No business sense

Sparktrader

38 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

During low season they will be broke again. Good.

true. and most in the hospitality industry deserve it to be honest. good service is virtually non existent here. 

Edited by bob smith

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

true. and most in the hospitality industry deserve it to be honest. good service is virtually non existent here. 

Isn't it abysmal the world over when people are trying to grab the coin they can.  I have watched as prices were increased here because they had fewer patrons in restaurants instead of lowering them to bring in more folks which would cover the difference. However, I have never had an issue in any of the Hotels we have booked or stayed at here in Thailand when we travel.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

I know nov 1 hotels can put prices up but not all. My new room is the same std 470 baht vs 800 baht.

Plus i was a repeat customer. 

Anyway i had to walk dentist so did that then walked hotel. 2km allup. Got touched up by massage girls the whole way.

If i was running a hotel i would have said normally 800 but for you 700. I would have stayed. Not full.

Burmese chick at new hotel. Kinda cute.

Phils staff in dentist and dr clinic. Hot as.

6000bht/month is the usual rate for me. 

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

6000bht/month is the usual rate for me. 

Yes renting a room for the month is always a cheaper way to go, but many do not want to base themselves out of one room and then travel.  I did when I first came to Thailand, it was way cheaper in the end and I always had a base to travel from.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Fine if u like location. Im moving soon. Too many farangs here.

You chose to be in Patong, Phuket is very full of foreigners. Seems you like the company of Thai women, and those in Udon did not do it for you.  Maybe you should head to Chumpon or Phang Nga.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

You chose to be in Patong, Phuket is very full of foreigners. Seems you like the company of Thai women, and those in Udon did not do it for you.  Maybe you should head to Chumpon or Phang Nga.

Going isaan then pkk and ban krut.

I only choose phuket easy flight. Some hot Phil women here. Hot Songkhla woman in glasses shop.

Id rather skip Phuket but no flights same day.

Might go Songkhla next year.

Take the bus mate. Then the train up to PKK.

Ban Krut is a highly tourist destination for thai tourists arriving by group buses. So this haven of tranquility with its long beach, the mountains with a golden-roofed Wat Tang Sai temple with its huge Buddha of the same brightness, completely changes on weekends and thai holidays.

Edited by ThailandRyan

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Take the bus mate. Then the train up to PKK.

Ban Krut is a highly tourist destination for thai tourists arriving by group buses. So this haven of tranquility with its long beach, the mountains with a golden-roofed Wat Tang Sai temple with its huge Buddha of the same brightness, completely changes on weekends and thai holidays.

I will go during week. Never been. Train line makes it easy. 

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The OP was paying 16,500 baht/month for a room without a kitchen, changed to one costing 14,100. Calculated on a 30 day/month basis.

Most condos will rent by the month, usually apartments are bigger and better equipped. Power and water is usually about 600 - 800 baht/month.

I can rent a condo in Jomtien or Pattaya for 10,000 baht/month, even less in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.

The OP is talking about Thai business sense? LOL.

What are you on about? Im staying 4 nights not a month.

Nonsensical response.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I can rent a condo in Jomtien or Pattaya for 10,000 baht/month, even less in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.

The OP is talking about Thai business sense? LOL.

Yep, some of those condo's surrounded by swimming pools are advertised at 8k/month.

I'd be in one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1