Jump to content

How bad is mosquito bite in Bangkok?


topswijaya
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

No malaria but check if dengue is in your area, either way low risk

Dengue can be a killer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

No malaria but check if dengue is in your area, either way low risk

I haven't heard of Dengue fever in Bangkok, mostly in the jungle areas that is present

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, warrima said:

 100% can get in Bangkok. SIL did last year. "In 2018 alone, there were 5,899  cases of dengue fever reported in Bangkok"

Contracted from location outside of Bangkok. Malaria can take up to 1 year before it comes out. I had Malaria but it wasnt active in me for several months after returning from Indonesia.

Edited by Photoguy21
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Contracted from location outside of Bangkok. Malaria can take up to 1 year before it comes out. I had Malaria but it wasnt active in me for several months after returning from Indonesia.

She works in a gold shop in Bang Na. Has not been anywhere in years - except for once a month coming into see her sister all the way in Onnut LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, warrima said:

She works in a gold shop in Bang Na. Has not been anywhere in years - except for once a month coming into see her sister all the way in Onnut LOL

I suggest before trying to be clever you read up on such things. Of course it is not impossible but it is not a common occurrence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, certain mosquitos, during the daytime can be bad. 

A certain breed of mosquito carries dengue fever and they usually only bit during daytime. Identifiable by unique black coloring and white bands

dengue mosquito, dengue fever, How to identify a dengue mosquito, dengue mosquito name, dengue mosquito size, dengue mosquito facts, dengue mosquito pics, dengue mosquito colour

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure where you get this from but malaria is an infectious disease caused by a parasite, while dengue is a viral infection. One is not a combination of the other. The only thing they have in common is mosquito transmission.

Dengue can be fatal if/when you develop a complication called dengue hemorrhagic fever, nothing to do with malaria.

That's what got and forgot how to spell it.

No. 2 to experience it and describe it is not nice. 

 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I haven't heard of Dengue fever in Bangkok, mostly in the jungle areas that is present

Dengue in Pattaya so I'd be surprised if it isn't in Bangkok somewhere

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, certain mosquitos, during the daytime can be bad. 

A certain breed of mosquito carries dengue fever and they usually only bit during daytime. Identifiable by unique black coloring and white bands

dengue mosquito, dengue fever, How to identify a dengue mosquito, dengue mosquito name, dengue mosquito size, dengue mosquito facts, dengue mosquito pics, dengue mosquito colour

The Aeades Aegypti mozzie.... utterly nasty [email protected]$tards..... 

 

... Notably bad at behind the tree line in Koh Samet and Koh Chang...  in late afternoon they seem to attack relentlessly like something out of a Jumanji (movie) - even mozzie repellant doesn’t do the full job... long loose clothing !! 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Dengue in Pattaya so I'd be surprised if it isn't in Bangkok somewhere

It can be caught in Bangkok....   towards the end of rainy season when there is plenty of pooled water, perfect breeding ground for mozzies....  

 

We usually get a warning from my Sons school about Dengue and are advised to apply repellant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, this is a funny topic.... You have oen guy come in here and write numerous posts all completely and utterly wrong which can be checked and verified within 1 minute on google.... just have to laugh why some posters bother.... do they not know they are talking complete nonsense....

Please clarify @Photoguy21

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It can be caught in Bangkok....   towards the end of rainy season when there is plenty of pooled water, perfect breeding ground for mozzies....  

 

We usually get a warning from my Sons school about Dengue and are advised to apply repellant.

Crafty mozzies, will happily hide out in the condo until it's the time of the month where they decide to bite

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

When you post something outrageously stupid - you really need to put an emoticon after the comment (i.e. 🙃 implying you are being sarcastic) - otherwise some may believe you actually believe such stuff.... 

Well l'm not sure what your on about but after uncontrollable vomiting of blood and writhing with extreme aching pains I did die at the early stages and a paramedic guy who I still see about brought me back to life before they were able to electrocute me with those iron thingys.

The funny thing was I  remember vividly my wife shouting the first words I heard coming back she was shouting several times my name saying you can't leave me come back, come back.

I replied apparently OK stop shouting I ain't going anywhere. 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You don't have to tell me I got Dengue in Sukhothai where I live and almost died.

 

The doctor said I was lucky because I had contracted Dengue2 the worse strain apparently but he said one good thing is you have immunity because you survived. 😂

 

I would say it was the most nastiest virus experienced I have ever had in my life. 

 

Maybe you did get it but it isnt prevalent in urban areas. I wont tell you what you had and to be honest I couldnt care what you had. But kindly keep the self righteous attitude to yourself, no one is interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Dengue in Pattaya so I'd be surprised if it isn't in Bangkok somewhere

Yep. A common misconception that mosquito transmitted stuff is limited to "the jungle". There is a reason why Singapore has very rogue checks on mosquitoe breeding spots, open water etc.
The problem with the densely populated areas is transfer of infected blood from one person to another by the mosquitoes. So making it kind of "contagious" disease.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Maybe you did get it but it isnt prevalent in urban areas. I wont tell you what you had and to be honest I couldnt care what you had. But kindly keep the self righteous attitude to yourself, no one is interested.

OK funny guy I'm not the one vilifing you for being wrong just informing you I have had the fever and it's a virus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...