Alternative Maths in a Woke World or Sick Alt Right Video About Maths?

Denim

3 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

It's just a label, it doesn't mean it's not real.  Same with anything in the world, you may not agree with it or like it, but that's not a pre-requisite.

It has been officially hijacked by the right wing. Particularly to viciously demonize transgender people. I think that is evil. Imagine being a transgender person in the world now having to deal with all this insane irrational ignorance and bigotry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, proton said:

Should LGBT be a subject in schools at all? 

As part of various subjects of course. In history, in social studies, and sex ed classes, etc.

What a bizarre question really. Should they be made invisible?!?

Would you ask that question about blacks or Jews?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Well, perhaps you can get the moderators to change the title to something you find less offensive like :

" Sick alt right video about maths "

I never implied it was anything of the kind! 

The math teacher represents rationality.

You know, like the people that know Donald Trump lost, as opposed to the alt right alternate facts wack jobs that still insist it was stolen.

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Alternative facts are an ALT RIGHT thing! Nothing to do with woke. Look what's happening in Florida. Teachers are being shut down from teaching basic facts and information about LGBT people and black history to ALL GRADES which is a neo-fascist movement led by alt right wing demagogues.

Your headline indicates you think this film is to expose so called woke (which isn't a real thing, it's just an attack word from the right wing). It's the opposite. 

Alt right is fake term

Means nothing

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As part of various subjects of course. In history, in social studies, and sex ed classes, etc.

What a bizarre question really. Should they be made invisible?!?

Would you ask that question about blacks or Jews?

I expect it's more like indoctrination than education

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, proton said:

I expect it's more like indoctrination than education

That's what the right wing demagogues are saying and worse. It's bull.

They would have schools that teach about Alan Turing not being allowed to say he was gay and persecuted for it.

8 minutes ago, Why Me said:

which is a lie. The Dont Say Gay (Parental Rights in Education’) bill prohibits instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity for students in kindergarten through 3rd grade.

And you worked yourself up into a lather all for nothing.

I am generally left-leaning but my peeve with the woke is that if they don't get their way they start throwing their toys.

Wrong!

It effects all grades. 

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Alternative facts are an ALT RIGHT thing! Nothing to do with woke. Look what's happening in Florida. Teachers are being shut down from teaching basic facts and information about LGBT people and black history to ALL GRADES which is a neo-fascist movement led by alt right wing demagogues.

Your headline indicates you think this film is to expose so called woke (which isn't a real thing, it's just an attack word from the right wing). It's the opposite. 

err... there's plenty of misinformation on the left side too.

but the video doesn't really take a side.

it is showing the dangers of giving opinions any weight at all against facts and how opinions and votes (of whatever side !) should never influence facts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgw said:

err... there's plenty of misinformation on the left side too.

but the video doesn't really take a side.

it is showing the dangers of giving opinions any weight at all against facts and how opinions and votes (of whatever side !) should never influence facts.

Lots of misinformation on the left. Watch CNN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1