Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

23 minutes ago, transam said:
28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Are you one of those people who feel compelled to say, "Some of my best friends are [insert race here]?

I can, if you like, Mad Mick and Winston, both in their 60's, their  parents from the West Indies, I think, came over in the 60's.

Friends for near 40 years, from the Hotrod car scene....:stoner:

Anything else......

Ah, thought so.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Dealing with differences between people in life is a pleasure and a pain. Familiarity, having a common mindset and spirit with our fellow man, are things we all like to different extents.

If a family from country x moved into your street you likely would not care. If the majority of the street and the local shops suddenly came from Country X you might feel a level of discomfort.

Not due to a perception of the inferiority of those people, but because of a lack of familiarity and a genuine difference in the habits, customs, religions, the unfamiliar atmosphere, even smells, which comes from the lifestyle of the new people. 

If you logged into Aseannow and found suddenly half the members were from Country X, a culture unfamiliar to you, you might resile from it.

Is this racism yet? When does it become racism? 

The issue is often though that the above scenario is not realistic and is often based on an inability to see the big picture.  In reality new immigrants are not hordes, changing the culture irreconcilably, but humans in small numbers relative to the population, who often, over time, take on the existing culture, add to it, work hard, and benefit the country as a whole. 

Big business loves immigrants - more people to compete for jobs, keep wages down, and push demand for their goods and services. Genuine good faith discussions about the downside of population growth, and changes to a culture and lifestyle that result, do not have to be based on prejudice and ignorance.

That last sentence can sound like racism but unless you agree with totally open borders, we can all agree, but to different extents.   

The discussion though can so easily slide into actual racism where we become lazy and stop thinking objectively and are happy to assume, for example, cliches about a people, exaggerating their impact on a society, and willingly assuming that individual bad stories are indicative of the reality of life for the country as a whole.

• Like 2

Just now, ivor bigun said:

look in the British daily newspapers ,just today look at the pictures of crime and violence ,most are black. but not pc to say it . still you will go on calling us racists ,its the nice easy route.

There’s a lot of crime in the UK, by no means all reported in your ‘Daily Newspaper’ of choice.

Or if you want it more bluntly, somebody at your ‘Daly Newspapers(s)’ of choice is selecting which particular crimes they wish you to read about.

To draw sweeping conclusions on the basis of information someone else chose to feed you is rather foolish.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s a lot of crime in the UK, by no means all reported in your ‘Daily Newspaper’ of choice.

Or if you want it more bluntly, somebody at your ‘Daly Newspapers(s)’ of choice is selecting which particular crimes they wish you to read about.

To draw sweeping conclusions on the basis of information someone else chose to feed you is rather foolish.

check the crime figures and the majority of the type of persons in prison.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

11 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

look in the British daily newspapers ,just today look at the pictures of crime and violence ,most are black. but not pc to say it . still you will go on calling us racists ,its the nice easy route.

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/assembly/commission-on-knife-crime-in-black-community

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, roo860 said:

"Furthermore, this Assembly notes that there were some positive findings within the City Hall analysis which shows that all types of serious violence experienced by young people have fallen over the last four years, with knife crime resulting in injury down 36 per cent and under-25 knife crime down 48 per cent, compared to the peak in the twelve months to December 2017. However, every death from violent crime is heart-breaking, devastating families and communities, and we must continue do all we can to tackle the issue."

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You attributed statements to me that I did not make.

Calling you out on that is neither pedantic or boring.

Calling me out. Are you sure you're not wearing blinkers? I might be racist, but I'm not sure. But I certainly wouldn't take any notice of the opinions of the looney left. I don't particularly like blacks, Indians, Chinese, Russians, Muslims, gays or any religious zealots. And that's because, unless I relate to them one on one, they probably don't like me. I'll never be a member of their culture.....and that could apply to Thailand, even when married!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I think you will find that the vast majority of crime is committed by whites by a mile, purely due to demographics (87% white, 7% Asian and 3% black). However, what does stand out is that when one considers the black and asian populations, a higher percentage thereof commit crime, when compared to the percentage of the white population that commit crime (0.096% of the white ppopulation are in prison, 0.14% of the Asian and 0.49% of the black population).    

4 minutes ago, crouchpeter said:

Calling me out. Are you sure you're not wearing blinkers? I might be racist, but I'm not sure. But I certainly wouldn't take any notice of the opinions of the looney left. I don't particularly like blacks, Indians, Chinese, Russians, Muslims, gays or any religious zealots. And that's because, unless I relate to them one on one, they probably don't like me. I'll never be a member of their culture.....and that could apply to Thailand, even when married!

If you make things up and refuse to retract them when the falsehood you have stated is pointed out to you, why then do you think anyone should give credence to your other views?!

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you make things up and refuse to retract them when the falsehood you have stated is pointed out to you, why then do you think anyone should give credence to your other views?!

I can't believe you're still rambling. Amazing stamina. Oh, and boring.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I think you will find that the vast majority of crime is committed by whites by a mile, purely due to demographics (87% white, 7% Asian and 3% black). However, what does stand out is that when one considers the black and asian populations, a higher percentage thereof commit crime, when compared to the percentage of the white population that commit crime (0.096% of the white ppopulation are in prison, 0.14% of the Asian and 0.49% of the black population).    

All well and good until you add in the different treatment of people by the police and criminal Justice system according to their race.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GarryP said:

That is because White people are not arrested or prosecuted for the crimes they commit and Black people are put in jail for nothing , that's why there s disproportionate amount of Black people in jail .

Peaceful protests and Blacks get arrested and jailed , violent riots and Whites don't even get arrested 

• Haha 2

On 9/1/2022 at 3:55 PM, ozimoron said:

No reason at all to be racist. Blind Freddy could see those people were going to raise British born kids. Just like where I come from, the largest population of the town (state capital) was Chinese until WW2. Forty years ago the town mayor was one of those Chinese. The Chinese were the richest demographic in town. After the war the town as flooded by Greek and Italian migrants. The locals disdained them and called them w*gs. Now the town mayor is one of those Greeks as is the state administrator (governor). The Greeks are the richest demographic in town. The town's largest social event of the year is the Glenti festival. One of the Italian kids born in the town became the CEO of Dow Chemical. The second richest demographic is still the Chinese. The new money is the Vietnamese community.

Darwin boy ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is because White people are not arrested or prosecuted for the crimes they commit and Black people are put in jail for nothing , that's why there s disproportionate amount of Black people in jail .

Peaceful protests and Blacks get arrested and jailed , violent riots and Whites don't even get arrested 

Once again, departing from rational discussion.

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I cant believe you even wrote that rubbish

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1