Insect crawling under skin?

THAIPHUKET

I think I see a track. That's another scabies sign. If the itching is more intense at night, almost definitely.

The first time I had scabies was in Boston and I was so freaked out after the treatment that I would get reinfected that I drove to Montreal. 

Good times.

Just now, internationalism said:

if it's scabies, you can try ivermectin. Pills and creams.

Or were you bitten by some insects on the beach?

Probably the cream first.

Ivermectin works but it will be weaker on later infections so I would suggest saving that option just in case.

scabies would rather develop slowly, over several weeks.

If sadden onset maybe sandfly bite - in thailand they are not only on beaches. I got bitten in my local park. Usually you don't feel bite, just within hours redness and later blisters.

As I have mentioned - you can try ivermectin. It has also anti inflammatory properties

On 10/30/2022 at 2:25 PM, Iamfalang said:

Hello my good man, INTERNET doctor here!!!!!

First, three large bottles of Chang

Then, naked, run 100 meters to the nearest lake/river/body of water and swim for 234 seconds.  Not a second longer!!!!  

Once you are done, find the nearest buddha.  Pray for 39 hours and only drink Chang.  

Once this is completed, go see a doctor and show him your arm.  

Clearly is the most profound profound advice

ever. Do you think it would cure brain tumors too?

On 10/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, Gaccha said:

I guess it's scabies (mites under the skin). Presumably very itchy. If it is, the doc will give you permethrin

But go see the doctor. 

Definitely looks like scabies.          

I don't believe permethrin is available in Thailand.

It is highly contagious and will require extreme caution regarding washing all your clothes and bedding.

For an accurate diagnosis a doctor will need to do a small   scraping of  your skin and  examine it under a microscope.

Good luck and don't delay seeing a doctor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=scabies+pictures&rlz=1C5CHFA_enTH703TH703&sxsrf=ALiCzsb8G6OvcpUqQZ5P45nNhAT_oE42iQ:1667270898210&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjAhoeN_Iv7AhW1KkQIHUwvD3EQ_AUoAXoECAMQAw&biw=1440&bih=789&dpr=1

From the Mayo Clinic:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/scabies/symptoms-causes/syc-20377378

Edited by In Full Agreement

On 10/30/2022 at 3:04 PM, Jingthing said:

Scabies is creepy as hell but its not really serious medically if that helps a little bit.

I don't think that's correct.

You can get heart trouble as a result of scratching, where the infection affects the heart valves.

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

Definitely looks like scabies.          

I don't believe permethrin is available in Thailand.

It is highly contagious and will require extreme caution regarding washing all your clothes and bedding.

For an accurate diagnosis a doctor will need to do a small   scraping of  your skin and  examine it under a microscope.

Good luck and don't delay seeing a doctor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=scabies+pictures&rlz=1C5CHFA_enTH703TH703&sxsrf=ALiCzsb8G6OvcpUqQZ5P45nNhAT_oE42iQ:1667270898210&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjAhoeN_Iv7AhW1KkQIHUwvD3EQ_AUoAXoECAMQAw&biw=1440&bih=789&dpr=1

From the Mayo Clinic:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/scabies/symptoms-causes/syc-20377378

In real life doctors don't get a definite diagnosis with scraping, that's difficult to do and hit and miss, and instead call it scabies based on symptoms. 

11 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

Thanks for your replies. I decided to be stubborn as well not only the symptoms.

I used only Tiger cream. Itch declined. Still many red spots.

So was the itching worse at night or not.

If its scabies you can get temporary help with tea tree oil.

It kills the mites but not the eggs.

Since I've definitely had scabies before I could self diagnose. It's quite distinctive. 

But yeah you should see a doctor if you're not comfortable with that.