Masks in banks?

SidJames

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

it’ll wear off in a few months.

That's also what they said 6 months ago, and now even 2 months after the government has published in the Royal gazette that masks are voluntarily NATIONWIDE, there are still people who find and excuse.

Just to go by your post.

You went from crowded places, to busy places, and at the end places where you see the staff wearing a mask, to advocate the wearing of one.

As long as those mask advocates are active, it will never wear off.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 5:39 PM, AsianAtHeart said:

Why should their clients put up with this nonsense?  It's not their money, it's MINE that they are holding, and I should have a right to it.  If they do not wish for me to enter their bank, for whatever reason, they must provide an alternative means to return my money to me.

An ATM perhaps?

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some lame guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such inane statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues. 

Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that? 

The phrase "The Ugly Australian" was coined to describe the prevalence of Australian tourists who go to other countries and trample all over local sensitivities.

Why should their clients put up with this nonsense?  It's not their money, it's MINE that they are holding, and I should have a right to it.  If they do not wish for me to enter their bank, for whatever reason, they must provide an alternative means to return my money to me.

They do. It's called an ATM. Or online with a transfer or payment.

Up here in the land of the dead (according to Rooster today) us country bumkins ( as Rooster called us ) find that most locals using public spaces such as banks, shopping malls and shops including 7/11 and Mom & Pop shops,  the local IO, even in the open air markets,  still wear masks and so I do too. Hospitals and medical facilities I believe still compulsory here.. I fairly recently returned to Thailand from France where nobody has sported a mask for many months. Only compulsory there in medical facilities.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 5:43 PM, Crossy said:

Yeah, I was just conveying the facts, I didn't say I agreed with the policy.

No mask and you won't shop in makro or Lotus's's's either.

I just go with the flow, if the majority are using masks I put one on, if not I don't. It does me no harm whatsoever.

Lotus's the other day ,no mask no problem. TMB bank no mask, Kasikorn Bank wouldn't let me in without a mask.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Banks, Supermakets, shopping malls etc while privately owned are public spaces - they are most definitely not considered ‘private areas’ either by the law, or by anyone with common sense. 

As to whether they are considered ‘crowded areas’... that comes down to discretion - If a supermarket is only has 10 people in it, its obviously not crowded, yet at a different time of day it can be extremely busy and crowded.

Whether someone is asked to wear a mask may come down to the store, or even the coincidence of the staff in that store themselves.

It would be somewhat naive of someone to think its ok to not wear a mask in a busy public place like a supermarket just because they were not asked... its quite likely the staff were too shy or too scared to ask, or didn’t know how to approach the foreigner etc...  meanwhile they stood / sat / walked around uncomfortably thinking negatively of said foreigner.... Equally so, they may just not care and like many westerners are already over it. 

I’m going to HomePro today, I’ll take my mask and put it on if the staff are wearing one.

I simply consider that the polite thing to do regardless of my thoughts of...

- Mask wearing itself

- Effectiveness

- Legalities

- My personal agenda

- Want to teach all those around me that they are sheep

- Proving my own independent thought

- Personal protest again being controlled by a government wanting to maintain its grip

- Any other exaggerated rationalisation to justify my position

Its just easier to mask up and its not really hurting anyone...  it’ll wear off in a few months. 

That said: I’d like to see mask wearing on / in public transport continue. 

The few staff at these locations probably have to wear a mask. Why not go by what the majority of customers do?  In most large stores it's easy to distance yourself as well. So why would you need a mask? 

17 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Lotus's the other day ,no mask no problem. TMB bank no mask, Kasikorn Bank wouldn't let me in without a mask.

Fun day. 

Go around the province and see how many people you can irritate by not wearing a mask. 

Edited by MrJ2U

they must provide an alternative means to return my money to me.

ATMs ? they want your money not your germs, dealing with many people on a daily basis, it's not just about covid, coughs, colds, flu and TB which is very prevalent in Thailand. You seem very selfish. 

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

ATMs ? they want your money not your germs, dealing with many people on a daily basis, it's not just about covid, coughs, colds, flu and TB which is very prevalent in Thailand. You seem very selfish. 

Okay.  Say I have borrowed thousands of dollars from you.  Now, because you might have covid/TB/monkey pox/cancer/whatever, I won't give it back.  Fair?  Should the government also support this treatment?

The masks are only one step in the process.  In some bank branches, the vaccine has been required.  This will progress to other requirements in the future.  At some point, you or I may not wish to comply, for the requirements have crossed a line.  I'm drawing my lines a little earlier than some, perhaps, but it is a matter of principle. 

• Haha 1

why are there A T M machines?????

7 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

so get account where you can use a card........

He can't, he refuses to wear a mask for the 10 minutes he will be sitting down in an air-conditioned bank

Oh the horror ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

I wonder how many banks throughout the world have been robbed so easily throughout this pandemic because everyone is wearing masks, and anyone caught on camera anywhere in stores or in the street will not be recognised, it won't take long for criminals to change their clothing.

What I am saying is all this mask wearing must be a haven for criminals, and yet I have not read of anyone committing any crimes and getting away with it because everyone is wearing masks.

Is the crime statistics deliberately being kept quiet? I mean in general throughout the world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, alex8912 said:

And in most of the world no one is wearing masks in banks , malls , supermarkets and thousands of flights everyday. With absolutely no huge outbreaks. Amazing. 

They're bloody paranoid,  they'll be wearing masks forever in Thailand.

39 minutes ago, roo860 said:

They're bloody paranoid,  they'll be wearing masks forever in Thailand.

Seems to be a fashion accessory now for most; gold ring, necklace, bracelet, phone, amulet, sanitizer, mask ..

...OK I'm ready

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, khunPer said:
19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The front ‘public area’  of bank is a public space not a private space. 

If it's in a shopping mall, it's also private...????

No its not... Look up the law. 

This argument came up recently about the car-park at a shopping mall. That is also a public area. 

Any area designated for public access is a public space - the front area of a bank, inside supermarket, a shopping mall, a restaurant, a bar... They may be privately owned, but they have ‘designated public spaces’....