Interior ministry and police force declare war on drugs

webfact

7 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

What is this?   Why not to be produced by today?  or last month?  or yesterday?  or next week?   and were they NOT on a list last month, before the killings?

It's a step forward, but I'm not sure how many steps were taking back before this amazing announcement.

go get them!!!!!!  hopefully before Oct. 31 .                 

By the end of the years it'll be forgotten.

The police and army are the supplier's and aren't going to close there very lucrative business down. 

“Interior ministry and police force declare war on drugs”

Yeah, right, and kill the goose that lays the golden eggs? Not in a million years. Both police and army make way too much money with the drugs trade, so maybe they will make some token busts, as per usual, but other than that I wouldn’t hold my breath.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Best to legalize them and tax them. 

Disagree strongly ,Ya ba ( Thai language for speed,meth) is a curse world wide ! Meth, cocaine and heroin have destroyed cultures imop

People who deal and make it should be dealt with . Singaporean laws come to mind. Imop

• Like 1

Drugs are wreaking havoc on Thailands families. Something has to be done. You can see the addicts everywhere, especially in tourist zones where there are higher bidders.  It’s been a huge problem since I can remember, when I was in Phuket many years back y’a ba was everywhere. Even with taxis and tuc tucs . Drugs ruin families, relationships, childrens  home lives suffer , and as we’ve seen this week in Buriram, kills them too. The government has left this very late to reduce/ stop it , cheap factories producing tons of dangerous stuff are everywhere around the Thai borders. Anyone can buy it, kids , adults it’s that cheap. 
while they’re at war, maybe have a look at the alcohol problem in their ranks.

18 minutes ago, riclag said:

Disagree strongly ,Ya ba ( Thai language for speed,meth) is a curse world wide ! Meth, cocaine and heroin have destroyed cultures imop

People who deal and make it should be dealt with . Singaporean laws come to mind. Imop

But not the death sentence !!!!!

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The police usually sell drugs, or protect those that do.  This is the right step forward. The corruption within the Police can't be changed easily or quickly.

I agree with what you say but this new ' war ' is just tosh to deflect from the real issues.

A few bottom feeders will be rounded up and paraded to the media , nothing of note will be achieved.

The corruption will continue to flourish because there is not the least intention of stopping it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ed strong said:

Unfortunately Thailand's drugs / pills are just recycled through the system on a continuous loop. it will take some time for that link to do be withdrawn.

America started a war on drugs 30 years ago and now there's more drugs available then ever.

More like 50 years ago. The 'War on Drugs' slogan dates back to Richard Nixon.

• Like 1

Sigh! When will they ever learn?! 

The war on drugs can't be won as has been demonstrated by numerous countries decade after decade! All it does is put a temporary dent in the supply and waste a <deleted>load of tax money! 

Legalization is the only way to go!

Edited by pacovl46

16 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

What is this?   Why not to be produced by today?  or last month?  or yesterday?  or next week?   and were they NOT on a list last month, before the killings?

It's a step forward, but I'm not sure how many steps were taking back before this amazing announcement.

go get them!!!!!!  hopefully before Oct. 31 .                 

RTP and Army should already be in 'the know'. Dig out former premier TS's 'How to Do' plan if not sure.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

In response to the prime minister ordering a sweeping anti-narcotics effort by all agencies, the interior ministry and the police force have declared a war on drugs.

Self imprisonment and revenue cut, that's not going to go down well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1