Drinking on an empty stomach is NEVER a good idea.

bob smith

Being an alcoholic is not a good idea either, and with a 10 am start IMO you fit the description.

I have yet to see an alcoholic here that died peacefully, I remember one who spent his last 6 months s##tting blood, before he committed suicide.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3391950/

As they say, up to you.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bob smith said:

yep. im a grown man, i no the dangers.

tbh im just not bothered.

thanks for your concern thoguh.

The intro, some would debate on for a very long time. After that, you said in your initial post, that you came home and started thinking about what you are doing with your life. Some people might consider that as you were a little bit bothered, or was that just a lunatic thought under influence?

However, my advice to you is to admit your problem, as a person who don´t have any do not put themselves in such position you did. Maybe take a few days of the booze and really take a long thought about what you do with your life in a sober state.

25 minutes ago, bob smith said:

i tried sobriety once. it was the worst 5 minutes of my life.

drinking is a social thing until its not.

i very rarely get into the state i was in last night.

maybe once or twice a year tops. normally i just have a couple quiet drinks of an evening.

i dont consider it to be a problem.

When I first retired here I  was on holiday for about 2 years.

Your post reminds me there was a post years ago by a member posting if your are drinking in Thailand at 8o/c in the morning you have a serious drinking problem. 

Another poster posted is 9 o/c OK.  ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

starting drinking around 10am

If you are around the age of 21......I can understand.

Over 25, and I must tell you lad that it's time to grow up.  maturity is hard.  self-discipline is hard.  facing fears unmedicated is hard.  but you must try, try for the love of Pattaya!!!!!

It will be 10 in about 30 minutes....do you have your shot glasses lined up.  Oh!!!!!!!  there is help.  you can beat this devil of alcohol.  I will have one beer a year......and never at 10 a.m.

Just now, CharlieH said:

I often wonder what happened to people that they end up in the latter part of their life ......alone and drunk, and absolutely dont care that they are either. 

I just think thats a sad state to be in.

Look no further, that's me......................:burp:....................????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Look no further, that's me......................:burp:....................????

I know for a fact you are NOT  alone ! you are also well known in your area, if anything happened to you they would know exactly who to get.

Tell me Im wrong? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

when i was a kid growing up everyone in my family enjoyed a drink, most still do.

it's only the boring ones who dont.

the fact is when you are sober and everyone else is having a drink you are a BORE!.

Nothing wrong in having a drink, dont think anyone is complaining at that fact, its when you take it too far and too often its a concern, not only for the drinker but the people around them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

starting drinking around 10am

Woah....  This thread is a dog whistle to the ‘everyone else who drinks much be an alco’ brigade !!!

Aseannow - never disappoints !! 

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Being an alcoholic is not a good idea either, and with a 10 am start IMO you fit the description.

1 hour ago, Sqoop said:

The first step is to admit there is a problem and want to change. Maybe give up the booze for a while and start an exercise regime. 

1 hour ago, 2baht said:

Bob, you need a serious assessment of what you're doing with your life, rehab may be the answer!

39 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

you can beat this devil of alcohol.  I will have one beer a year......and never at 10 a.m.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Nothing wrong in having a drink, dont think anyone is complaining at that fact, its when you take it too far and too often its a concern, not only for the drinker but the people around them.

not only for the drinker but the people around them.

Spot on Charlie.

I was an absolute party animal but I gave it all up because I learned that I was hurting my closest.

However, my life didn't become boring, at parties now I enjoy a smoke while watching the sots around me making fools of themselves, while hurting their closest.

Stopping drinking also helped me to mature and gave my marriage a new lease of life.

I don't think that the OP has a drinking problem.

I think that he is a sad person and is just after attention.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Woah....  This thread is a dog whistle to the ‘everyone else who drinks much be an alco’ brigade !!!

Aseannow - never disappoints !! 

The OP did clarify 10 am was a one-off event, not to be repeated.

What conclusion would you draw from his initial description?