Thai/British teen "selling sex for 500 baht a time" at rich man's house - mum calls for her return

webfact

38 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I'm not in any way arguing that this is moral for someone to do, It is NOT.

but this is an argument against what somoene else said is not human nature.

It was only 120 years ago that humans in the most civilized societies had a life exptectancy to age 40.

It was normal and quite natural for females to be married at 12 and be birthing at age 13 or 14.  If we did not do that as a species for 1000's of years we  wouldn't have survived.  Especially since the younger you are the more easily you bounce back, and the more you children you can have (to beat the odds of many kinds of early death).

It's only since distribution of food and medicine have we been able to extend our lives and view those ages as strictly children in the microscope of today's exptected life expectancy of near 80.

Taking out 10'000's of years of human nature takes a little time.  Even in the 50's it was ok to marry a girl in her mid teens.   Remember, this in the terms of the macro sense has been but a blink of an eye.

Biological food for thought

This story is about Child prostitution though and older men paying Children for sex , this story isn't about the historic survival of the Human race .

14 year olds may have gotton married and had Children in the past hundreds of years ago  , that doesn't mean thats its acceptable to pay Children for sex in year 2022

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

It was only 120 years ago that humans in the most civilized societies had a life exptectancy to age 40.

It was normal and quite natural for females to be married at 12 and be birthing at age 13 or 14.  If we did not do that as a species for 1000's of years we  wouldn't have survived.  Especially since the younger you are the more easily you bounce back, and the more you children you can have (to beat the odds of many kinds of early death).

It's only since distribution of food and medicine have we been able to extend our lives and view those ages as strictly children in the microscope of today's exptected life expectancy of near 80.

Taking out 10'000's of years of human nature takes a little time.  Even in the 50's it was ok to marry a girl in her mid teens.   Remember, this in the terms of the macro sense has been but a blink of an eye.

Slavery was normal not long ago. Humans eating humans too.

Not food for thought. Its sick.

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I made those comments specifically in response to another comment where Bluespunk said something about it always being the case that the older man was the one who sought out the girl and initiated sex, so I questioned "what if the 14 year old girl who sought out the man and initiated sex, would it still be the case that the man sought out the girl and initiated sex?".

I didn't mention criminality, responsibility or whether it changed who was "to blame".

If You want to pretend that meant something different for your own bizarre reasons, I guess I can't do much to stop you. ????‍♂️

Fair point, well said.

And I apologize if that was your true intent but you’ve got to admit it’s a VERY black and white issue. 

Any argument that points the finger at anyone other than a grown man who not only has this child in his bed but (if the story is to be believed) has a harem, then perhaps you can also understand the incredulity when you don’t just come out and say he’s an absolute deviant. 

5 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Exactly. Don't even know why this is a debate.

Many on here saying 'but it's the Thai way' with none of them condemning it.

We are talking about a 14 year child. Even if that's close to the 15 years cut off, what age does it become NOT ok? 13? 12? 10? 9?

Underage children are underage children. It's really as simple as that.

just for clarification..... if the girl is 14 years and 364 days old and sleeps with her 15 years and one day old boyfriend instead of waiting the extra hour until midnight???//

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

Thank you Margaret Mead.
We appreciate the anthropological lesson but it is 2022 and hopefully (although it might not seem from this thread) we have moved on from thinking that a child is “fair game”, even if her actions say otherwise. 

Edited by johnnybangkok

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

it’s a VERY black and white issue.

Well, it is and it isn't.  To us, from our perspective, thinking of our home countries, it's obviously something that is not only illegal, but also something that is universally condemned, probably the worst crime that a man can commit.  But, in Thailand, although it is illegal, it is something that is often accepted, tolerated, turned a blind eye to, etc., generally were there is a relationship with the girl being underage and the man being in his twenties.  It would also seem that underage prostitution is tolerated in some instances (although I don't know much more than what we see in the news about that).  And, of course, wealthy men in Asia get away with a lot.

Any argument that points the finger at anyone

See, I wasn't/haven't pointed the finger at anyone.  That isn't the angle I was taking.

you don’t just come out and say he’s an absolute deviant.

A deviant in deviant land... 

Sometimes you have to simply try to shrug things off.  We all see many things every day that we would no doubt like to fix.  It would be hard to live in Thailand if you worried about every one of them.  You certainly cannot change anything.

You need to be able to accept some things as being "just the way things are in Thailand".  It doesn't mean you approve of it.  It doesn't mean you cannot make a tiny effort in select safe situations (I've certainly shown very discrete disapproval on a number of occasions about certain behaviours in Thailand).  It doesn't mean that you don't sometimes hear things that break your heart.  But there's only so much of your emotional reserves that you can dedicate to something that you have almost zero chance of fixing.  You'd be going up against a society, and even people who are in the victim group are indoctrinated to believe it is how things should be.  And, sorry, but typing "that's disgusting, he should have his penis cut off" on a forum just isn't the tonic for me that I guess it is for others.

I'd rather show kindness to people have been treated unkindly in real life, than to rage against some formless phantom online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember the old Pu-Ya-Baan in my wife's village, late 60's guy now passed away, had quite a liking for 14-16 year old girls. He'd pick one up after school finished and go to a 'resort'. Nobody in the village seemed remotely perturbed by this - including his wife who was quite accepting of it!  My wife just said 'as men get older they like younger girls'.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Thank you Margaret Mead.
We appreciate the anthropological lesson but it is 2022 and hopefully (although it might not seem from this thread) we have moved on from thinking that a child is “fair game”, even if her actions say otherwise. 

I said it's immoral today and I wholly dissapprove.  Thank you for showing you cannot comprehend the written word.

11 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Slavery was normal not long ago. Humans eating humans too.

Not food for thought. Its sick.

You just repeated my opening statement.  Thank you for agreeing with me that it's 100% wrong and immoral today.

However, comparing the propogation of a species for survival due to the necessity of their biological expiration and the wholly unneccesarriness of canabolism and slavery which were choices to hurt other humans are not in the same galaxy, let alone ball park.  Like trying to compare the creation of life to the stoning of someone to death as the same thing.  

Edited by Dart12

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The easy way out would just be to marry the girl. 

After reading this and all the online lawyers here who are also grand-standng on their countries' holier than thou (supposed laws) and righteousness against Thai culture, I was curious what the legal ages are in the USA right now as a comparison.  

No, it's not 18 as a standard.

Close to half of the States in US allow for fully consenting age to be 16.  No loopholes needed.  

Then, as you menition, add in marriage, and many states go down to the age of 13 as allowable, and 3-5 actually go down to 10 years old!!!

That shocked me.  I can't believe that some of these laws haven't been updated to more modern sensibilities yet.

Yet, to my dissappointment, you now have the woke culture  sitting there and propping up movies like "cuties" on netflix that is glorifying the sexualization of girls 10 and 11 years old under the guise of "empowerment".

This world has really gotten twisted since the pandemic.

• Like 1

Meanwhile my wife got dragged into a local problem when her 19 y.o. nephew back in her village, who she was sort of a surrogate mother for, was seen going into the house of a 13 year old girl, after the kid called him to say she was alone. Although no sex had occurred apparently, both families are upset, the village chief involved, and then called my wife to get her to explain to him if something like this happens again, the police will get involved. My only comment was I'm not bailing anyone out. Wondering if her nephew was a rich man whether this would be such an issue....

19 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

It sounds like she's happy. 

Many cultures allow even younger women to enter into "relationships"! If she and her friends are happy then what is  the problem?? My wife of 54 years was told that she was too old at 17 to get a reasonable husband (Northern Vietnam) and was forced to marry at 18 to an Officer who had been serving overseas (spoiled goods) and was told that it was her last chance! Ignore the "blue noses"!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Well, it is and it isn't.  To us, from our perspective, thinking of our home countries, it's obviously something that is not only illegal, but also something that is universally condemned, probably the worst crime that a man can commit.  But, in Thailand, although it is illegal, it is something that is often accepted, tolerated, turned a blind eye to, etc., generally were there is a relationship with the girl being underage and the man being in his twenties.  It would also seem that underage prostitution is tolerated in some instances (although I don't know much more than what we see in the news about that).  And, of course, wealthy men in Asia get away with a lot.

You're making yourself out to be an expert on Thai culture and you clearly are not.  I can only assume you're getting your information from the people that you associate with.  Sex with underage girls is not accepted nor condoned in Thailand.  Does it happen?  Yes it does.  But it doesn't mean the whole of Thai society accepts it.  Does it happen in my home country of the USA?  Yes it does.  But it doesn't mean the whole of American society accepts it.  

I will concede that enforcement in Thailand is not as rigid as the USA.  I just read an article about an American doctor trying to engage in sex with a 15 year old.  Of course it was a sting and this dude is toast.  But it doesn't mean the whole of US society is like this...

[A now-former pediatrician at Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa is accused of trying to meet up with who he thought was a 15-year-old for sex at the Arizona Mills mall in Tempe. On Oct. 11, 36-year-old Bryce David Olsen reportedly messaged an undercover officer posing as a teen on a social media dating site.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pediatrician-accused-of-trying-to-meet-up-with-teen-for-sex-at-arizona-mills-in-tempe/ar-AA13poWx?ocid=wispr&cvid=c3437538ea6b4acdb55021e7f9074e15

23 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You're making yourself out to be an expert on Thai culture and you clearly are not.

I'm simply giving my opinion based on observations.

I can only assume you're getting your information from the people that you associate with.

No.  I don't think you're that stupid.  You're saying this as some sort of subtle accusation.  There is no reason to assume this.  There are a broad range of sources that foreigners can access to get an idea of what happens in Thailand.

Sex with underage girls is not accepted nor condoned in Thailand.

See the comment you're replying to.  No need to type it out again.  You can disagree if you wish.

Does it happen?  Yes it does.  But it doesn't mean the whole of Thai society accepts it.

Who said anything about the whole of Thai society accepting it?  Most Thais don't really care about what happens to people unrelated to them or anything that doesn't affect them.

Does it happen in my home country of the USA?  Yes it does.  But it doesn't mean the whole of American society accepts it.

1, This doesn't have anything to do with the US as it is a completely different culture.  2, I don't believe that it happens anywhere near the same level.  3, The reaction to it in the US is completely different to Thailand, showing the very different attitude towards it in the US.

Mentioning the US only serves to highlight the fact that attitudes are very different in Thailand and doesn't help your argument at all.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm simply giving my opinion based on observations.

Can you accept that your opinion is wrong?  Or perhaps that your "observations" (whatever that means) aren't exactly scientific?  To quote YOUR comments, I don't think you're that stupid.

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm not sure that really makes sense.  As far as I know opinions aren't right or wrong, that is facts. 

Lordy.  If I say that "in my opinion," the Earth is flat, I can certainly be wrong.  Understand?

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

None of this is scientific.  It's a discussion on an online forum.  Expecting to come here and find people solely quoting research data and not mostly anecdotal evidence would be bizarre.

Exactly.  Your observations aren't scientific, but you're relying on them to render your opinion.  And you're expressing your opinion as being fact.  When you say that the Thai culture accepts or condones underage sex, you're not accepting the reality that you could be wrong.  

12 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Lordy.  If I say that "in my opinion," the Earth is flat, I can certainly be wrong.  Understand?

Scientific fact would be once they are capable of reproduction, they should. 

Opinion would be, they should wait for 5-10 years before they do.,