Suspect Arrested In Death Of Kyrgyz Woman

webfact

image.jpeg

TNR Staff

ONE OF three Chinese suspects being chased after a Kyrgyz woman who had filed a complaint of having been forced into prostitution plunged to her death from the seventh floor of a luxury condominium in Pattaya yesterday was arrested in Bangkok Saturday (Sept. 17), Thai Rath newspaper said.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Thitawat Suriyachai, chief of the Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau’s Sub-Bureau 4 acting in his capacity as head of women and children sexual abuse unit, said Ms. Anara Seitaleva, 30, had on Sept. 13, three days before her death, told police that she was being chased by a Chinese gang after escaping from forced prostitution in Pattaya and Bangkok.

Investigation uncovered several clues indicating that what she had said was true.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/09/17/suspect-arrested-in-death-of-kyrgyz-woman/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-09-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Ms. Anara Seitaleva, 30, had on Sept. 13, three days before her death, told police that she was being chased by a Chinese gang after escaping from forced prostitution in Pattaya and Bangkok.

Who did nothing until she died.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol. Maj. Gen. Thitawat Suriyachai, chief of the Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau’s Sub-Bureau 4 acting in his capacity as head of women and children sexual abuse unit

This may appear to be off topic but why are there no female generals in charge of female and child sexual abuse? Isn't it a no brainer?

Please, no jokes about police brains. 

• Like 1

My guess is there are a few more victims of this gang who have not been identified yet. 3 people to control just the 1 prostitute doesn't seem right. The gang seem to be long term (property owners). Immigration need to check on their cross-border movements and travel companions....

Human trafficking in Thailand  has already been exposed as being aided and organized with the cooperation and assistance of the RTP on the highest levels.

As usual, the messenger was punished, and the message was put to rest.

1st link is an article, 2nd is an excellent documentary where the cop who exposed them - living in exile -  goes public for the first time after the incident.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/story-of-thai-policeman-in-exile-and-victims-of-human-trafficking-revealed-in-parliament/

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/101-east/2022/4/21/thailands-fearless-cop

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Very sad story she goes to Police for assistance or help and they do absolutely nothing TIT

Sad, but nothing new.

I remember the story of the Karen girl who went to the police and the police brought her back to the people who poored hot water over her.

And the Rohingya people locked up on an island somewhere in the south controlled by the army.

This is Thailand.

If you seek real help, don't count on the police or the military.

Happens all over. Forced prostitution of smuggled women rife in the UK and US to name but a few countries, and the same reports of police inaction. In the UK there is a litany of reports shaming the police for failing to take action over child sex grooming gangs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

It's just goes to show easy it is, still, so smuggle people in and run a criminal activities right under the noses of Pattaya's finest...

Pattaya's finest? What on earth has this got to do with the 8 p.m. shift change at the TQ on Beach?

On 9/19/2022 at 10:15 AM, hotchilli said:
On 9/19/2022 at 4:21 AM, webfact said:

Ms. Anara Seitaleva, 30, had on Sept. 13, three days before her death, told police that she was being chased by a Chinese gang after escaping from forced prostitution in Pattaya and Bangkok.

Who did nothing until she died.

Except that this was the rest of that sentence that you omitted...

"Investigation uncovered several clues indicating that what she had said was true.

The three suspects were identified as Mr. Nin Wan Su, 48, from Hong Kong, Ms. Song Sian Li, 32, and Ms. Rou li, 27, with the latter two being from China". 

38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that is not the case and that did not happen in this case, read the link.

Don't tell me , tell Fishman1 ,  I just responded to his post , not the story , will you actually admit you got it wrong on this one. You usually put a confused emoji on , now you just jump on and tell everybody they are wrong. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NE1 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that is not the case and that did not happen in this case, read the link.

Don't tell me , tell Fishman1 ,  I just responded to his post , not the story ,

You asked a question suggesting 90% of the population have their case ignored by the RTP...on a forum...I responded that was not the case, particularly in this instance.  I was correct.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You asked a question suggesting 90% of the population have their case ignored by the RTP...on a forum...I responded that was not the case, particularly in this instance.  I was correct.

So a single case tells you the stats of the Police....I don't think so. So you are not correct , it is your opinion , which does not automatically make you correct.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NE1 said:
21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So a single case tells you the stats of the Police....I don't think so

So a single case tells you the stats of the police?   I don't think so!    I'd suggest, though, that for you to assert that 90% of reported criminal cases do not get any police attention is ridiculous.   I'm ready with the humble pie if you've got stats, though.

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So a single case tells you the stats of the police?   I don't think so!    I'd suggest, though, that for you to assert that 90% of reported criminal cases do not get any police attention is ridiculous.   I'm ready with the humble pie if you've got stats, though.

I didn't assert that 90% of reported criminal cases do not get any police attention . As you already stated , I asked a question.....Please read your own posts before replying.....Do try to keep up