Four armed robbers force wealthy French man and wife to lie on floor in 2M+ nighttime robbery in NE

webfact

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Strange but true comment. 

It confuses me why people become negative living in Thailand. I see so many sad, negative foreigners, everyday. 

How is it possible, maybe these negative people were born negative or they haven't managed their lifestyle, failed marriage, losing wealth due to failed business etc., what's going on. 

Thailand has been my home for over 20 years, I've never been a negative person, my positive attitude grows every day, I'm a very lucky guy to have the opportunity to live in this beautiful country. 

I agree with you. I think some people Lohengrin to be negative about their surroundings in whichever country they live in. I myself am also a very lucky man. I have a wonderful wife & two great young boys (total of four great sons). I moved from Australia to Thailand six years ago & have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would expect rich people to have a better driveway.

As for keeping large amounts of money lying around in your home .... never a good idea in any country.

True.. Even tho I rent good condos with security, I always have a safe in a bank where I put my cash and valuables.  Costs me a fortune on holidays as I always go to reputable hotels with reception safes. Never trust a hotel room safe or the ones they sell.  People I know woke up one morning and handbags , car keys, jewelry all gone. Another was having friends over, eating outside on the pool. In they came, over a wall, alarm off as people were there. They took everything they could find and all the ladies handbags which were inside on a bed !!!! 

Personally I am very much unimpressed by this house.  No interesting features. Boring location with no views. No garden or landscaping. I would never guess this is the home of a wealthy person unless someone told me.

Here's some more pictures of the area.  

image.png.aef372875cd4a40022a6aa36714e4f1f.pngimage.png.08d1b6c0eb0b02e1caeb9a6ef62022b3.pngimage.png.443eb79077117dc0d992dd265fbcdb00.png

Edited by NorthernRyland

10 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Who goes upcountry and flaunts such wealth??????   I once considered building a 100 million dollar mansion in Nan, but after one second I realized why draw all this attention to myself.

Look at me, I'm rich!!!!!   Inside, I have lots of rich things!!!!

This is why I live underground off the coast of Pattaya in a submarine.   safe.  for now.  

Must be tricky for the dogs.

Perhaps they should have built closer in. My house is right in the village and have mother in law uncles brothers aunt and sisters living around it. And two dogs. Lights everywhere. Not likely to get robbed there. Though my fiancé and I did get mugged once by yaba teens just outside of UD town.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

stealing 100,000s of baht in Euros, three watches and Thai baht. He thought it was worth at least 1.5 million. 

I wonder if this "rich" French man has ever heard of Banks?

My phone has the time.  I don't need a single watch, much less three to show everyone how rich I am.

Also, which massage parlor did he meet his wife in? ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I don't need a single watch

It's a timepiece.  Jewelry.  Nobody wears a Rolex because they can't afford a smartphone.  It's a piece of art to them.

Like............who needs paintings???!?!?!!?!?  Who needs a faster car, mine goes the speed limit!!!!  Sculptures....why?????  beds that can fit 10 people, why????  Kitchen the size of a village... why, why, why!!!!! lol

Who needs a smartphone with 1000 cameras???  Rolexes increase in value, unlike phones.  

My watch(es) tell me barometric pressure, altitude, solar powered, carbon, some titanium, and a compass.  Do I need this?   Of course, I'm an online Navy Seal who tracks the trolls!!!!

8 billion humans, different tastes.  You don't like watches, but many like wearing them.  

12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Strange but true comment. 

It confuses me why people become negative living in Thailand. I see so many sad, negative foreigners, everyday. 

How is it possible, maybe these negative people were born negative or they haven't managed their lifestyle, failed marriage, losing wealth due to failed business etc., what's going on. 

Thailand has been my home for over 20 years, I've never been a negative person, my positive attitude grows every day, I'm a very lucky guy to have the opportunity to live in this beautiful country. 

I am grateful too, to live in Thailand. Positivity is a quality that has to be nurtured and cultivated. It is NOT the natural state of the human mind. This is why so few have that magic. You have to dig deep for it, and it takes effort to maintain the perspective to keep it. It is a gift and a huge blessing. And one people want to be around. 

It is a key to success, fulfillment, longevity, and daily contentment. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

if he had cameras the thiefs would just wear head covers or spray the cameras with black paint.

if he had a dog the thiefs would just kill the dog first.

No amount of security will stop a burglar getting into your property if he really wants something.

Not true. I always use red paint.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Good question.   This man didn't keep B1.5m in the house, though.

Seems Imisread but it's not important enough for me top go back to it ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

4 Armed robbers.

A dog or 2 would simply end up dead.  You would still get robbed.  

Yes the dogs may end up dead, but they are still a deterant as most people are very careful around dogs here. At least the dog barks and will wake you up, that is what our dogs do. When any delivery person comes to the house and needs to come into the property, we always tell them to wait as we chain the dogs up. It soon got around our dogs bite.

I reread the article and was astonished to see the fact the victims were taken to the police station for questioning.  Why? It is their house, they are victims, I terrier them there. They are not suspects, or were the police searching the house for other items?....

22 hours ago, SymS said:

I was thinking about upgrading my dwellings to something better, but no thanks. I'll just stay in my 4,500B/month two bedrooms house and ride a bicycle wearing T-shirts with a few holes here and there...

my style exactly.  I shop at walmart.  I buy no name t shirts and when polo shirts, those also are no name.  I shop at thrift stores.  They like to move merchandise so in my mind I am doing good.  I am a single millionaire and plan to stay that way as I retire soon and will and can live on my social security alone.  Everything else is extra and gravy

14 hours ago, rumak said:

We gotta go out riding sometime !!

Is 4 people on a motorcycle safe, 2 adults on motorcycle seat and 2 kids  (both under 10) in a sidecar? - Quora

Yeah, that happens.

Any time, but you'll have to find me in the Isaan wilds first lol

Edited by zyphodb
unfinished