6 months to live what would you do?

Sparktrader

20 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I had thought that you might have said that religion has been the scam of the centuries. 

Why limit your scorn to the belief in being frozen?

While "modern" people scorn religion, if not for it humans would never have developed as a species. Humans need leaders and people that became leaders because they could kill more people than someone else didn't make good leaders. The intelligent people went into the church and developed art, writing, books, and health care etc.

It was a product of it's time, whether we believe in it now, or not.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have never been a couch potato. I have always exercised, but have amped up somewhat since 2021. Never dieted prior to 2022, ate everything.

Exercise - stretching and mild cardio (Youtube ) in the morning, climb 12 flights of stairs.

Swimming before lunch, golf 2-3 times a week.

Afternoon 15 minutes of cardio ( again Youtube ) with 1.5 kg dumbbells.

Diet- No packaged food. No snacks. One slice of whole grain bread for breakfast, two poached eggs, fruit and plain yoghurt.

Limit sugar as much as possible. Can't avoid it in fruit. Gave up orange juice, cakes and ice-cream. Absolutely no beer, a couple of Sangsom rums once a week. Two coffees a day.

I have two small squares of Lindt 99% cocoa chocolate a day.

No potato, carrot, rice, noodles or pasta. Cucumber, tomato, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, bamboo and beans are all good. Olives, macadamias, avocado and mushrooms ditto. My general rule is most things growing above ground are good for me, anything below ground is not.

Modest daily protein intake, 200 grams of any meat or fish I want.

I eat as much Brie, Camembert, vintage cheddar and cottage cheese as I want.

The diet principle is training my body to burn fat instead of sugar. It's not a full keto diet, more reduced carbohydrate.

Apart from weight loss, my waist size has gone from 40 cm to 37 cm.

I can now afford to break the diet twice a week with fish and chips, or bangers and mash.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd hate to live like that, and I mean really hate. I gave up cakes and most sugary snacks because of diabetes, but if not for that I'd still be munching on the sweets large.

To me that would be just not worth it, but I guess it's worth it to you.

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My mother never saw doctors, ate healthy, was into all the new age stuff. Lost a leg to diabetes and died not long after.

Is that what you mean?

@Sparktrader

Did you think it was funny that my mother died of diabetes? You put a laugh emoji on the post that said she did.

Says much about you as a person.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:01 PM, scorecard said:

I would spend only a tiny amount of the $10,000 to preserve as much as possible into the education fund I've created, years ago, for my 3 Thai grandchildren. 

No new cars, no new clothes, no new anything. Not needed.

And my Thai sons knows that my cemation must be on a strict small budget.

Why? To  preserve as much as possible into the education fund I've created, years ago, for my 3 Thai grandchildren. 

Count yourself lucky you have someone you care about in your life. Treasure beyond price. I'd leave nothing if I could because I have no one I care about that much.

My wife was my last chance, and that didn't work out very well.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

@Sparktrader

Did you think it was funny that my mother died of diabetes? You put a laugh emoji on the post that said she did.

Says much about you as a person.

Not at all. My mum died young. I have no idea what a new age diet is. I think you are imagining things based on emojis.

19 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Not at all. My mum died young. I have no idea what a new age diet is. I think you are imagining things based on emojis.

Consider not putting laugh emojis on posts that shouldn't have one, or you will be accused of being inappropriate, whatever the reason for the emoji.

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Start hitting ???? hard‼️

Go on a Galapagos Islands adventure. 

Do alot of "caving".

Really change some people's lives with my money.

Will prob still do most/all of these regardless. :coffee1:

10k USD? Hm 

• Haha 1

I shouldn’t be amazed by what people post on this form but one thing for sure if I had six months to live I would not be wasting any time posting on this form to ask peoples advice about what I should do for my last six months to live bro get a life don’t waste your time asking other people’s opinion what does it matter amazing TIT

14 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I shouldn’t be amazed by what people post on this form but one thing for sure if I had six months to live I would not be wasting any time posting on this form to ask peoples advice about what I should do for my last six months to live bro get a life don’t waste your time asking other people’s opinion what does it matter amazing TIT

LOL. Anybody posting on here is IMO highly unlikely to be actually in that situation.

Has this thread been going on for 7 months??????!?!?!?!

Give all 10,000 away immediately.  See if you can really survive starting with zero.  Challenge yourself.   As they say, God will never give you more than you can handle  --  which I wonder about when someone gets shot and dies.   lol.    No worries, we are in Buddhaland.... become a monk, find enlightenment in a few months and then spread the word to America : not many buddhists there.   Become a legend..............movies will be made about you.

or, change your name, go to Pattaya and spend it all on night workers without ever getting a shower or brushing your teeth.  lol

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What things would be on it?

My first would be to go to Africa and see animals in the wild. I love horseracing/football, one of the best holidays I had was horseracing in Ireland, the Irish know how to enjoy themselves and are very welcoming, I would have another. Go around studs and see the foals also horseracing fixtures Go to football matches especially my home team.

• Love It 1