Biden’s nuclear warning not based on new intelligence but opens a window into real worries inside the White House

Scott

image.png

President Joe Biden’s stark warning Thursday night that the world faces the highest prospect of nuclear war in 60 years was not based on any new intelligence about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s intentions or changes in Russia’s nuclear posture, multiple US officials told CNN.

The US still has seen no evidence that Putin is moving toward using Russia’s nuclear capability, nor is there any intelligence showing he’s decided to do so. But Biden’s comments – laid out in starker terms than other US officials have used to date – reflected heightened concerns inside his administration about the risk of Russia carrying out a nuclear strike in Ukraine, where Russian forces have recently faced a string of defeats.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/07/politics/joe-biden-nuclear-weapons-russia-vladimir-putin/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

25 minutes ago, wombat said:

Biden hustling Lend Lease contracts while the WH worries about a nuclear escalation.

do I really have to post about the elephant in the room that even blind Freddy can see?

Are you promoting a Wag the Dog scenario...God forbid.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, wombat said:

Biden hustling Lend Lease contracts while the WH worries about a nuclear escalation.

do I really have to post about the elephant in the room that even blind Freddy can see?

Yes please, my eyesight must be off kilter today. 

Biden’s nuclear warning not based on new intelligence

So Big Man Vlad is rattling the nuclear sabre, and Ol' Joe puts out the word the US defenses are going back to Cuban Missile Crisis alert.  Perhaps Vlad was expecting panic in the US, and this is Joe's way of saying "we're not going to be hiding under our beds."

Perhaps the looming threat this time is that a certain former president of the US (the orange one) has supplied the Russians with what was supposed to be confidential military information that will compromise the country's defenses.  Putin has an "America First" plan that is quite different than the GOP one. 

I'm curious if DT has some sort of fallout shelter (bunker) somewhere.  It's pretty obvious DT will not stand up to Vlad.

image.jpeg.b7aaf35f0311aaaf3e38ff5499a113c6.jpeg

• Like 2