Auto start feature in MUX

EVENKEEL

So I got a new MUX and has the feature where at a complete stop the engine turns off and restarts when apply accelerator. I really hate that and am able to turn that off.

To me it's unnecessary wear on battery and a safety issue. What say the auto enthusiasts?

I'm not a great enthusiast either, although I don't see it as much of a safety hazard, it's an increasingly common "feature" on modern vehicles and of course hybrids do it all the time.

That said.

In the >5 years we've had our Mu-X (which has auto-start) I've never managed to make it actually stop the engine. Even deliberately trying to make it activate.

The list of things which prevent the engine from stopping is quite extensive and includes the A/C compressor and whilst I don't have it set to "Arctic" the A/C does tend to be turned on :whistling:

There's a switch on the dash to turn off the facility anyway.

Now if I could turn off the automatic door locking I would. In the UK always liked to drive with my door unlocked, secure in the knowledge that if I wrapped it round a tree someone will be able to open the door and get me out. I know the doors are supposed to unlock when the airbags deploy but that's one more thing to fail. But in modern times the risk of somebody carjacking possibly negates that desire.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I'm not a great enthusiast either, although I don't see it as much of a safety hazard, it's an increasingly common "feature" on modern vehicles and of course hybrids do it all the time.

That said.

In the >5 years we've had our Mu-X (which has auto-start) I've never managed to make it actually stop the engine. Even deliberately trying to make it activate.

The list of things which prevent the engine from stopping is quite extensive and includes the A/C compressor and whilst I don't have it set to "Arctic" the A/C does tend to be turned on :whistling:

There's a switch on the dash to turn off the facility anyway.

Now if I could turn off the automatic door locking I would. In the UK always liked to drive with my door unlocked, secure in the knowledge that if I wrapped it round a tree someone will be able to open the door and get me out. I know the doors are supposed to unlock when the airbags deploy but that's one more thing to fail. But in modern times the risk of somebody carjacking possibly negates that desire.

My engine shuts off without fail every time I come to a complete stop. Every time I start engine I'm able to turn off that feature with a switch located to left of gear shifter. 

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

My engine shuts off without fail every time I come to a complete stop. Every time I start engine I'm able to turn off that feature with a switch located to left of gear shifter. 

Interesting, I wonder if ours is busted or was disabled by the dealer, not that I'm complaining.

My 5-year-old Tuna has that feature. I just turn it off every time I start it, used to be a pain in the butt but after a while you get used to just pressing the start button and moving you finger down a bit to the disabled button and forget it. Toyota don't fit it anymore due to people complaining. It's B/S anyway.