Transport Minister inspects Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

For a few there is an inspection, but for the thousands of other people arriving they don't care..... And for the few CEO and other "important" people everything has to look the best, but I hope they read this forum too, than the see the reality 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why not ensure they are fully prepared year around for those arriving and not just put lipstick on the pig for a special convention.

That's the key item, presentation; must be over the top beautiful, never mind if it works.

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The Transport Minister has urged related agencies to ensure maximum security protection for the country leaders on their arrivals and departures.

They could start by teaching their security guards the basics.

In August I was at Swampy picking up a friend and ass it was early (before 5am) the airport was fairly deserted.

Directly opposite a guard booth (and in line of sight) was a sitting area, with bags placed on the seats (to save the seats) but no one around, apart from the guard.

When I pointed the bags out to the guard and after she was able to put down her smartphone, she seemed rather confused as to why someone would worry about unattended baggage being left at an international airport and why this would be a problem. ????

These are security guards who should be trained specifically to matters concerning airport security. ????

I had a similar experience at domestic. I went to an employee at one of the gates and said there was an unattended bag nearby, and she asked me what she should do. I suggested calling security - who didn't answer. Then I offered to show her the bag and she walked just ahead of me and right past the bag. The owner of the bag then appeared and I walked back with her to her gate. And there were several unattended bags by the entrance to the airbridge. Oh, they belong to the crew, she said.

Security at the airport is as useless as the MRT 'security guards' who shine a torch at your closed bag for a nano-second. Or the 'security guard' at Siam Paragon who 'guarded' the entrance and watched as countless people went in via the exit and avoided the airport-style scanners, and did nothing.

Thailand is wide, wide open to terrorism, and when - not if - an attack occurs they'll set up a few committees to examine what went wrong and insist that the country is safe for tourists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I had a similar experience at domestic. I went to an employee at one of the gates and said there was an unattended bag nearby, and she asked me what she should do. I suggested calling security - who didn't answer. Then I offered to show her the bag and she walked just ahead of me and right past the bag. The owner of the bag then appeared and I walked back with her to her gate. And there were several unattended bags by the entrance to the airbridge. Oh, they belong to the crew, she said.

Security at the airport is as useless as the MRT 'security guards' who shine a torch at your closed bag for a nano-second. Or the 'security guard' at Siam Paragon who 'guarded' the entrance and watched as countless people went in via the exit and avoided the airport-style scanners, and did nothing.

Thailand is wide, wide open to terrorism, and when - not if - an attack occurs they'll set up a few committees to examine what went wrong and insist that the country is safe for tourists.

agree, there was an event on khao san road, the RTP had metal detectors and searches at each end of the road, a big, and inconvenient show, and a waste of time as khao san road could be accessed via any of the many small sois joining from parallel roads. you do wonder at the thought process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Saksayam said he had ordered the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, the Aeronautical Radio of Thailand, and Airports of Thailand which owns and operates 6 airports, as well as related agencies to fully prepare their facilities and staff members for the occasion.

Are they not operating this way on a daily basis?

Did anyone tell Kamala Harris already, that she might have to queue like every other Tom, Dick and Harry for an extended period of time until Somchai with all his rubber-stamps has flipped through her entire passport, ask her if she is here "for the boys" (as I, male, was asked if I like Thai girls) and then stamp into a brand new page despite having plenty of space on half-used pages? 

How stupid of me, she does not need a passport, most likely ........ 

I think most official government attendees will arrive at DMK, and be whisked from the tarmac to their hotels.

I assume anyone else, press for example, coming for APEC and arriving at BKK, will be greeted at the gate and get the golf-cart treatment.

Meanwhile, authorities have announced quite a few security measures which will impact daily travel in/around central Bangkok Nov 12-19.

On 11/4/2022 at 9:17 AM, webfact said:

Mr. Saksayam said he had ordered the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, the Aeronautical Radio of Thailand, and Airports of Thailand which owns and operates 6 airports, as well as related agencies to fully prepare their facilities and staff members for the occasion.

These entities will be coordinating with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Customs Department, and the Excise Department to facilitate travel formalities for APEC

The day Thailand has a joined up government that can organizes all departments to work together...........don't hold your breath.