OK to buy a Chevrolet Pickup?

CrossBones

I am interested to buy  chevvy pickup

Maybe this. Are they any good?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/756052425624468/

Am I right in thinking that Chevrolet have shut down in Thailand now? Is that any  reason not  to buy a used model? I think many of the parts are shared with ford or isuzu?

Thanks

Just now, CrossBones said:

if its a used truck out of service warrantee, what is the issue? Chevrolet have been selling trucks here for many years, surely its not hard to find a mechanic. - sorry im not saying you are wrong just want to know why the dealer service is so important on a 4 year old truck'

Are parts for 2019 model colorado hard to find?

5 minutes ago, steve187 said:

you buy which brand you want, something you like according to your budget, too many posters on here push Toyota all the time, i think when chevvy pulled out of Thailand they committed to suppling parts for a number of years, lots of parts for vehicle in Thailand are supplied by companies other than the manufacture, the  pickup brands in Thailand are Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Tata, MG, Isuzu, to listen to some posters on here all others apart from Toyota are falling to pieces, worthless, or sitting around not being repaired due to mechanics not knowing how to fix them

I bought a Mitsubishi Triton pick up new 7 years ago and it has been faultless over the 70,00Km i have driven it

Triton is a good budget car and Mitsubushi is Great on service and Quality. Got one myself

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrossBones said:

if its a used truck out of service warrantee, what is the issue? Chevrolet have been selling trucks here for many years, surely its not hard to find a mechanic. - sorry im not saying you are wrong just want to know why the dealer service is so important on a 4 year old truck'

Your right nothing to worry about they are a very cheap good truck to buy because people on forums usually know very little about motors. 

Parts will be available and workshops are available via Zigwheels and internet list workshop places near where you live.

People I know go with their Chevi truck to our local Cockpit outlet.

I have seen Chevy cars and SUV's at Cockpit being serviced when I take my Isuzu truck.

Here's another if you want to do things yourself.
https://gpautoparts.co.th/en/chevrolet-genuine-parts-2

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CrossBones said:

It's not. If you can find a good mechanic, a Chevvy should be no problem. They are reasonably robust, if somewhat agricultural.

Dealer service is usually more expensive, and some employ low-cost, inexperienced labor to assist the bottom line of the dealership.

I have an independent mechanic servicing a 3 yo Mazda 2, keeps it running like a Swiss watch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CrossBones said:

I am interested to buy  chevvy pickup

Maybe this. Are they any good?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/756052425624468/

You're considering buying an obviously modified used one?   If you are, I'd be more concerned about the quality of the mods, the ride and the subsequent difficulty of moving it on after you've had enough of it than whether it was "any good" when it came from the factory.

22 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The parts situation for Chevrolet is dire, some parts cannot even be ordered and have to be sourced second hand.  I would avoid Chevrolet like the plague.

That's scaremongering rubbish I have 2 friends in the village that would say you don't know where to get them serviced or get spare if they need them. 

• Like 2

Any shop such as Cockpit will be able to do basic service and maintenance . Spare parts such as Oil/Air Filters , wiper blades, brake pads can still be sourced OEM, and aftermarket. Any other hard parts that might be needed, can be ordered from the states via amazon, and Rock Auto. Will usually take about 2 to 3 weeks. Being model year 2019, it will be quite a while before any major work will be needed. The only issue on parts would be if the vehicle was involved in accident and needed body parts, Most likely the shops in Bangkok would have used parts. 

Any decent mechanic with a good diagnostic tool, AKA computer will be able to troubleshoot driveabilty issues, and parts such as map sensors,  idle air motor, and other sensors can be ordered  via Rock Auto via the states. I would even suggest you maybe even buy your own diagnostic tool, they not that expensive and easy to use , just plug the cable into the 16 pin connecter under the dash, and follow the screen prompts. Even a basic tool with give you codes and point you and your mechanic in the right direction. I used to be a aircraft mechanic and car mechanic in the states, and brought some of my more higher end diagnostic tools with me to check on my on vehicles. 

The model you are looking at , has no major recalls or safety issues listed on the websites in the states. 

Bottom line, if you like it, buy it , it's a good looking truck and would be fun to drive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

for a Colorado ? Climate Control Module 74.00 USD  in stock 

8 year old Colorado LTZ air conditioning control unit, not available to order through dealer channel in Chiang Rai.  My friend’s car, he had to source a 2nd hand part. I think you will find it is not actually in stock. 

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

8 year old Colorado LTZ air conditioning control unit, not available to order through dealer channel in Chiang Rai.  My friend’s car, he had to source a 2nd hand part. I think you will find it is not actually in stock. 

Wont be made by Chevrolet.

Need to find decent spare parts store.

• Thumbs Up 1