Poll shows most Thais unable to earn enough to make ends meet

snoop1130

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

Maybe if we walked a mile in their shoes we would have a better understanding of their lives.

walk a mile in anyone's shoes you mean right ? life's struggles come in so many forms. not just monetary. 

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Amazes me.

One kilo of raw chicken wings from Tesco's was 440 baht.  A day and half wages.  

In the US the same Kilogram of wings would be around 260 baht.  

Huge problem having two families own Tesco's, Big C, Makros, and 7/11.

Total monopoly. 

Something I have noticed and commented on (and I am sure many others).  Also lack of specials as well (compared to where I am from).  

Drill down to the products sold too and you notice limited variety on the shelves for various in-demand products (monopolies of certain companies allowed to sell in supermarkets and reduced competition).  I am used to a lot of variety of choices. 

At least there is the option for fresh produce at local markets supermarkets and the discount variety shops that are cheaper than supermarkets.  

8 hours ago, stoner said:

walk a mile in anyone's shoes you mean right ? life's struggles come in so many forms. not just monetary. 

I am talking about the topic here. That 'most Thais cannot make ends meet'. It's in big letters at the top of the page. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Like marrying a rich guy

So you equate those marrying a foreigner as also being a prostitute.  You sure have fallen from the stool you sit on and hit your head I think.  So negative in your views lately.  Marrying someone above there status in life, be it a female or a male will increase the amount available, but in the end it is a facet of life where people for years have married for money.

Well no s**t. Why did they even need to run a poll to see this. Just go to any village in Thailand and see how most of the people there live. 
Basically almost live as hunter gatherings getting some shrub branches here and insects there, rice paddy crabs and snails. 
but like someone said they still find money to buy the lottery number they dream about and you forgot about buying Lao Khao. That’s an important one 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Caldera said:

As long as Thais with a monthly income of 20,000 baht choose to buy the latest iPhone for 40,000 baht, their salary will never be enough.

Yes, FACE is one of their greatest expenses!

Edited by 2baht
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1