pricing  the crimes and scams against tourist  and now the 300 baht soon to be entrance fee WAKE UP THAILAND, a normal family wouldnt come here with better cheaper and less hassle countries to go on holiday to.

That's the thing, isn't it? 

Instead of creating some year-long marketing programs and then sticking with them until completion, as well as fighting to end recognized problems, TAT just vomits out endless projections of incredible numbers without really working towards anything.

• Like 2

Sorry but your massive and extended over reaction to a flu destroyed your tourism sector and its still burning thanks due to a corrupt and inept military dictatorship who just extended the emergency decree !!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

What’s wrong with giving a break down of tourist numbers.?

Inbound foreign tourist

Thai tourists 

then give

Outbound foreign tourists

Outbound Thai tourists

Then show me the money!! If you dare????

Also, they include people who transfer planes within Thailand to reach other destinations. 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Based on TAT's forecast, Thai Airways just ordered another 999 aircrafts and hired 600 pilots and 22000 stewards.

Up to now, 65322 people have applied for the 40,000.000 investment in order to buy a 1 rai of land.

Things are looking great.

joking

• Like 1