Monkeypox: Thais advised to avoid sexual contact with foreigners, hotels advised to clean properly

webfact

From the original post, looking beyond the slur about foreigners...
It says " contamination with such items as bedding, towels or clothes, "
which makes me wonder... What will happen after someone with monkey-pox arrives at a hospital and put their arm into the blood pressure sleeve? Will subsequent users be infected?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Erm? "That is in the WESTERN world"?

What part of WORLDWIDE do you not understand?

does not account for regions with poor health data or hospitals no testing

On 8/4/2022 at 8:20 AM, webfact said:

spread of monkeypox

avoid sexual contact with foreigners

I try my best. 

OMG, I saw what looked like 2 mid twenties LARGE  Scandinavian girls walking down a back soi here in Pattaya yesterday. What a scary sight, no way I'm having sexual contact with either of them. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Latest news: 4 infected people now, two foreigners and two Thais... So, should foreigners avoid sexual contact with Thais?

#4 is a Thai lady who apparently was a frequent flyer in clubs popular with foreigners. I suppose for more than just a drink. Now good luck tracing her contacts. So yes, I'd say time to be more careful in general for those who like to have occasional partners.

14 hours ago, sambum said:

Being fair "A member of the Medical Council of Thailand" doesn't necessarily mean an expert, only that he's a paid up member!

In the same way as being an Army general doesn't necessarily qualify you to be Prime Minister of a country!

Correct,  but unfortunately Thailand has one - general / PM. 

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:
3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OMG, I saw what looked like 2 mid twenties LARGE  Scandinavian girls walking down a back soi here in Pattaya yesterday. What a scary sight, no way I'm having sexual contact with either of them. 

They must be crying over your refusal

Probably, oh well, I just can't get an erection over a female that's bigger than me. 

And those feet, bigger shoe size than my size 10's. 

Pass, no thanks, I'll leave those for you mate. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I try my best. 

I don't blame you. The concept that Scandinavian woman are all bombshells  with blue eyes and blonde hair is a big myth. Mostly horrible emancipated feminists, with an axe to grind with all men. They were there to spread their contagion to Thai women. PS  lots of Scandinavian men are wimps and cuckolds.

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I try my best. 

I suspect you are over 50 and repulsive to foreign women in their 20s so feel the need to insult them to make yourself feel superior is some weird way. 

You'll find that ironically the longer you live in Thailand, the more appealing these women will look and you'll find the subservient fried egg breasted  Thai women rather off-putting.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I suspect you are over 50 and repulsive to foreign women in their 20s so feel the need to insult them to make yourself feel superior is some weird way. 

You'll find that ironically the longer you live in Thailand, the more appealing these women will look and you'll find the subservient fried egg breasted  Thai women rather off-putting.

Nope, Thailand has been home for me for over 20 years. 

These foreign women do nothing for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Iamfalang said:

You can live here for 100-years, spend 100 billion baht, raise Thai children

BUT you are evil!!!!!  One comment has the country hating you!!! Afraid!!!!  Leave you falang!!!!

Well, actually, come and spend money but don't touch anything!!!!!!

Welcome, but not welcome.   

COVID...falang.   Monkeypox...falang.  Thai baht weak....falang.   Everything the fault of the falang.

enjoy your stay!!!!  

Bet you are glad to get that of your chest ????

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2022 at 3:33 AM, webfact said:

Medical expert warns Thais to avoid sexual contact with foreigners to prevent Monkeypox infections, comments drives anger from expats and foreigners online

By Adam Judd

image.jpeg

Bangkok – Dr. Amorn Leelarasamee, a Member of the Medical Council of Thailand, on Tuesday, August 2nd, warned the Thai people to avoid practicing group sexual activities and sexual contact with foreigners to prevent themselves from Monkeypox infection.

His comments, however, drew anger and outrage from many ex-pats and foreigners online, many of whom felt the comments were discriminatory, xenophobic, racist, and bigoted.

The medical expert stated after WHO’s announcement of Monkeypox as a global health emergency that the disease was difficult to control as it is a disease that could be transmitted from animal to person and from person to person.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/04/medical-expert-warns-thais-to-avoid-sexual-contact-with-foreigners-to-prevent-monkeypox-infections-comments-drives-anger-from-expats-and-foreigners-online/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-08-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

He forgot to mention that "Covid" came from China.

Next time he is travelling to "farang land", he should be denied entrance.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

They must really hate us.

Not really, just the sex tourist type, obviously. 

It would be near impossible to like those who come to Thailand for sex with impoverished youngsters.

Many Thais(outside tourist towns) are neutral towards farang. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not really, just the sex tourist type, obviously. 

It would be near impossible to like those who come to Thailand for sex with impoverished youngsters.

Many Thais(outside tourist towns) are neutral towards farang. 

Want to see when thai officials are starting to talk bad about the thousands of single Indian men come to Thailans, surrounding women in packs of 10 and negotiating a group discount.

Will not happen as they will never talk bad about Indians, Chinese and a few other favourite nationals.

Farang are the easy excuse for everything.

• Like 1

Just heard the Bangkok case is a 22 year old female....wonder if she worked at Soi Cowboy, on Soi 4 Nana, Patpong beer bar, or sold herself along Sukhumvit or one of the many other Area's that the Independents travers......asking for my Nigerian friend....

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Want to see when thai officials are starting to talk bad about the thousands of single Indian men come to Thailans, surrounding women in packs of 10 and negotiating a group discount.

Will not happen as they will never talk bad about Indians, Chinese and a few other favourite nationals.

Farang are the easy excuse for everything.

You don't know Thai people. 

There is a popular saying about Indians and snakes. 

Indians are actually disliked a lot more than farang, despite Lord Buddha being an Indian.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just heard the Bangkok case is a 22 year old female....wonder if she worked at Soi Cowboy, on Soi 4 Nana, Patpong beer bar, or sold herself along Sukhumvit or one of the many other Area's that the Independents travers......asking for my Nigerian friend....

If she is a prostitute, then the advice by the dude was good, she should have listened. 

Just now, Neeranam said:

If she is a prostitute, then the advice by the dude was good, she should have listened. 

It is of course speculation on my part, but how else can it have been passed onto her.  No mention in the press about her contacts and the tracing that I could find.  They are truly being a little secretive, but then this is a infection that is not very common and in my view being overblown.  I fear getting Dengue or Pneumonia this time of the year than anything else.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Fried egg? Maybe shagging too many spent moms? My wife even at 46 has small but rather nice breasts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simon43 said:

So why don't they say 'gay men and bisexuals'? 

What about Gay women and Bisexuals, you can not just blame it on the Gay man.....One has to wonder if this is not silently spreading in the LBTQ communities.