Famous Nomad Capitalist Youtuber "recommends" Pattaya as a good and cheap place to live but with a bit of predictable snark

Jingthing

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nope.

I made the point.

Pattaya is underrated and undermentioned internationally when compared to the competition for high benefit budget priced expat destinations. 

It has become much more than only a place for sex tourism but that's why list makers shy away from mentioning it -- the sex tourism reputation.

Whats good about it?

<deleted> beaches

Dirty

Crooks

Mafia

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If Andrew gets wind of this thread, sorry about all the moronic posts about your appearance and questioning your masculinity.

Instead of offering your apologies for other members' (what makes you think that you're in a position to do that?) and insulting their comments as "moronic posts" perhaps you should just apologise for your posting his video!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

When a single guy retires on a regular type supply of funds, some of the things you might look for are affordable rent, abundance of food choices, activities, decent public transportation. Pattaya tics all the boxes. You don't have to frequent WS, soi 6. Lots of other type places to enjoy a drink and meet up with friends. 

You can get those loads of places ie Bangsaen just up the road with a better beach, don't see many recommending that.

30 minutes ago, proton said:

You can get those loads of places ie Bangsaen just up the road with a better beach, don't see many recommending that.

Pattaya is just a reference point of the area. I agree there are better nearby areas.

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Whats good about it?

<deleted> beaches

Dirty

Crooks

Mafia

ouch. that's a pretty jaundiced view of my beloved Patts. there's so much more to the place than that but I don't have the time right now to list them all as it will interrupt my plan to get really fkn drink on Patpong 2 tonight ????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

"Andrew Henderson and the Nomad Capitalist team are the world's most sought-after experts "

On his website.

Anyone believe this?

no. but there's some pretty interesting stuff in his videos once you get past his boasts. take the good info and leave the bad stuff, that's my approach with most things now.

1 hour ago, andy said:

I used to watch his vids off an on, I do agree he has some good info, you just need to keep in mind that he prioritizes money over ALL other aspects of expat life.

Lately though his vids are pretty much unwatchable IMO as I have seen few other people so completely in love with themselves to the extent that this guy is...

Rich aspire to live in Pattaya? It doesnt make sense.

15 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Rich aspire to live in Pattaya? It doesnt make sense.

Lots of rich people live in Pattaya.  It's a big city, with a large variety of housing, some of it very nice.  Perhaps you need to get out more and do some exploring.

This guy is quite famous amongst a certain crowd, and self advertises that he has helped many millionaires reduce their taxes by relocating to other countries.  He has a book which I read once, however it put me off him and his YouTube channel, as it is full of him bragging about how much money he makes.  I also got the impression that it's written for the credulous types, who haven't done much travelling - certainly to the places he mentions in the book, and I caught out a number of "exaggerations" (to be polite to him, or downright untruths to be blunt) on countries that I have lived and worked in.  If someone tries to pull the wool over my eyes regarding things that I know about, I no longer trust them to inform me about those I don't.

image.png.c00e1efecb55c88d4d8a1d4d86699598.png

• Thanks 1