Chinese couple arrested for posting heroin to Australia - condos/gold worth nearly 10MB seized

webfact

2 hours ago, proton said:

How do they think they can get this muck through undetected these days with sophisticated x rays, sniffer dogs and testing substances machines? 

Do you think all these sophisticated x-rays, sniffer dogs etc catch everything?

It's very likely they've been succesful for some time or do you think this was their first attempt?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

They had sent the package from Big C in Pattaya using someone else's passport as ID. 

I can not remember having to show ID last Christmas when I sent off some parcels--is that new ??

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I can not remember having to show ID last Christmas when I sent off some parcels--is that new ??

Not really , post office  up here in Chiang Mai even want ID for international

letter and want to know what's inside.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Not really , post office  up here in Chiang Mai even want ID for international

letter and want to know what's inside.

regards worgeordie

Yer they always ask you to fill in a customs Dec..... for letters I just put Doc's,

just never been asked for passport or even ID.....maybe Issan is just slack on it all. 

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

When I lived in Thailand pre Covid-19, I used to show my Thai Driving License when sending mail from my local post office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

ID at departure point has all but ZERO to do with detection down the line. <deleted>! Australian Customs is equal to any in the world for diligence and detection albeit that the worldwide drug trade and other illegal trades are hard at it to trying to bypass such services. 

6 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Do you think all these sophisticated x-rays, sniffer dogs etc catch everything?

It's very likely they've been succesful for some time or do you think this was their first attempt?

I watch an Oz series.  It's amazing just what lengths the senders will go to.  They come up with new ideas all the time.  But the post office people are upto the mark also.  To start with it's the countries that they watch.

After many years of seeing the fallout from heroin in Australia, all I can say that I hope the pieces of s### rot in hell.  Absolute misery it causes. Drug overdoses, suicides, junkie crimes (common theft, frauds, break and enters, armed robberies, stabbings, murders).  I absolutely hate drug dealers. Low lifes living the high life off the misery of others. Getting people addicted  to fill their pockets with cash to enjoy in Thailand. Selfish evil scum.  Good to see.  I hope Thailand applies a very long sentence and they suffer.  F### off out of Australia a######s. 

Edited by aussienam

22 hours ago, webfact said:

They had sent the package from Big C in Pattaya using someone else's passport as ID.

Do they think the 1000000000000000 cameras around Big C won't see them mailing this package.

Everyone getting busted for drugs saying, "I didn't know anything!!!!"

1000000000000000000000000000 years, minimum.     Protect the kids.   

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And, what do you mean with that?

She was given the death penalty for what? A kilo of ecstasy? Commuted to life, and then halved. What kind of nonsense justice system sentences someone to death for signing for a parcel of drugs that weren't even hers? This couple were sending over 4kg of heroin.

In her case, it seems she had no legal representation. Appeal and declare a mistrial. Gross miscarriage of justice.

Edited by bradiston

14 hours ago, bradiston said:

She was given the death penalty for what? A kilo of ecstasy? Commuted to life, and then halved. What kind of nonsense justice system sentences someone to death for signing for a parcel of drugs that weren't even hers? This couple were sending over 4kg of heroin.

In her case, it seems she had no legal representation. Appeal and declare a mistrial. Gross miscarriage of justice.

Wow! you seem to be very initiated. Is this your personal friend, or do you have close relations? Might even be family, right? Or what do you get all this information from. Do you have substance somewhere? Please provide. Or maybe it´s just all mixed up in your delusional mind?

25 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Wow! you seem to be very initiated. Is this your personal friend, or do you have close relations? Might even be family, right? Or what do you get all this information from. Do you have substance somewhere? Please provide. Or maybe it´s just all mixed up in your delusional mind?

I suggest reading the news mate. I'm not going to waste my time pointing you in the right direction. It's all been reported in the national press, and here on various forums. And don't make inaccurate and potentially libelous casual enquiries about my links to these cases. I don't have any. But I do have a lot of empathy. Same for a wounded animal, or one caught in a trap. I'm not delusional. And you should know, the word "substance" can have several meanings. If you're suggesting I am taking some form of "substance", the same applies as above.

I recognise, I think, your attempts at humour. Schadenfreude? Is other people's misfortune all just a huge joke to you?