Do you ever think about the family that left you behind

steven100

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Do you ever think about your dead relatives ?

just curious if you think about that also ..... 

Sometimes a dead person, relative or not, comes to my mind. Maybe I remember some good times together or something I learned from that person, or maybe how annoying that person was.

And then I continue with life.

Life is changing all the time. Some people die, some people are just not in our life anymore, and we meet new people.

It's up to us to make the best out of our lives and any situation.

Stagnation won't bring happiness. Life does change - it doesn't matter if we want that or not.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

now where's that damn laughing emoji ....   

I was thinking the same, me, late 50's and wife, early 50's and starting a family 5555555555555555

We have 2 dogs (thinking of adopting another one) and they are already a handful ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, redsongthaew said:

It's never too late to start your own family.

When you have a baby screaming at you then you won't have time to think of the past.

My youngest baby is now 18 here in Thailand. My oldest baby is 44, married with a wife I have never met, and a son and daughter of his own, who I have never met either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Similarly I hzve an 8 yr old grandchild we take care of, never thought Id be doing that again at this time of life ! Great when you get to hand them back though ???? 

but an 8 yr old wouldn't be too bad,  just give him a mobile with ROV ( GAME )  and 100 baht, and send to the shop ...   hahaha ....   he'd be  happy. 

Edited by steven100

24 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The recent Queens death etc triggered memories of my Mothers death

yes .... and when I played a few songs that mum liked,  such as Freddie fenda,  Demis Rousos, Nana Maskui .....  I get nostalgic, my eye's get teary ... hahaha ...  and after i'm fine. 

• Like 1

To be honest ,i have a son here and a wonderful wife ,my daughter and i talk every day on the phone ,i think about my gran and gramps fondly sometimes as i do my uncles ,we were close when i was young ,but they passed so long ago,my daughter comes out here yearly with my grandaughters and her husband ,but as i get older i realize soon it will be me they are remembering.